BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

22 minutes ago, AspRover said:

What does Pasha know about English football?

I know nothing in particular about the bloke but he has been directly involved in the club since when - 2015? 16?

If you dropped me into an industry that I knew nothing about whatsoever I'd like to think that in six years I'd have a fair idea of what's going on, assuming I gave a damn about doing a good job in the first place.

Of course this works both ways - Pasha should have learned the ropes by now so to speak, so we should be expecting him to do a competent job.

edit for clarification - Expecting as in 'After six years you should be doing a good job' not 'I expect he will do a good job' - two different things - I have no idea how much work he's put in or whether he takes the job seriously or anything about him to be honest. I don't think any of us do, we just assume he's useless because he's Venky's.

Agree, in part, but how many other football executives came into the job having previously managed a biscuit factory?

Not exactly a relevant skill set.

His role just adds to the muddle.

He shouldn't be the CEO, but as the person in that capacity, Waggott should be calling the shots.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Agree, in part, but how many other football executives came into the job having previously managed a biscuit factory?

Not exactly a relevant skill set.

100% agree, a bizarre appointment. All I'm saying is that anyone vaguely competent (anyone know if he was any good at managing a biscuit factory?) should have, in six years, gained the skill set required to do the job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AspRover said:

100% agree, a bizarre appointment. All I'm saying is that anyone vaguely competent (anyone know if he was any good at managing a biscuit factory?) should have, in six years, gained the skill set required to do the job.

The job of shadowing and undermining the CEO? 😉 

Well its page 120

The forecast was this is how many pages before a new manager was announced!

I would like to forecast 147 as posts have slowed a little and just about every available or even unavailable manager has had a mention

Any other forecasts - page number not successful candidate (they will have got a mention somewhere)

12 minutes ago, sw0808 said:

Well its page 120

The forecast was this is how many pages before a new manager was announced!

I would like to forecast 147 as posts have slowed a little and just about every available or even unavailable manager has had a mention

Any other forecasts - page number not successful candidate (they will have got a mention somewhere)

147 might be the page waggot goes? 165 for venus and closer to 200 for the new appointments 

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

147 might be the page waggot goes? 165 for venus and closer to 200 for the new appointments 

Well the info I got last Aug was that they are both going - so on that basis your 147 is a good call - maybe I should have a rethink on my page forecast

I just get the feeling Waggott is scrambling to keep his job?

58 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Watford identified who they wanted and went out and got him.

We should know who we want. Even going through an interview process says, “we’re clueless”.

Waggott and Pasha? Oh dear!
Expecting a long, drawn out process, with agents bypassing it and going directly to Venkys, (happened before), and then one or two underwhelming or quite possibly terrible appointments.

As I said, I would love to be wrong.

and Watford will probably sack him in a few weeks time after the season starts. 

Yes we know who we want to interview shortly. 

We need the appointments made before end of the month tbh. 

You are mentioning things that happened 6 years ago and in recent years we have nothing to based it on. Also why didn't Mowbray get a new contract if his agents are so favour by them? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

and Watford will probably sack him in a few weeks time after the season starts. 

Yes we know who we want to interview shortly. 

We need the appointments made before end of the month tbh. 

You are mentioning things that happened 6 years ago and in recent years we have nothing to based it on. Also why didn't Mowbray get a new contract if his agents are so favour by them? 

Your mindset seems to be to question those who are basing their opinion that Venkys are unlikely to get this/these decisions right and/or that agents wont be key to the decision on the basis that the last managerial decision was 6 years ago. Surely the onus is on you to tell people why you assume that they HAVE suddenly changed and now know how to run a football club?

Much more minor in the grand scheme of things but you can see signs that they are not emotionally interested and invested in the club. They claimed that they would attend a game this season, they didn't. The manager wasn't able to reinvest any of the Armstrong money nor was he given money when 2nd in January. The owners seemingly haven't communicated with the manager etc for at least 6 months. The owners flatly declined a fairly moderate 2m necessary spend on a new pitch last summer despite it not falling under the criteria of the common excuse of FFP.

It seems like the managerial search falls on the remit of Waggott rather than the owners, which itself is likely an example of delegating such a key task to someone who perhaps isn't suitably up to that job.

You don't know that the club know who they want to interview nor whether it will be "shortly" as you say.

