BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Carvalhal's CV reads like a template for HireA.FootballManager.com. Do we really want here-today gone-tomorrow CarlosManagerball at Ewood? If that's the level we're looking at I'd rather take a punt on the likes of Ainsworth

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Carvalhal's CV reads like a template for HireA.FootballManager.com. Do we really want here-today gone-tomorrow CarlosManagerball at Ewood? If that's the level we're looking at I'd rather take a punt on the likes of Ainsworth

Absolutely, and his penchant for spending big money to achieve nothing in England will probably put him off our job anyway.

Id rather Johnson took over than Carlos the T-shirt salesman.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

ainsworth has other matters on his mind at the moment,namely a play off final,carvalhal did very well at sheff wed,they played some good stuff and arguably he was unlucky not to get them up,unfortunately they gambled everything on getting to the premier league and in the end it nearly saw the club off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Venky’s went back to the HSH well after sacking Coyle, and after Lambert walked, and after sacking Bowyer. Christ, it’s a company run by the same people who gave us Kean and Venky’s a protracted court case! There’s nothing at all in the way Mowbray has left that suggests they won’t do the same again.

What I will say - and I don’t think I’m speaking out of turn - is that I raised this with Steve Waggott. He acknowledged that I was correct when I told him about the previous HSH links over 2 years ago and thanked me for doing so. He said he fully expects to be selecting the manager, and would not entertain agents foisting them on the club as it would be an immediate conflict of interest. 

I highlighted the issues that Mike Cheston had when we got lumbered with Coyle and suggested he might find himself in a similar position. He felt that this happening would make his position untenable.

The most revealing post yet, source also, not the usual fabricated nonsense we get on here. 

Thanks Miller.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Absolutely, and his penchant for spending big money to achieve nothing in England will probably put him off our job anyway.

Id rather Johnson took over than Carlos the T-shirt salesman.

Got Wednesday in the playoffs twice playing some good stuff. Yes he spent money there and it went south eventually but if we are going to give him 2 years to get us up and give him some money to spend then I’m up for the ride. If we’d rather get someone cheaper in like an Ainsworth then fair enough, as long as it’s not the ultra cheap uninspiring option like a Grayson then I’m not bothered! 

• Like 7

No surprises some would rather play it steady and keep things close to home.

If you are a European manager particularly Spanish, Portuguese or Italian you change jobs with regularity. That's just how it goes. Doesn't make you good, bad or indifferent.

I'd welcome a manager that doesn't need to be here and isn't grateful to just collect his cheque and plod on. Someone with clout will want to get to the PL and will go elsewhere if that isn't going to happen.

I couldn't stand another 5 years going nowhere listening to excuse after excuse under a manager just grateful to be here treading water.

Sometimes the foreign route is the way to success. Its not done Huddersfield any harm.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No surprises some would rather play it steady and keep things close to home.

If you are a European manager particularly Spanish, Portuguese or Italian you change jobs with regularity. That's just how it goes. Doesn't make you good, bad or indifferent.

I'd welcome a manager that doesn't need to be here and isn't grateful to just collect his cheque and plod on. Someone with clout will want to get to the PL and will go elsewhere if that isn't going to happen.

I couldn't stand another 5 years going nowhere listening to excuse after excuse under a manager just grateful to be here treading water.

Sometimes the foreign route is the way to success. Its not done Huddersfield any harm.

Corberan and Carvahal are Chalk and Cheese! Not a sentence I thought I’d ever write.

Anyway, the point; my knowledge and experience of Carlos during his Sheffield reign was a underachieving, this directly from Sheffield Wednesday fans, who also pointed out countless dodgy deals, ridiculous contract lengths, pay offs and the steady malaise that followed his reign, ultimately caused of a dodgy foreign owner in chansiri. Sound familiar?

Its got nothing to do with foreign or not, I’d be well happy with Farke, or even someone of Warners ilk - but Carlos, who set it up so Sheffield Wednesday had their shirts made by his own company, is exactly the sort of agent riddled, 19 clubs in 21 years level jobsworth, I would rather not see at our club.

Each to their own of course.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Venky’s went back to the HSH well after sacking Coyle, and after Lambert walked, and after sacking Bowyer. Christ, it’s a company run by the same people who gave us Kean and Venky’s a protracted court case! There’s nothing at all in the way Mowbray has left that suggests they won’t do the same again.

What I will say - and I don’t think I’m speaking out of turn - is that I raised this with Steve Waggott. He acknowledged that I was correct when I told him about the previous HSH links over 2 years ago and thanked me for doing so. He said he fully expects to be selecting the manager, and would not entertain agents foisting them on the club as it would be an immediate conflict of interest. 

