BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

If the LT is correct and we are looking for Sporting Director and Head coach structure then I don't see Ainsworth accepting that Head Coach role and I think he will likely stay at Wycombe. 

I will throw another name into the mix is Former Watford head coach Xisco Muñoz who contract at Spanish club SD Huesca is up at the end of June. He did well at Watford and they were 13th in PL when Watford sacked him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You thought that Mowbray was staying despite him saying he was off. 

The Sporting Director role is needed and many clubs even at Championship clubs are now employing them

Its over 5 years since we actually seen a footballing appointment to the club. Lets hope they have learnt about how football works. 

Would you been happy with Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal as our next head coach? 

Yes I agree with this

I think I would describe that as blind faith. I suppose it wont be Venkys directly picking unless an agency muscles in and their "naivety" wins again.

Farke yes, Carvalhal probably yes I would consider to be good appointments. I expect someone probably not mentioned yet and not for a long while either.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think I would describe that as blind faith. I suppose it wont be Venkys directly picking unless an agency muscles in and their "naivety" wins again.

Well that is no surprise with you. 

What agency? 

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Farke yes, Carvalhal probably yes I would consider to be good appointments. I expect someone probably not mentioned yet and not for a long while either.

Good to hear you would be happy with either. 

We have to see what happens in the couple of weeks regarding these 2 appointments 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well that is no surprise with you. 

What agency? 

Good to hear you would be happy with either. 

We have to see what happens in the couple of weeks regarding these 2 appointments 

With me? I don't think its unjustified pessimism that causes me to fear the worst regarding key decisions made under Venkys ownership!

I suspect that in a couple of weeks the role will still be vacant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Wow, one of 11 teams to 'win' a Mickey mouse trophy that was really only a UEFA cup qualifier, and the actual winners of it were Hamburg.

C'mon, we're not Newcastle fans, we don't need to try and count that.

Just saw it on Transfermarkt and confused it with the Inter-cities fair cup. I was 6 when the thing happened and I sometimes get these pre-Europa League trophies mixed up!

19 minutes ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

Just saw it on Transfermarkt and confused it with the Inter-cities fair cup. I was 6 when the thing happened and I sometimes get these pre-Europa League trophies mixed up!

Easily done, as anything outside the main two European trophies isn't worth a jot.

So you were only a kid when Venkys ruined your life, my sincere sympathies.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

I will mention a name who might be good possible as new Sporting Director is Steve Hitchen. Former Spurs head of recruitment and scouting. Plus he was close to being appointing Everton DoF in February/March time but didn't happen and Kevin Thelwell was appointed

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will mention a name who might be good possible as new Sporting Director is Steve Hitchen. Former Spurs head of recruitment and scouting. Plus he was close to being appointing Everton DoF in February/March time but didn't happen and Kevin Thelwell was appointed

I wouldn’t bother chaddy, we all know it’s likely to be some cheap washed up old has beens from a lower league in a by gone era knowing this lot.

All this should of been completed weeks ago with pre signed contracts if Venky/Mowbray knew 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You thought that Mowbray was staying despite him saying he was off. 

The Sporting Director role is needed and many clubs even at Championship clubs are now employing them

Its over 5 years since we actually seen a footballing appointment to the club. Lets hope they have learnt about how football works. 

Would you been happy with Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal as our next head coach? 

Yes I agree with this

Yes correct, I did think Mowbray was staying and I remain of the view that the Club itself had no plan for his departure and that the late meetings and discussions were to try and to see if he would agree to carry on. 

For one reason or another he had made up his mind by then and nailed his colours to the mast so instead they made it sound like a mutual agreement and are now scrambling around with no clear strategy.

I agree with you we should go down the Sporting Director route if we want to avoid high turnover and radical changes every time a manager departs. But to do it we need a qualified Sporting Director and that person needs the power to direct.

If we get someone unqualified or they don't have the power to sign players etc. then its a waste of time.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes correct, I did think Mowbray was staying and I remain of the view that the Club itself had no plan for his departure and that the late meetings and discussions were to try and to see if he would agree to carry on. 