Watford sack their managers often before things are allowed to manifest and turn really sour.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Nothing to base it on? Have you forgot about all of the Boro boys turning up here during that time? The money wasted on favours for mates? Us being called entitled recently just because Mowbray got a bit of stick?

The only reason Mowbray hasn't got a new deal is because his ego couldn't bare the fact that there was no offer on the table in January. If he wanted a new deal it would have sorted by his bastard agents, but his ego wouldn't let him go to the owners and ask. He didn't receive an offer, his pride was hurt and off he went.

I think if they was still in favour then Mowbray would have got a new contract earlier in the season. He didn't

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your mindset seems to be to question those who are basing their opinion that Venkys are unlikely to get this/these decisions right and/or that agents wont be key to the decision on the basis that the last managerial decision was 6 years ago. Surely the onus is on you to tell people why you assume that they HAVE suddenly changed and now know how to run a football club?

6 years ago have gone past and we actually on Waggott here as CEO and hopefully they have learnt. 

Much more minor in the grand scheme of things but you can see signs that they are not emotionally interested and invested in the club. They claimed that they would attend a game this season, they didn't. The manager wasn't able to reinvest any of the Armstrong money nor was he given money when 2nd in January. The owners seemingly haven't communicated with the manager etc for at least 6 months. The owners flatly declined a fairly moderate 2m necessary spend on a new pitch last summer despite it not falling under the criteria of the common excuse of FFP.

If they weren't interested they wouldn't keep covering the club's debt, buying the training ground last summer to stop an embargo from happening. The 10 million from the Armstrong money would cover most of the debt allowing us more scope to spend in coming season. He signed 5 players in January and he pick the signings and none made a impact cos his tactics and formations. Hedges look good in the few games but before that Mowbray refuse to start him cos he didn't under the tactics. 

It seems like the managerial search falls on the remit of Waggott rather than the owners, which itself is likely an example of delegating such a key task to someone who perhaps isn't suitably up to that job.

You don't know that the club know who they want to interview nor whether it will be "shortly" as you say.

We know that we had over 60 applicants for the job and hopefully now a shortlist has been formed for both job roles. Now interviews this week and appointment made the week after would be ideal scenario. I think most of the 6 man shortlist for head coach position will be overseas coach who are used to working in this kind of structure. 

Watford sack their managers often before things are allowed to manifest and turn really sour.

Yes that really worked sacking their manager Xisco Munoz when they were 13th in the league. Now 2 appointments later they are going down. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

6 years ago have gone past and we actually on Waggott here as CEO and hopefully they have learnt. 

If they weren't interested they wouldn't keep covering the club's debt, buying the training ground last summer to stop an embargo from happening. The 10 million from the Armstrong money would cover most of the debt allowing us more scope to spend in coming season. He signed 5 players in January and he pick the signings and none made a impact cos his tactics and formations. Hedges look good in the few games but before that Mowbray refuse to start him cos he didn't under the tactics. 

We know that we had over 60 applicants for the job and hopefully now a shortlist has been formed for both job roles. Now interviews this week and appointment made the week after would be ideal scenario. I think most of the 6 man shortlist for head coach position will be overseas coach who are used to working in this kind of structure. 

Yes that really worked sacking their manager Xisco Munoz when they were 13th in the league. Now 2 appointments later they are going down. 

Lots of hopefullys and assumptions there, based on very little aside from gossip and blind faith. 

Hopefully they have learnt, but you will question why people do base their worries on previous decisions yet seem oblivious to why people will question why you have just assumed that they may have learnt. At least those people have historical actions as evidence to their opinion.

Presume by "more scope" you mean FFP because we will as a Championships club make a loss every year so selling Armstrong wont stop that, yet they rejected the opportunity to spend 2m on the pitch that was needed that wasn't eligible under FFP, so that disproves that the main factor stopping further investment is FFP. If you think they genuinely are interested and invested emotionally then fair enough, maybe you haven't paid much attention over the last 12 years and follow the commonly held belief that merely ensuring that the club remains a club is a reason for praise!

