BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

16 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

So the owners of the football club cut communication with the team manager when there was a very real chance of the team making the playoffs - I'm sure that was in the best interests of the club!

Did Mowbray do something to upset them or are the just not interested at all. I suspect there was never much contact between the two parties and Venky's were just expecting Mowbray to turn up in the summer and get a new contract. That's probably about as much forward planning as they have ever done.

Anyone would think they didn't want to go up lol

• Like 2

I wouldn’t go off anything that news Lancs Live reporter says. Earlier this morning he was linking Ainsworth to Reading, even though the vacancy had been filled. 
If, as as reported, Carrick was in for the Lincoln job, why would he not be interested in us?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly. I don't know where Mccarthy's name has cropped up from but if say Bradley Orr did his coaching badges he'd have exactly the same sort of qualifications as McCarty for the role I.e. zero.

Benni is the Diego Simeone of SA football management. 

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I wouldn’t go off anything that news Lancs Live reporter says. Earlier this morning he was linking Ainsworth to Reading, even though the vacancy had been filled. 
If, as as reported, Carrick was in for the Lincoln job, why would he not be interested in us?

I remember an interview after his last game as caretaker manager at United where he announced he was leaving the club. He was saying something about needing a break from football at that point (IIRC). I wouldn't be surprised if Lancs Live are just using comments from that.

• Like 1

Lancs Live are just our local version of the Reach (renamed from Trinity Mirror Group) national news network, I doubt there’s much on the ground local news gathering going on, just pooled stories and internet scouring…

35 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He has told somebody I know he's not interested. 

32 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Not strictly true.

He told me he'd prefer QPR a few years ago when we had a chat at our local. Havent asked him since.

But he also said he's dreaming of managing Rovers one day.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

28 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Yeah, but that doesn’t really mean anything at the end of the day. What people say and want/mean are two different things.

Waggott and co have said many things that we all know is b.s

Edited by pomster

26 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not strictly true.

He told me he'd prefer QPR a few years ago when we had a chat at our local. Havent asked him since.

But he also said he's dreaming of managing Rovers one day.

Wasn't he talking about Carrick?

• Like 1

Told at least one managerial candidate being taken around Brockhall today (seen for myself) and understand Carvalhal is one.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

And who did you see?? 

Reception committee on hand at entrance to Academy and car with darkened windows whisked in.

Source very confident Carvalhal was going there today.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Reception committee on hand at entrance to Academy and car with darkened windows whisked in.

Source very confident Carvalhal was going there today.

Don't you mean whiskeyed in. 'We must get him drunk to convince him to take this job'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, renrag said:

Are you sure he wasn’t in the car with the Dyche number plates, which you saw last week?

Might of been, while he was on his way to Barnfield to pick his cheque up 🤣