For one reason or another he had made up his mind by then and nailed his colours to the mast so instead they made it sound like a mutual agreement

I think Mowbray wanted the club to be grateful for the job but he failed in his main job which was promotion and after 4 years of trying and this season blowing our best chance cos of him he had to go. The owners seems not to want to offer him and wanted to wait until the end of the season. I think him and his agent expect to be offer a new contract around Christmas but they weren't one. 

Also I think the fans turning on him during the Stoke Game upset him but as Waggott said his comments were wrong in Fans forum meeting.

are now scrambling around with no clear strategy

I think there is a plan and we will now go through the interview process. Rovers want a sporting Director and head coach. 

I agree with you we should go down the Sporting Director route if we want to avoid high turnover and radical changes every time a manager departs. But to do it we need a qualified Sporting Director and that person needs the power to direct.

If we get someone unqualified or they don't have the power to sign players etc. then its a waste of time.

We are both in totally agreement on the structure we want. I do think this structure rules out people like Gareth Ainsworth or Chris Hughton but I think its the right structure to move forward with. 

Yes I agree we need someone who is experience in sporting director role. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Is it safe to say most Rovers fans hope we luck our way to PL, Venky’s sells the club, after getting that promotion money to recoup their losses, and some fan in the mold of Jack Walker buys the club? 

That would be the ideal scenario, but it's fair to say there aren't many Jack Walker type owners out there.

We all accept our trophy winning days are far away and may not return for a while, if at all. Certainly, our title win was a dream achievement and is something we will probably never see again.

However, promotion isn't a pipe dream and is achievable, but it's the lack of desire for it, the lack of care and effort from the top down that angers me the most. That's not aimed at the players. Rovers always had a "can do" attitude, regardless of finances. We'd always have a go and the manager and board would both want the club to kick on. That hasn't been seen for 12 years now.

We had a great chance in January, yet the owners clearly didn't care or acknowledge it. Same with Mowbray. His shoulder shrugging, defeatist, not arsed attitude with us up there was unforgivable. His behaviour was not that of somebody who wanted to go up.

I don't think any manager that we had prior to Venky's would have carried on the way Mowbray did in that position.

This "not arsed" loser mentality stems from those at the top and filters down and has been doing since 2010.  We've just got to hope they fluke their way to a Farke or Carvalhal, managers who could do the business despite the owners' shit way of doing things.

• Like 5

An appoitment of Michael Zorc (former dof at german giants Dortmund) and Daniel Farke would be an intent of ambition and a message of ambition from the owners....but cant see that happen....but IF...I would  be amazed.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

An appoitment of Michael Zorc (former dof at german giants Dortmund) and Daniel Farke would be an intent of ambition and a message of ambition from the owners....but cant see that happen....but IF...I would  be amazed.

Think he’s actually retiring from football from what I’ve just read

37 minutes ago, neophox said:

Available managers... 

My list

1.Daniel Farke

2.Sean Dyce

3.Martin Wagner

13 minutes ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

The anger from them if we got Dyche would be delicious.

Unfortunately the bastards are probably a lot more enticing 

A Blackburn source has told Football Insider that Carvalhal is a top contender to take the reins ahead of next season.

Also apparently there's interest in Canada boss John Herdman from us, them and QPR. It's an interesting idea, but he has no experience at all in the club game. He has some impressive wins but it's such a different game and I think the Championship is too high-level to cut your teeth on.

We've also been linked with the Wycombe and MK Dons bosses. I think the former is a solidly league one manager but Manning from Dons is slightly interesting.

Also I know its a longshot but thoughts on Robbie Neilson?

Edited by VenkysRuinedMyLife

12 minutes ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

A Blackburn source has told Football Insider that Carvalhal is a top contender to take the reins ahead of next season.

So we wait till July for his contract to expire then he decides he doesn't want to come here. In the meantime any decent out of work managers get snapped up.

That's the usual script isn't it?

• Like 2