I highlighted the issues that Mike Cheston had when we got lumbered with Coyle and suggested he might find himself in a similar position. He felt that this happening would make his position untenable.

It’s good to know that the HSH stable are likely to be overlooked this time. It beggars belief that they kept on going back to what must have been considered the enemy. 

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Corberan and Carvahal are Chalk and Cheese! Not a sentence I thought I’d ever write.

Anyway, the point; my knowledge and experience of Carlos during his Sheffield reign was a underachieving, this directly from Sheffield Wednesday fans, who also pointed out countless dodgy deals, ridiculous contract lengths, pay offs and the steady malaise that followed his reign, ultimately caused of a dodgy foreign owner in chansiri. Sound familiar?

Its got nothing to do with foreign or not, I’d be well happy with Farke, or even someone of Warners ilk - but Carlos, who set it up so Sheffield Wednesday had their shirts made by his own company, is exactly the sort of agent riddled, 19 clubs in 21 years level jobsworth, I would rather not see at our club.

Each to their own of course.

We have Sheff Wednesday season ticket holders in the family, they loved Carlos, still do, but he did fall at the final hurdle. It was clearly a great time to be a Wednesday fan after all the crap that came before and they don't recognise the description you give above JBiz. 

He's way beyond our means, as is Farke in my opinion, we're more Grayson than Carvalhal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Butty said:

And of course pay him what I expect will be a decent salary. Not sure Coyle Mowbray Bowyer or Berg were on anything like he’ll want but let’s hope. 😃

Look at what it cost to pay Berg off then think again.

Vs are generous payers to their managers recommended by the usual lot and of course in return they expect them to run the entire show.

Edited by tomphil

Anyone with players in the right position and plays entertaining football is a win for me. 5 years of absolute dross.

23 hours ago, tomphil said:

Class act Benni Mc but i agree it would be a big risk for both especially given he doesn't know the Championship.

Samba is back here though so that might be a nice double act on the sidelines, they made a good pair around the nightclubs of Manchester as well 😂

👀

IMG_20220516_213116.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I apply nearly every time Rovers are looking for a manager.

In pre Venky days I always got a reply in the post on official Rovers headed paper and signed by Tom Finn, thanking me for my interest but informing me that I didn't have the necessary experience to be considered. I've got 3 or 4 of these letters.

I've applied 3 times since Venky's took over and not received the courtesy of a reply.

Obviously its only a bit of fun but I think it reflects the reality of the club pre and post Venky's. Where there was once a club that cared about its supporters there is now a gaping void.

Venky's out

I would cherish the hell out of those replies, to show my kids, grandkids one day. 🤣 Look, I once I applied to Blackburn manager.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Incredible how there are quite a few people on here who genuinely are optimistic that Venkys learn from their mistakes, have become competent, have become proactive and do genuinely care.

We're going up! 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Incredible how there are quite a few people on here who genuinely are optimistic that Venkys learn from their mistakes, have become competent, have become proactive and do genuinely care.

I do not think they genuinely care or have become competent.

But if you look throughout their reign they have put money in for the squad and then stop put money in and then stop

I know we disagree about it and I do agree with a lot of the points you make about them as iv said previously including the pitch and state of the stadium but up until the pandemic they were putting money in and backing the manager even last season 12 players, yes loans but you add it all together wages and fee it all adds up.All clubs well most tightened their belts when the pandemic hit.The ones who spend have sold a player , parachute payment and are run properly and don't have the dwindling fan base that we have 

And when we came down our parachute payment and whatever else spent was wasted.Players signed on ridiculous contracts and we had to pay most of them off, or they stayed around and put the bibs out. 

It wouldn't surprise me if money was made available and they did have a change of tact and go with a more expensive foreign manager like Carvahal.

At least the club this season have managed to get new contracts sorted for a few without going into their last year so hopefully that is a sign they have took an interest again because as much as we can wish for it they don't look like they are going anywhere

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Shows exactly what a half decent manager can achieve.

Houghton spent £25m on new players at Forest, I bet they helped.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Who is this “Houghton” who I keep reading about on here? 
Is it Bobby Houghton, the former manager of Malmo?

Chris Hughton’s record is good, and certainly compares well matched up against Carvahal.

I’d be happy with either. 

Would still prefer Farke, Ainsworth or (dream on) Dyche.

Mentally preparing for the likes of Grayson.

• Like 1