BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

18 minutes ago, booth said:

So we wait till July for his contract to expire then he decides he doesn't want to come here. In the meantime any decent out of work managers get snapped up.

That's the usual script isn't it?

Not at all. I would think he would join straight away and his contract would just end there early. 

31 minutes ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

Also apparently there's interest in Canada boss John Herdman from us, them and QPR. It's an interesting idea, but he has no experience at all in the club game. He has some impressive wins but it's such a different game and I think the Championship is too high-level to cut your teeth on.

We've also been linked with the Wycombe and MK Dons bosses. I think the former is a solidly league one manager but Manning from Dons is slightly interesting.

Also I know its a longshot but thoughts on Robbie Neilson?

Where have we linked with Liam Manning? 

Not sure on Neilson. What are his strengths and weaknesses? Why would he be good fit here given his first spell in the EFL was good enough?

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Does someone want to repost the HSH list again so we can remind ourselves who is actually in the running. 

Why? Who says they are use?

42 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Does someone want to repost the HSH list again so we can remind ourselves who is actually in the running. 

It's always the same, we all do it, hope. I'm waiting for the appointment, we will see but it's been these guys for a decade, I don't think it Will change.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where have we linked with Liam Manning? 

Not sure on Neilson. What are his strengths and weaknesses? Why would he be good fit here given his first spell in the EFL was good enough?

Manning's very unlikely at this point, it was initially hearsay but he's linked heavily with QPR.

Neilson got a demoralized, relegated squad to conference league qualification and created a sort of siege mentality but his hoofball could damage the development of our youngsters and is too open with the media.

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

It's always the same, we all do it, hope. I'm waiting for the appointment, we will see but it's been these guys for a decade, I don't think it Will change.

I really hope there is a change. Someone with ambition and desire. Someone who will want to get us out of this league and back into the top flight. 

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Steve Cooper, Mark Robins, Craig Bellamy, Gary Holt, Sami Hyypia, Gregory Vignal, Tony Pulis, Graham Westley, Micky Mellon, Dave Challinor, Dean Keats, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Paul Jewell, Tony Philiskirk and Rob Edwards.

The Venkys have only ever appointed useless managers so for all the talk of farke, dyche, Carvalhal if anyone believes they’ll appoint anyone half decent I’d be prepared for a lot of disappointment.

• Like 6

Unfortunately, I think the Director of Football / Head Coach idea makes it likely we will make two terrible appointments, rather than just the one.

Will also likely rule out any hope of a decent Head Coach, as it will put plenty off.

At a club which knows what it's doing it would be different.

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That's where the last three have come from and Craig Honeymon seems to be suspiciously concerned with what's going on at Rovers recently. 

The last appointment was over 5 years ago in Mowbray

7 hours ago, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

Manning's very unlikely at this point, it was initially hearsay but he's linked heavily with QPR.

No media reports on Manning coming here and they only media reports is linking with QPR. 

54 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Steve Cooper, Mark Robins, Craig Bellamy, Gary Holt, Sami Hyypia, Gregory Vignal, Tony Pulis, Graham Westley, Micky Mellon, Dave Challinor, Dean Keats, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Paul Jewell, Tony Philiskirk and Rob Edwards.

The Venkys have only ever appointed useless managers so for all the talk of farke, dyche, Carvalhal if anyone believes they’ll appoint anyone half decent I’d be prepared for a lot of disappointment.

Steve Cooper is no longer with this agency as I posted before that his agent is CAA Base LTD. 

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Unfortunately, I think the Director of Football / Head Coach idea makes it likely we will make two terrible appointments, rather than just the one.

Will also likely rule out any hope of a decent Head Coach, as it will put plenty off.

At a club which knows what it's doing it would be different.

How can you write it off already before any appointments are made to either role. 

52 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I didn't know Rob Edwards was with them but after his antics last week it doesn't surprise me. He was given a chance in management by Forest Green Rovers and in fairness got them promoted as champions last season. Last week he left them for Watford and didn't even have the courtesy to tell FGR he was even talking to them. And Watford didn't even have permission to talk to him. Undoubtedly he was advised by his agents to take this course of action. The FA should charge him and Watford for their blatant rule breaches.

Steve Cooper is no longer represented by them.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

That list is f*****g depressing. 

A stark reminder of what Venkys are likely to appoint. 

We know the drill, the likes of Farke and Carvalhal are probably pie in the sky stuff because Venkys will just cheap out on the appointment as usual.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s just a muddle because the owners are clueless and there is no-one competent or empowered making the decisions in England.

A huge problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I’m not, Chaddy. 
Think of me as the opposite of yourself.

I know you always want to think positively and be optimistic about the club and the decisions it makes, which is fine.

That is very accurate description of me and a fair one. 

However,  after the last eleven and a half years, and all the evidence within that time, I’m afraid I’m just unable to see it that way.

I’m sure plenty of people feel the same as me.

Believe me, I’m really hoping they surprise me.

Fair enough

If the club knew what it was doing we’d have gone all out for the likes of Farke, (and Webber), 

It’s just a muddle because the owners are clueless and there is no-one competent or empowered making the decisions in England.

I disagree with this, Rovers are following a sensible and logical process for me of interviewing several different candidates and then picking the right candidates. I don't see what is wrong with this process plus Waggott and Pasha are running the search before Venkys sign the person off is what I think is happening here. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That is very accurate description of me and a fair one. 

Fair enough

I disagree with this, Rovers are following a sensible and logical process for me of interviewing several different candidates and then picking the right candidates. I don't see what is wrong with this process plus Waggott and Pasha are running the search before Venkys sign the person off is what I think is happening here. 

Therein lays just one of the problems!

What does Pasha know about english football?

As for Maggot, well, he’s not exactly have a competent is he?

“Wish we had another Mr Fox here”

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

disagree with this, Rovers are following a sensible and logical process for me of interviewing several different candidates and then picking the right candidates. I don't see what is wrong with this process plus Waggott and Pasha are running the search before Venkys sign the person off is what I think is happening here. 

Watford identified who they wanted and went out and got him.

We should know who we want. Even going through an interview process says, “we’re clueless”.

Waggott and Pasha? Oh dear!
Expecting a long, drawn out process, with agents bypassing it and going directly to Venkys, (happened before), and then one or two underwhelming or quite possibly terrible appointments.

As I said, I would love to be wrong.

• Like 1

What does Pasha know about English football?

I know nothing in particular about the bloke but he has been directly involved in the club since when - 2015? 16?

If you dropped me into an industry that I knew nothing about whatsoever I'd like to think that in six years I'd have a fair idea of what's going on, assuming I gave a damn about doing a good job in the first place.

Of course this works both ways - Pasha should have learned the ropes by now so to speak, so we should be expecting him to do a competent job.

edit for clarification - Expecting as in 'After six years you should be doing a good job' not 'I expect he will do a good job' - two different things - I have no idea how much work he's put in or whether he takes the job seriously or anything about him to be honest. I don't think any of us do, we just assume he's useless because he's Venky's.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

Wonder how fit Bellamy is nowadays. 🤔

• Like 2