BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/duncan-ferguson-everton-24107540?fbclid=IwAR1OVvGNiPgakcGE3hsLcThdzgbZivddZHMDHmTclf6OebxYJUD0LliibhI

Ferguson confirming that there's been no contact, never mind an interview.

Despite some quarters claiming that he was about to take over.

Just goes to show that none of us know what's actually going on...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Part of an LT headline sums it all up: "Rovers uncertainty rumbles on". The speed of the operations on decisions like this is a running joke.

I don't think I could bear thinking about next season if Burnley appoint Kompany, and we've got Jonathan Woodgate.

Please, Rovers... Speed up the process and pay up for the right man. Everything about this club is just so painstaking. Venkys need to give somebody here autonomy, but they'll never do it. They got stung by shysters before, but to go in the complete opposite direction is the wrong way to go about it. Just employ a chairman you trust and leave it to him/her to make quick and sensible decisions like any other normal club does. 😩

As far as I know with Burnley it's a done deal shame wecannot move as fast

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I’d love to know what the general feeling is on fans with my unofficial game, titled “Tony or…” 

Current top 5 on SkyBet is…

Tony or Duncan Ferguson? 
Tony or Farke? 
Tony or Ainsworth? 

Tony or Carvahal? 
Tony or Manning? 
Tony or Carrick?

Tony or Warne? 

In chronological order:

Significant improvement

Massive improvement

Massive improvement

Massive improvement

Significant  improvement

Marginal improvement

Marginal improvement

• Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

We've been in the champagne lounge and failed.

Moved onto the dance floor ,no joy.

Now we're down in the basement trying to pull whatever we can.

More like the kebab house. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We've been in the champagne lounge and failed.

Moved onto the dance floor ,no joy.

Now we're down in the basement trying to pull whatever we can.

As predicted it's the same sorry approach they've done with players.

A list - never happening but we'll window dress anyway.

B list - some tired of waiting so moved on, others still belong to clubs and we were never ever going there either.

C list - roll up roll up, first one to pitch themselves at the right price the job is yours.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This guy with a large Twitter following who works within football (incidentally he broke the Mowbray had left news) appears to have followed us only since then but has already identified our shambolic approach:

Not sure if I agree on the Sporting Director bit but if Bayes is right we just seem to be conducting innumerable rounds of interviews and getting nowhere. 

Hindsight will probably tell us after the event if it was the case but I wonder if it is a requirement of the role that the new man has to take on the existing coaching staff and this has caused the better candidates to drop like flies?

Guess we'll know soon if the new man comes in and Pongo Lowe somehow survives the cull (yet again).

The quotes from Farke and reports from Germany do suggest he has a better offer on the table. I don't think Rich Sharpe really has a clue though. Especially if Farke has come into the frame via a different avenue as Glen suggested. 

It would be classic Venkys though to have identified their man and not put their full weight behind bringing him in. They do need to realise that a manager is one place you can't scrimp. Vision and budgets are important. But if you're looking to save 500k then the manager isn't the place to do it. 

It's been mentioned too. Surely DoF should come in first. We will have to hope that whoever does come in as a DoF is completely independent from the manager. Otherwise we'll have another Mowbray - Waggot situation. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, 

Oh dear.

The fishing rod has well and truly snapped.

The longer this goes on I fear it won't be a Dyche or Farke like appointment and you will have something else genuine to complain about though unfortunately.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if I agree on the Sporting Director bit but if Bayes is right we just seem to be conducting innumerable rounds of interviews and getting nowhere. 

Hindsight will probably tell us after the event if it was the case but I wonder if it is a requirement of the role that the new man has to take on the existing coaching staff and this has caused the better candidates to drop like flies?

Guess we'll know soon if the new man comes in and Pongo Lowe somehow survives the cull (yet again).

I really don't understand multiple interviews. A mangers entire cv is so easy for any average Joe to research. Then anybody who works inside football shouldn't find it remotely difficult to ask a few people who have worked with them in the past for references. 