The 6 man shortlist was a bit of gossip made up by Nixon before Mowbray had even gone, there is no indication that we are interviewing people so why you are clinging onto this rumour as factual is beyond me.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and Watford will probably sack him in a few weeks time after the season starts

Pure speculation, and even if they do they would likely appoint someone else capable of getting them into the promotion mix. The point is, they act decisively.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

At most other clubs the manager would’ve been sacked during one of several shocking runs.

I didn’t mention a specific agency. The way we operate is a gift for any agency. They realise how gullible Venkys are.

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Tony Mowbray, Paul Lambert, Gary Bowyer NEVER took us even into the play offs.

How about we start being a little bit more realistic and less slapped arse ?

The first two had achieved full on automatic promotion to the Prem before managing us, and still couldn't take us to the playoffs (not that Lambert was here long enough). So with a worse record, the logic doesn't suggest Carvalhal would do any better. Coyle had gained promotion too and he was trash. Bowyer was an unknown quantity as it was his first gig.

Note I'm not saying Carvalhal won't be the right man. Just his CV in this league is worse than some of those who have previously failed, so I can see why some might not be that impressed.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Presume by "more scope" you mean FFP because we will as a Championships club make a loss every year so selling Armstrong wont stop that, yet they rejected the opportunity to spend 2m on the pitch that was needed that wasn't eligible under FFP, so that disproves that the main factor stopping further investment is FFP. If you think they genuinely are interested and invested emotionally then fair enough, maybe you haven't paid much attention over the last 12 years and follow the commonly held belief that merely ensuring that the club remains a club is a reason for praise!

I have paid every attention over the past 30 years of supporting this great club of Blackburn Rovers thanks. 

If you noticed most clubs have cut backs on the their spending and there is a massive financial cutbacks among EFL clubs since 2020, But clubs can still complete and get top 6 without spending millions like Luton and Huddersfield. 

Mowbray had more than enough backing to get us a playoff place over the last 4 seasons and he failed and he should take the blame for it

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The 6 man shortlist was a bit of gossip made up by Nixon before Mowbray had even gone, there is no indication that we are interviewing people so why you are clinging onto this rumour as factual is beyond me.

Mowbray was gone before the final game of the season and if you listen to his words his decisions was made a few games before the game. 

Oh I didn't know that you know where Rovers are up to with the interview process and which candidates have been interview, why don't you share with us all where we are up to?

not everything is in the public domain or us fans knew everything is going on with the search for both roles of Sporting Director and head coach. 

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Pure speculation, and even if they do they would likely appoint someone else capable of getting them into the promotion mix. The point is, they act decisively.

Yes they have acted so decisively this season it has cost them their PL place by sacking Xisco Munoz when they were 13th in the league 

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

At most other clubs the manager would’ve been sacked during one of several shocking runs.

agreed

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have paid every attention over the past 30 years of supporting this great club of Blackburn Rovers thanks. 

If you noticed most clubs have cut backs on the their spending and there is a massive financial cutbacks among EFL clubs since 2020, But clubs can still complete and get top 6 without spending millions like Luton and Huddersfield. 

Mowbray had more than enough backing to get us a playoff place over the last 4 seasons and he failed and he should take the blame for it

Mowbray was gone before the final game of the season and if you listen to his words his decisions was made a few games before the game. 

Oh I didn't know that you know where Rovers are up to with the interview process and which candidates have been interview, why don't you share with us all where we are up to?

not everything is in the public domain or us fans knew everything is going on with the search for both roles of Sporting Director and head coach. 

Yes they have acted so decisively this season it has cost them their PL place by sacking Xisco Munoz when they were 13th in the league 

agreed

I will bring you up to date. We almost certainly haven't interviewed anyone yet.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know this? 

I don't know for sure. But because our manager was only officially sacked this week.

This (the most reliable of sources we have which isn't saying much) was on Friday:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20137439.inside-blackburn-rovers-new-manager-search-tony-mowbray-exit/

Interest in the job has been strong, with applications from managers all over the world, though no shortlist has yet been drawn up as Rovers take an open mind to their search.

With applications still being taken, and coaches continuing to put their names in the ring, Rovers will take their time to assess the candidates and carry out the necessary due diligence so won’t be rushing into any decision.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I will bring you up to date. We almost certainly haven't interviewed anyone yet.

No but informal discussions could be happening.

According to Glen Mullan who in all fairness has been right plenty of times with information he has shared the club and Farke had talks way back in March.

Edited by islander200