BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

The last time we appointed a Blackpool manager of Little experience it didn't work out too well. We need someone who has promotions from the championship on their cv. Getting out this league is the be all and end all

That doesn't mean that if we made a similar appointment from Blackpool this time, the result would be the same. Lack of logic there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

They have a trusted circle not agent related, i won't elaborate anymore on that, I probably say more than I should as it is, and dont want to break trust lines

So you don't like it when people spread "We know something you don't know type gossip" but you don't mind doing it when it's your own!

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt make sense that Venkys are interviewing people then passing them back down to those on the ground, whilst allowing them to interview others themselves. Seems illogical and inefficient even for owners as bad as ours.

Its not unusual at rovers, its how Appleton was appointed

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

They have a trusted circle not agent related, i won't elaborate anymore on that, I probably say more than I should as it is, and dont want to break trust lines

Bout time they just officially appointed you as a 'fan liason manager' or something along those lines, if that's something that would interest you! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Bout time they just officially appointed you as a 'fan liason manager' or something along those lines, if that's something that would interest you! 

I've no interest in working in football, at rovers or anywhere else.

I've done my time in the supporter groups and enjoy the freedom of being allowed my own opinion, and being able to say what im thinking rather than having to bite my tongue.

• Like 3

On 26/05/2022 at 01:35, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Carlos Carvalhal will be our head coach(from reports) and I would be delighted by that news. He is good coach who is tactically aware, bring through youth and knows this league. He is the kind of appointment that could take us to PL. He will need some sort of financial support backing to take us there but it's a very exciting appointment.

Carlos Carvalhal's Blue and White Army 🔵

Do Al Wahda play in Blue and White? Reports suggesting Carvalhal is taking over there on a one year deal. Sorry to bring this post back up Chadster but I did say it could bite you in the arse. At least you can go back to your original pick for the job which was Farke. 😉 We all need to pray Farke gets the gig now as the rest of the names linked are absolute shite. David Unsworth and Duncan Ferguson? As Roy Keane would say, Do me a favour! 

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The new dawn if it happens has zero to do with anything which has been said on here previously.

This new dawn we've all been waiting for has not materialised.

The fact that talks with Farke occurred before Ewood got a sniff, points to a massive change in direction, which have certainly not materialised with Swaggott at the wheel, 

All the things we've been reading on here are the lip service from the corridors of ewood?

If and its a big if, there is a boardroom clear out, do you think this was what was promised, given those who have religiously preached this on here have zero direct contact with the owners.

If they did, then we'd be applauding onto the pitch Wenger and Dein would we not?

I'd be delighted with Farke as the new manager, which i've already commented to both Bala and Amit.

He is exactly the type of appointment which would be recieved very well by the majority.

I'm like anyone else on here, I want a well run club, run by football people, with the clubs best interest at heart.

I love our club, probably too much, but any good news is great news

You're obviously trying to belittle the efforts of various people who have taken the trouble to contact the Club to discuss matters here and I think you're being extremely unfair.

There's a genuine will and desire on all sides to edge the Club in the right direction and whilst I personally don't thing think things are motoring on at the pace 1864 would have you believe, everyone is acting in good faith and  it may just be that the discussions and advice are permeating through the consciousness of one or two people in authority.

I'd have to reiterate again, Mowbray gone, Venus gone, Park gone (probably) - if there's a really good managerial appointment along the lines of Farke and he's allowed to bring in his own staff, I'd regard that as massive progress personally.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're obviously trying to belittle the efforts of various people who have taken the trouble to contact the Club to discuss matters here and I think you're being extremely unfair.

There's a genuine will and desire on all sides to edge the Club in the right direction and whilst I personally don't thing think things are motoring on at the pace 1864 would have you believe, everyone is acting in good faith and  it may just be that the discussions and advice are permeating through the consciousness of one or two people in authority.

I'd have to reiterate again, Mowbray gone, Venus gone, Park gone (probably) - if there's a really good managerial appointment along the lines of Farke and he's allowed to bring in his own staff, I'd regard that as massive progress personally.

I think every rovers fan would see that as huge progress but it’s the biggest “if” in football! 

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I'd be delighted with Farke as the new manager, which i've already commented to both Bala and Amit.

He is exactly the type of appointment which would be recieved very well by the majority.

So how did the owners receive this ringing endorsement? It's a bit like Ancelotti ringing up to promote the claims of big Dunc really isn't it!

2nd para, completely agree and kudos to you if it comes off as established journalists pooh poohed it from the off.

42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have zero issue with anyone putting their time and effort to try and communicate with the club.

Many have gone down this route, only to leave very disappointed when they've genuinely believed there has been progress.

Genuine question, do you know how many times the board at Ewood have promised to set up a meeting with certain supporters and even indicated its going to happen? I know of five.

Do you recall the Pune 9, and how angry they were that they'd been set up in india?

My issue, is the mandate of such discussions as nothing has been forthcoming everytime either I or others have asked. All i've had is they believe they are wiser and have greater contacts.

What is the long term goal?

If a meeting with the Rao's occurred, what is the message, what do they want to achieve and why?

Who do they represent, as its going to be a burning question of the Raos?

Who of any any real substance, is supporting the movement, remembering the class culture which the Raos are part of?

