BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fucking Duncan Ferguson. That's me with a free Saturday next year if it happens. 

😆

in fairness for someone who was such a thug back in the day, he comes across really well in recent interviews, but thats very much it - cant tell what type of manager he would be, cos well, he has no experience... but looking at roy keane, it wouldnt go down well.

this big dunc moment always amuses me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Just imagine for a moment that Wagner was in bed with some heavyweight gambling syndicate and received mega bucks to get Rovers relegated, would that be acceptable behaviour?  Could you distinguish between those two outcomes, no so they amount to the same thing in my book.

The authorities should have been all over it to ensure fairness in every game but as usual, like the Venky's buy out, they did diddly squat.

I love Rovers for many reasons but one of the most important is that I believe we are an honest and fair Lancastrian family oriented  club who've played with a straight bat since we created the football league. Until Venky's took over I've known most of the people who've owned the club and they've all been decent and would never countenance such behaviour, whatever the circumstances or cost.

Many will feel I'm a dinosaur whose day is past but that's how I feel, win fairly or what's the point. Wagner should be nowhere near our club.

I know we are off topic slightly but I don't understand your first paragraph. The question I always asked here is did Wagner act in the interest of helping Huddersfield achieve their best outcome that season? The answer is undoubtably yes.

They had just played 4 games in 11 days and had got enough points to secure their play-off position. Why risk asking your team to play a 5th game in 15 days when all modern medical teams will tell you it comes with increased risks of injury to your players?

I was frustrated at the time, but I can now accept that Wagner did the right thing for his squad of players and his club. 

• Like 2

I would prefer one of the big 3 farke, carvalho or dyche but I know I ain’t getting that. I’m pretty sure we won’t pay compensation for someone of calibre in work. Looking at the other options Ferguson appears the best of the rest. I feel physically sick at the thought of some of those names on the list of possibles

35 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

When Woodgate gets the job we'll look back at 'Fergusongate' and think.. actually, that would have been nice 

I wouldn't be paying attention to the results if Woodgate got the job.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I would prefer one of the big 3 farke, carvalho or dyche but I know I ain’t getting that. I’m pretty sure we won’t pay compensation for someone of calibre in work. Looking at the other options Ferguson appears the best of the rest. I feel physically sick at the thought of some of those names on the list of possibles

In no conceivable way is Ferguson the best of the rest. He has no bloody experience!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Had a quick scour of Everton message boards to see what they think of Ferguson.

General feeling is that he's a bit of a spare part that needs to move on. One poster wonders if Ferguson's skills go beyond putting down cones. Another suggests a culture of a "job for life" at the club.

On the latter point, it turns out that Ferguson has been working on a coaching level at Everton since David Moyes was there. That's a long time to be lingering around.

no one dares ask him to leave... i can just imagine he'd need to be approached for something else for him to move on, Frank and his team must be getting excited over this one.

• Like 1

Whether Duncan has or hasn't the main theme to this is Everton look like they finally want him moving on.

So he hasn't been sourced by our lot he's being pushed by another lot.

Avoid.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tricky said:

no one dares ask him to leave... i can just imagine he'd need to be approached for something else for him to move on, Frank and his team must be getting excited over this one.

Ancellotti asked him to go to Madrid with him 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

It's almost as if absolutely no one has any idea what's going on. Imagine that with Venkys in charge 

Surely that's a good thing?

It seems no-one in the media can get a sniff of the inner workings around the manager search - quite right it should be that way.

This also seems to be the case in the last two transfer windows with signings being kept relatively behind-the-scenes.