Then the manager comes in. Its about feel, vision, priorities. I'm certain I'd be able to conduct interviews with managers and make the best pick in a single interview. With zero prep. Let alone the amount of prep which Waggot et al should be doing. 

The big question for me if I were a manager interviewing for the Rovers job would be; what on earth are they going to ask me second time round, that they couldn't have asked me initially. It's amateur hour. I'm out. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

The quotes from Farke and reports from Germany do suggest he has a better offer on the table. I don't think Rich Sharpe really has a clue though. Especially if Farke has come into the frame via a different avenue as Glen suggested. 

It would be classic Venkys though to have identified their man and not put their full weight behind bringing him in. They do need to realise that a manager is one place you can't scrimp. Vision and budgets are important. But if you're looking to save 500k then the manager isn't the place to do it. 

It's been mentioned too. Surely DoF should come in first. We will have to hope that whoever does come in as a DoF is completely independent from the manager. Otherwise we'll have another Mowbray - Waggot situation. 

Glad it’s not just me who thinks so! To me, it illustrates that between them, Venkys, Waggott and Pasha don’t have a clue what a DOF / Head Coach structure actually is.

It’s painful and embarrassing  to watch this unfold.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

you will have something else genuine to complain about though unfortunately.

If you’ve not found anything genuine to complain about over the past 11yrs you’ve probably been in a coma.

• Like 3

The problem from the start of this is ownership of the club. No matter who is interviewed, probably too many, they will look back to see how the owners treat/communicate with Rovers Management Team - and that covers a wide range of issues - and see a massive problem.

Both Farke & Carvalhal have been interviewed but it would appear they are no longer in the picture. Did both come up with the same thinking as Warnock when he was interviewed?? Venkys ways haven't changed. If as Andy Bayes says no more talks until after bank holidays, then adding weekend that's next Monday 6th June. Could 6th June as suggested by glen be correct??

It's a wait & see game but June could be a very long month.

22 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I really don't understand multiple interviews. A mangers entire cv is so easy for any average Joe to research. Then anybody who works inside football shouldn't find it remotely difficult to ask a few people who have worked with them in the past for references. 

Then the manager comes in. Its about feel, vision, priorities. I'm certain I'd be able to conduct interviews with managers and make the best pick in a single interview. With zero prep. Let alone the amount of prep which Waggot et al should be doing. 

The big question for me if I were a manager interviewing for the Rovers job would be; what on earth are they going to ask me second time round, that they couldn't have asked me initially. It's amateur hour. I'm out. 

You’re looking down the wrong end of the telescope. The Chokers don’t do normal procedures.  Their interview process is deliberately set up to eliminate all the good candidates until we’re left with the charlatan they want.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

The problem from the start of this is ownership of the club. No matter who is interviewed, probably too many, they will look back to see how the owners treat/communicate with Rovers Management Team - and that covers a wide range of issues - and see a massive problem.

Both Farke & Carvalhal have been interviewed but it would appear they are no longer in the picture. Did both come up with the same thinking as Warnock when he was interviewed?? Venkys ways haven't changed. If as Andy Bayes says no more talks until after bank holidays, then adding weekend that's next Monday 6th June. Could 6th June as suggested by glen be correct??

It's a wait & see game but June could be a very long month.

I'd believe Brain Clough and Sir Alf Ramsey have been interviewed before i'll believe those 2 have had genuine talks.

It's all bollocks they've used us to flush out other better interest and we've used their names for a bit of publicity.  Shame on the reporters alluding to these mythical talks without providing anything whatsoever to back it up.

Beale to be confirmed as QPR manager on Wednesday apparently.

I'd have to say I wouldn't be happy with that before a ball is kicked but at least they've come to a decision and landed their preferred choice (unlike us).

Risky appointment imo, could be a stroke of absolute genius or a near disaster. I'd rather we didn't go down a similar route with someone like Carrick.

• Like 2