BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

49 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

They sold Matty Cash for £16m and Arvin Appiah for £8 in that time.

Yep.

We sold Armstrong and Raya in the same time, but never reinvested anywhere near what was needed for promotion. 

Edited by Gav

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cooper changed formation and training methods straight away from Hughton. The football under Hughton to Cooper is like chalk and cheese. The fans didn't want Hughton anymore and the fans make their feelings know pretty quick this season. 

I read last week Hughton was staying the Ghana team for the World Cup so I don't see him coming here, 

The first time I saw the “ new “ Forest team play I thought “ this lot are going up “. They looked like a team that gets promotion. Team shape, pattern of play, they had it all.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Forest have spent over £25m on players over the past 3 seasons, I'm sure that helped too!

Yes they pulled a few quid in, but its like selling Armstrong and using the money to improve the team, who would of thought such an approach would reap rewards.......

And who did we sell to fund the Gallagher and Brererton signings?

All clubs since the pandemic have tightened their belts.Up until covid Mowbray had funds to spend 

Some funds should have been made available from the Armstrong sale but it don't help that the manager admitted he had the scope to bring in a forward in January but he believed it wasn't needed 

• Like 1

The biggest shame from all this is that I believe good managers would come here and are interested.

In the case of Carvalhal, it is clear that someone at his end is pushing his name with a view to returning to England.

Yet the impression I get is that Rovers are once again on the back foot and will basically squander any prospect of landing one of these decent managers.

People like Farke and Carvalhal there for the taking and basically inviting interest. Then we've Waggott and Suhail opening envelopes and applications on their desk and wondering what to do.

I suspect Carvalhal will end up at a club in the Middle East on Big money having grown tired of waiting for us to get our act together.

We'll be scraping the barrel pretty soon, which is where the friendly agents come in.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The biggest shame from all this is that I believe good managers would come here and are interested.

In the case of Carvalhal, it is clear that someone at his end is pushing his name with a view to returning to England.

Yet the impression I get is that Rovers are once again on the back foot and will basically squander any prospect of landing one of these decent managers.

People like Farke and Carvalhal there for the taking and basically inviting interest. Then we've Waggott and Suhail opening envelopes and applications on their desk and wondering what to do.

I suspect Carvalhal will end up at a club in the Middle East on Big money having grown tired of waiting for us to get our act together.

We'll be scraping the barrel pretty soon, which is where the friendly agents come in.

Its got all the hallmarks of Simon Grayson/Lee Johnson coming in middle of June, cheap and grateful for getting the job which are the only two boxes venkys care about. Its clear decent managers want this job but they'll get offered other jobs before we even start the process of interviewing. Its clear going through this thread and facebook some really don't get how venkys work Bielsa, Dyche beyond fanciful. Now Carrick is the favourite people are salivating over that, based on what exactly ? the fact they've actually heard of him. Then its the deluded tony brigade wouldn't want Carvahal a man whose career is littered with success and managing in Europe over a man, who was sacked at Celtic, sacked at boro, left Coventry bottom, and was passed over by chesterfield those fans deserve Grayson, or another utter failure like Lee Johnson. Its clear there has been no forward planning 

• Like 2

The odds make me laugh on Skybet:

Michael Appleton - 20/1 (Surely he's not done anything since leaving here to justify another go)

Rob Edwards - 25/1 (Hasn't he just got the Watford job?)

Sam Allardyce - 33/1 (This would seem fairly unlikely)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The odds make me laugh on Skybet:

Michael Appleton - 20/1 (Surely he's not done anything since leaving here to justify another go)

Rob Edwards - 25/1 (Hasn't he just got the Watford job?)

Sam Allardyce - 33/1 (This would seem fairly unlikely)

Odds are irrelevant. It's all about punters taking a chance on bookies. That's what drives the odds

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Its got all the hallmarks of Simon Grayson/Lee Johnson coming in middle of June, cheap and grateful for getting the job which are the only two boxes venkys care about. Its clear decent managers want this job but they'll get offered other jobs before we even start the process of interviewing. Its clear going through this thread and facebook some really don't get how venkys work Bielsa, Dyche beyond fanciful. Now Carrick is the favourite people are salivating over that, based on what exactly ? the fact they've actually heard of him. Then its the deluded tony brigade wouldn't want Carvahal a man whose career is littered with success and managing in Europe over a man, who was sacked at Celtic, sacked at boro, left Coventry bottom, and was passed over by chesterfield those fans deserve Grayson, or another utter failure like Lee Johnson. Its clear there has been no forward planning 

I'm not saying you are wrong but how can you be so sure there has been no forward planning?

