BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

I highly doubt that this is the main or only reason for not having already made an appointment, but isn't there a likelihood that someone like Farke might hang on to see who is relegated before committing to a job like Rovers? He may already have been told not to take another job quite yet... 

Sometimes it's easy to think the only barriers to an appointment are created by the owners or their merry men. Might not necessarily be the case. 

Yes, I accept that, but we are almost certainly dithering. 
Rich Sharpe’s piece in today’s LT basically confirms that.

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

The latter. Cooper is a top, top Manager

But even his stock had fallen badly after a very bad run at Swansea. I doubt the Forest fans were all over the moon when he was named. It’s another case of a club and manager being a perfect fit.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ricky said:

But even his stock had fallen badly after a very bad run at Swansea. I doubt the Forest fans were all over the moon when he was named. It’s another case of a club and manager being a perfect fit.

Not true.

My Swansea supporting mates loved him, just wasn't backed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

why would he be?, he requires a very specific structure at a club and backing with players before he signs on as manager

Did Leeds have that structure when he became their manager.  So, why wouldn't he be, without using the word Venkies.  I suppose the big downside is he only plays one way and once sussed in the Prem he had no plan B.  Ciurse he had.more than his fare share of injuries to key players

Bielsa is just not going to happen.

The bloke is 67 and it was mentioned whilst at Leeds that he had an eye on retirement and going back to South America.

At Leeds he was on astronomical money and brought loads of staff along with him. These are two things that would ensure that it didn't happen.

I doubt he'd be interested even if we offered the money.

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Did Leeds have that structure when he became their manager.  So, why wouldn't he be, without using the word Venkies.  I suppose the big downside is he only plays one way and once sussed in the Prem he had no plan B.  Ciurse he had.more than his fare share of injuries to key players

If only this was possible when talking about anything to do with Rovers 

18 minutes ago, Ricky said:

In two seasons at Swansea Steve Cooper took them to a playoff final and a playoff semi final. He resigned on a matter of principle after promises made to him were reneged on. He had an interview for at a Premier League job in the summer and was very close to getting it. Just before he got the Forest job he was doing some coaching for Ancelotti in Madrid. His stock was very high after leaving Swansea.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Forest have spent over £25m on players over the past 3 seasons, I'm sure that helped too!

Yes they pulled a few quid in, but its like selling Armstrong and using the money to improve the team, who would of thought such an approach would reap rewards.......

Edited by Gav

The Braga statement (using google translate):

SC Braga, SAD informs that, after the two years provided for in the contract, Carlos Carvalhal ceases his connection to the Club.

Notwithstanding the wish previously conveyed to Carlos Carvalhal with a view to continuing the work developed, the coach announced this Monday that he intends to end the cycle at SC Braga and embrace new sports projects.

The conquest of the Portuguese Cup, in the middle of the Centenary year, appears as an inalienable mark in the 101 years of the history of SC Braga, ensuring that Carlos Carvalhal's contribution has a captive place in the gallery of achievements of our Club.

SC Braga thanks Carlos Carvalhal for all the work and dedication placed at the service of the Club, praising the professional attitude as he always faced his tasks in leading the main team.

39 minutes ago, USABlue said:

yes he came in because of victor orta who has spent months going through what would be needed to get him to commit to the club, its an even more fanciful suggestion than dyche 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He was made an offer and has chosen to leave to pursue other projects .......

He says he has turned down much more lucrative offers whilst at Braga, so it may just be that they haven't offered him what he has found he can get in the open market. Rather than something already being lined up.

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In two seasons at Swansea Steve Cooper took them to a playoff final and a playoff semi final. He resigned on a matter of principle after promises made to him were reneged on. He had an interview for at a Premier League job in the summer and was very close to getting it. Just before he got the Forest job he was doing some coaching for Ancelotti in Madrid. His stock was very high after leaving Swansea.

Was it Palace he was close too?

• Like 1

I see the head coach role here better suits to foreign head coach who is used to working in such a structure with Sporting Director would be better for us. So I would be looking at people like Daniel Farke, Carlos Carvalhal, Xisco Munoz, Maybe Diego Martinez or Thomas Christiansen. Maybe they are some British options out there like Lee Johnson or Michael Carrick or maybe Liverpool under 23 Barry Lewtas. 

For the Sporting Director role I would be looking at Norwich's Stuart Webber or Luke Dowling or Steve Hitchen. Rumours that Stuart Webber will be leaving Norwich shortly. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too but his stock has fallen badly since his time at Forest. I don’t know much about what was going on there. Did Cooper transform the club completely or did Hughton lay the foundations ?

Cooper came in and transform the club. Forest were bottom of the league when Cooper took over. Cooper has won 22, drew 10 and lost 6 of 38 games there this season. They finished 4th

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see the head coach role here better suits to foreign head coach who is used to working in such a structure with Sporting Director would be better for us. So I would be looking at people like Daniel Farke, Carlos Carvalhal, Xisco Munoz, Maybe Diego Martinez or Thomas Christiansen. Maybe they are some British options out there like Lee Johnson or Michael Carrick or maybe Liverpool under 23 Barry Lewtas. 

For the Sporting Director role I would be looking at Norwich's Stuart Webber or Luke Dowling or Steve Hitchen. Rumours that Stuart Webber will be leaving Norwich shortly. 

Cooper came in and transform the club. Forest were bottom of the league when Cooper took over. Cooper has won 22, drew 10 and lost 6 of 38 games there this season. They finished 4th

I know the stats Chaddy but sometimes there is a story behind the stats. I was reading about another manager not long ago. He’d brought in a lot of new players in the close season and they were struggling to gel. The board got nervous and decided to fire him. The team he built got promoted with the next manager.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know the stats Chaddy but sometimes there is a story behind the stats. I was reading about another manager not long ago. He’d brought in a lot of new players in the close season and they were struggling to gel. The board got nervous and decided to fire him. The team he built got promoted with the next manager.

Cooper changed formation and training methods straight away from Hughton. The football under Hughton to Cooper is like chalk and cheese. The fans didn't want Hughton anymore and the fans make their feelings know pretty quick this season. 

I read last week Hughton was staying the Ghana team for the World Cup so I don't see him coming here, 

Well it must have been quick - they sacked him after 7 games

I wouldn't be deterred by his role with Ghana. I'm sure he'd give that up if it meant he got a good management job and if not he could probably do it anyway during the World Cup break.