I will give 1864 his dues, he at least post what he believes and is clear, he represents himself and no-one else. He has stuck his head above the parapet, and i know only too well what grief comes with that.

Its a case of "put up, or shut up"

Your last paragraph I totally agree with providing we do indeed appoint a manager of Farkes Ilk, and a board who can actually run the club like a normal club, with the correct values, and its heritage at the forefront always.

Finally the motto of the below, which incidentally club employees use quite often on social media, is very much the message I remind myself daily.

Incidentally one of the clubs largest sponsors designed this badge, who cant even get an audience with the owners, despite him being one of their biggest financial backers in terms of money he puts into the club through sponsorship.

FB_IMG_1653956095484.jpg

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I have zero issue with anyone putting their time and effort to try and communicate with the club.

Many have gone down this route, only to leave very disappointed when they've genuinely believed there has been progress.

Genuine question, do you know how many times the board at Ewood have promised to set up a meeting with certain supporters and even indicated its going to happen? I know of five.

Do you recall the Pune 9, and how angry they were that they'd been set up in india?

My issue, is the mandate of such discussions as nothing has been forthcoming everytime either I or others have asked. All i've had is they believe they are wiser and have greater contacts.

What is the long term goal?

If a meeting with the Rao's occurred, what is the message, what do they want to achieve and why?

Who do they represent, as its going to be a burning question of the Raos?

Who of any any real substance, is supporting the movement, remembering the class culture which the Raos are part of?

I will give 1864 his dues, he at least post what he believes and is clear, he represents himself and no-one else. He has stuck his head above the parapet, and i know only too well what grief comes with that.

Its a case of "put up, or shut up"

Your last paragraph I totally agree with providing we do indeed appoint a manager of Farkes Ilk, and a board who can actually run the club like a normal club, with the correct values, and its heritage at the forefront always

Hi Glen are you confident about the new season? If Farke comes as you have predicted, do you think that he can do for Rovers what he did for Norwich? By that I mean get us promoted and playing exciting football.

How high do rate the chance of Waggot etc Pulling off the signing of Farke and his back room staff?

• Backroom

Enough of this manager talk, back to the topic at hand, forum ads 

I’m over in Orlando at the moment and just checking in on how things have moved on in the last couple of weeks and get greeted by this monstrosity that takes up silly amounts of screen real estate - plus hasn’t Bernie been dead a good decade?

https://ibb.co/JcbZ4kY

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

If I refresh the page, it just pops back up immediately on the new page. It also slows down the scrolling considerably for me. Very irritating and I've just closed the site for a few hours a few times due to it.

I use Ghostery browser. No issues.

Whoever gets the gig will certainly have their hands full and first thing on the agenda must be to sort out the futures of Brereton, Lenihan and Nyambe. I think they would all relish playing under Farke. 

If those three are staying we have a solid foundation for the coming season, if not then I agree with Glen that it will take a season of building before mounting a serious promotion challenge. Knowing how long deals take to sanction, and the wages we offer, it’s not exactly a quick build. 

Glen, who decided the DoF/manager model? Are Venky’s and Waggott both on the same page in that department?

47 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Whoever gets the gig will certainly have their hands full and first thing on the agenda must be to sort out the futures of Brereton, Lenihan and Nyambe.

Isn't that the job of the DOF, if we get one

30 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Isn't that the job of the DOF, if we get one

Yeah, but if rumours are to be believed then Lenihan is waiting to see who is appointed and hopefully Nyambe can be swayed too. No need for a DoF here as the work is already in progress. Breo is a much bigger decision but I’m guessing the coach will want to have his say…

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Whoever gets the gig will certainly have their hands full and first thing on the agenda must be to sort out the futures of Brereton, Lenihan and Nyambe. I think they would all relish playing under Farke. 

If those three are staying we have a solid foundation for the coming season, if not then I agree with Glen that it will take a season of building before mounting a serious promotion challenge. Knowing how long deals take to sanction, and the wages we offer, it’s not exactly a quick build. 

Glen, who decided the DoF/manager model? Are Venky’s and Waggott both on the same page in that department?

I dont know is the honest answer

• Like 1

So starting to look like it is Farke or bust for me.

Sounds like Carvalhal has decided to go to the UAE for a year so we've missed the boat there whether through our own decision making or him getting fed up of waiting.

None of the other names in the betting come close to Farke or Carvalhal. There are a few small but intriguing names the rest are nothing short of abysmal.

I just hope they have a plan here because I'm getting a feeling of deja vu and expect some horrendous name to get the job just before pre season starts.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Yeah, but if rumours are to be believed then Lenihan is waiting to see who is appointed and hopefully Nyambe can be swayed too. No need for a DoF here as the work is already in progress. Breo is a much bigger decision but I’m guessing the coach will want to have his say…

I'm not so sure I believe those rumours to be honest. 

There's an argument both were waiting to see what league we were in, and/or if they got any better offers from elsewhere. As far as we know there hasn't been much talk of offers coming to fruition.

Unless Mowbray is a bare faced liar (possible tbf) he had a good relationship with both, not so sure on Rothwell as he seemed to like having sly digs at him, plus I think he definitely wanted out himself.