Other posters claim they have heard from people we have been talking with managers?

Are QPR or any other club looking at managers giving daily updates on how the process is going?

What was the club statement meant to say "We have held informal talks with a number of managers"..."We have a shortlist" etc.

If the owners are taking a more Pro active role in the selection of a manager like Glen Mullan suggested then local media will know nothing about it.

Like Chaddy has said it's been 5 years since Mowbray appointed and toward the end seemingly the owners cut communication with him so Id say it's more than likely we will be moving away from the HSH stable.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm not saying you are wrong but how can you be so sure there has been no forward planning?

History tells us that the owners have never had a plan, let alone a forward plan. 

Until they prove otherwise, we have to assume thats still the case don't we?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The first time I saw the “ new “ Forest team play I thought “ this lot are going up “. They looked like a team that gets promotion. Team shape, pattern of play, they had it all.

exactly. Cooper did a very good job at Swansea and same Forest were I think he will take them to promotion

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Its got all the hallmarks of Simon Grayson/Lee Johnson coming in middle of June, cheap and grateful for getting the job which are the only two boxes venkys care about. Its clear decent managers want this job but they'll get offered other jobs before we even start the process of interviewing. 

I read yesterday that Grayson is off to a club in India or AFC Wimbledon 

I don't where else Farke or Carvalhal will go in England. 

I still expect an head coach appointment before the end of May 

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Are QPR or any other club looking at managers giving daily updates on how the process is going?

I have read they want MK Dons head coach Liam Manning at QPR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

History tells us that the owners have never had a plan, let alone a forward plan. 

Until they prove otherwise, we have to assume thats still the case don't we?

well considering its been over 5 years since we needed to make a managerial appointment I think we shouldn't assume too much

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly. Cooper did a very good job at Swansea and same Forest were I think he will take them to promotion

I read yesterday that Grayson is off to a club in India or AFC Wimbledon 

I don't where else Farke or Carvalhal will go in England. 

I still expect an head coach appointment before the end of May 

I have read they want MK Dons head coach Liam Manning at QPR

QPR been linked with Sol Campbell as well today, what on earth has he ever done to warrant being considered for that job?

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well considering its been over 5 years since we needed to make a managerial appointment I think we shouldn't assume too much

Oh, i dont know chaddy, the responsibility of the owners is more than just making a managerial appointment

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

QPR been linked with Sol Campbell as well today, what on earth has he ever done to warrant being considered for that job?

Well isn't the Rooney rule? 

According to this article, QPR have interviewed Liam Manning, James Rowberry, Tim Sherwood and Sol Campbell. 

Ex-Arsenal, Tottenham and England defender Sol Campbell a leading contender to become QPR's new manager (talksport.com)

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Personally, I think the talk about Farke and Carvalhal is pie in the sky stuff. Not saying it's made up, there might well be tentative interest, but there's not much chance of this lot making it happen, in my opinion. Being linked with both, the LT mentioning them etc, does give us a bit of hope, does cause a bit of excitement, but deep down we have a fair idea how this is likely to go. We've been hoping for so long that "maybe this time, maybe now they'll get it right" but it has never come.

The owners have shown zero ambition in 12 years. It was only four months ago that they displayed their lack of ambition once again and that leaves me with no optimism regarding the new manager. If fans are excited about who we may get, the process etc, that's fair enough. I'm struggling to get excited about it myself, as much as I want to. I don't believe that it has now suddenly hit the owners that we need to appoint a proper manager.

I also have zero faith in the people doing the recruiting being able to pull off these top appointments. It will be cheap and cheerful again, somebody who will toe the line. A desperado who will jump at the opportunity. It doesn't even have to be somebody connected to a particular agency, just somebody who won't cause them too much bother by demanding funds.

We've had many examples of potential winning opportunities thrown away due to there being no ambition coming from the top. Is it going to change now 12 years in and especially after the January just gone? I will be gobsmacked if it does and will be happy for this post to look silly as a consequence.

Much like how many of us look back on the January window just gone in anger and disbelief, I feel there are going to be a lot of "why the heck did we let Farke and Carvalhal go to such and such a club" posts coming at some point.

It's the way it is under Venky's and always has been. The suits at Ewood try to talk a good game, leak bits out to the LT to get fans' hopes up, make it sound like exciting changes are happening, then disappoint when it comes to the crunch.

• Like 3