BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its all gossip and rumours and I personally do not believe that these previous interviews took place nor that our interviewing process is underway. 

I think you have to be very open minded about it all.

In my experience, football is not the only industry where things are seemingly done unethically.

Rovers are hardly likely to come out, at any point in time, and say they were considering / interviewing candidates when a manager was already in situ..

To think clubs act with integrity and honour is one helluva stretch and, IMO, naive - you only need to see what has happened at Watford recently. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think you have to be very open minded about it all.

In my experience, football is not the only industry where things are seemingly done unethically.

Rovers are hardly likely to come out, at any point in time, and say they were considering / interviewing candidates when a manager was already in situ..

To think clubs act with integrity and honour is one helluva stretch and, IMO, naive - you only need to see what has happened at Watford recently. 

I never said that the reason I don't believe these rumours are based on the potentially unethical nature of it.

• Like 1

Not an ITK but Pasha is a weird situation.  Someone who knows him personally has said he has the best interests at heart and is willing to listen to fans..what i dont understand is why hasn’t he communicated…i asked the question and the reply was he did not like the limelight and did not want to go through what the venkys apparently went through.  Hes had a big part to play behind the scenes especially getting the community involved with the tickets scheme etc also is the main man for venkys.  Would be interesting if someone can actually get direct contact with him… and hear his thoughts…if it helps my message of wanting Farke has been passed onto him 😬

• Like 8

We complain quite rightly that owners don't communicate or take a real interest, some of the rare statements put out are clearly put together in Blackburn.

People from the club like Mowbray allude to communication problems for them still, yet in the midst of all this they do actually have a man on the ground. Not only that but one we are told who plays a big part and is the direct line to them, still though things aren't right.

It doesn't add up at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Chris Houghton is nonsense.... why whould they replace Mowbray with an older manager who failed miserably at Forest?

I like Chris Houghton and i rate him as a manager, but i wouldn’t want him here. Rovers is not the place for him, perhaps Forest wasn’t either

46 minutes ago, neophox said:

Chris Houghton is nonsense.... why whould they replace Mowbray with an older manager who failed miserably at Forest?

Look at his overall record as a manager at several clubs. It's very good. Compared to some of the appalling names mentioned, he's a worthy candidate. Even decent managers often fail at one club. 

40 minutes ago, neophox said:

QPR, Rovers and Burnley... only clubs searching for a new manager in Championship and Premier League.

Both Dyche and Farke available....

I could see either ending up at Leeds, especially if they are relegated.

This is what makes our dithering and muddling even more frustrating.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Look at his overall record as a manager at several clubs. It's very good. Compared to some of the appalling names mentioned, he's a worthy candidate. Even decent managers often fail at one club. 

I could see either ending up at Leeds, especially if they are relegated.

This is what makes our dithering and muddling even more frustrating.

I highly doubt that this is the main or only reason for not having already made an appointment, but isn't there a likelihood that someone like Farke might hang on to see who is relegated before committing to a job like Rovers? He may already have been told not to take another job quite yet... 

Sometimes it's easy to think the only barriers to an appointment are created by the owners or their merry men. Might not necessarily be the case. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Obviously its only a bit of fun but I think it reflects the reality of the club pre and post Venky's. Where there was once a club that cared about its supporters there is now a gaping void.

or it's a waste of time and effort for everyone involved....

2 hours ago, pomster said:

I like Chris Houghton and i rate him as a manager, but i wouldn’t want him here. Rovers is not the place for him, perhaps Forest wasn’t either

Me too but his stock has fallen badly since his time at Forest. I don’t know much about what was going on there. Did Cooper transform the club completely or did Hughton lay the foundations ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too but his stock has fallen badly since his time at Forest. I don’t know much about what was going on there. Did Cooper transform the club completely or did Hughton lay the foundations ?

The latter. Cooper is a top, top Manager

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Look guys. We all know it will be a HSH guy. The last 4 have been when there have been much more obvious candidates, so why would anything be different this time? 

Because it's been 5 years and they stopped communicating with Mowbray a Hsh man and let him go.

Glen Mullan who has usually been bang on with his info reckons they won't be going with a Hsh man this time.

Looking at HSH list of managers let's hope he is right

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Look guys. We all know it will be a HSH guy. The last 4 have been when there have been much more obvious candidates, so why would anything be different this time? 

Yes I think the only thing keeping me optimistic that it won't be is that HSH don't have any remotely acceptable options at this time.

That list that people have helpfully put on here recently only has 1-2 names that would be even associated with a Championship job. So they've got their work cut out there in orchestrating that one.

Reading Sharpe's piece this morning, something tells me that Carvalhal's people are using Rovers as a way of getting him a new deal at Braga. He talks about how he stayed at Braga despite having the chance to improve his financial situation. Carvalhal is due to hold talks with the club President shortly and it wouldn't surprise me if he comes out of it with an extended deal. I have little hope in the hierarchy at Rovers being able to bring him or Farke to Rovers, but let's see.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20140647.carlos-carvalhal-hold-braga-talks-amid-blackburn-rovers-link/

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes I think the only thing keeping me optimistic that it won't be is that HSH don't have any remotely acceptable options at this time.

That list that people have helpfully put on here recently only has 1-2 names that would be even associated with a Championship job. So they've got their work cut out there in orchestrating that one.

I hope you are right. That said Coyle was being suggested for the Blackpool job (possibly in league 2 maybe league 1) and even then he was an outsider for that. And who was it who had turned down TM (Northampton?) Neither were really appropriate yet they ended up here. 

On 09/04/2022 at 23:03, Nuttall is lost said:

Billy Davies

Nigel Pearson

Steve Bruce

Brian McDermott

Steve Cotterill

Garry Monk

Gary Rowett

Ian Holloway

Chris Hughton

Ray Harford

Nigel Adkins

Dave Bassett

Only Ted Lasso is missing from that depressing list.