BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

13 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

A name that doesn't seem to have come up yet but is out of work. Jokanovic. Bit concerning that he was sacked by Sheff United most recently but he's got a decent record. 

BINGO

A complete card of out of work managers for the BRFCS message board. 

Just now, rover23 said:

BINGO

A complete card of out of work managers for the BRFCS message board. 

To be fair, he has been a name considered by people at the club before I think. 

55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

More recent than Pardew

Pardew just finished second in the league and got a cup final, whats McCarthys premier league record like? to be fair his championship one is mainly rubbish as well apart one half a good season at ipswich, That being said i'd hope we could aim a bit higher

Edited by PeteJD13

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Nobody because we all knew you should be the stand out candidate.

I didn’t think you’d respond any other way sadly not my remit my skills are ensuring people get a one way ticket to pokey😅😅😅😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Pardew just finished second in the league and got a cup final, whats McCarthys premier league record like? to be fair his championship one is mainly rubbish as well apart one half a good season at ipswich, That being said i'd hope we could aim a bit higher

Won the Championship twice, no?

His time has passed, but doing the fella a disservice there…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Ouch that must have hit a raw bone😅😅

How? Considering I haven’t tipped or suggested a single person for the job. Just like how I never called for TM to go, it’s Venky World, normal ways of doing things don’t exist there, so what will be will be.

You need to grow up and learn how to actually have an adult discussion… another example in the post below.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Pardew is one of the more depressing names I have read so far, not least because he would be on par with Nathan Jones as the biggest knobhead in the league and perhaps the country as a manager, because its all about results. 

But his recent CV does not suggest that he would be a good appointment, and is generally a massive mixture of doing a decent job at a couple of places mainly a long time ago and also littered with a few failures.

You can't possibly know that. The lack of speed and proactivity going into the process considering that the owners seemingly knew months ago that Mowbray wasn't staying yet didn't bother to put a succession plan in place, plus even then, the second round of interviews, the additions to shortlists, its all painstaking, so its understandably been met with criticism heaped upon a lack of faith in the owners and the executives already.

Surely that can't have helped his decision when he had a guaranteed job lined up, we don't know if he made the second round of interviews, he may have been fed up at the waiting, he was mulling over a 1 in 3 or 4 chance here perhaps v a guaranteed one elsewhere, he felt messed around, there is plenty of potential additional reasons that led him to go abroad.

And yes I am sure money played a part, and Venkys seemingly will never appreciate the importance of allocating a decent budget on a manager. Why do you seemingly see going to a better paid job as a slight on his personality, wouldn't you?

What do you get from the messageboard, a place whereby people share and debate their opinions on Rovers, if you look down upon posters as wannabee managers who should have applied for the job if they have the sheer arrogance to share those opinions.

Your last sentence😅

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Won the Championship twice, no?

His time has passed, but doing the fella a disservice there…

thats my point how long are we going back Wolves in 2008, he's not done much of note since really ipswich stagnated, he got sacked at Cardiff, maybe 2006 McCarthy

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

thats my point how long are we going back Wolves in 2008, he's not done much of note since really ipswich stagnated, he got sacked at Cardiff, maybe 2006 McCarthy

Sorry thought your point was he’s never done anything outside Ipswich. Obviously not the case.

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How? Considering I haven’t tipped or suggested a single person for the job. Just like how I never called for TM to go, it’s Venky World, normal ways of doing things don’t exist there, so what will be will be.

You need to grow up and learn how to actually have an adult discussion… another example in the post below.

The question is Matty, at this rate, will you be calling him back? 😉

McCarthy finished 14th at Ipswich in his first season, having taken over in the relegation zone in November. He then finished 9th, 6th and 16th, it did go stagnant in the end but he was working on a miniscule budget, if I remember rightly the only fee he paid in the first 3 years or so was 10k for Tyrone Mings (I think) so he was working with miniscule resources.

I don't want him here but he did a good job at Ipswich and they have only gone downhill since.

I don't think Pardew's time at CSKA Sofia warrants much analysis to be honest. seems like he was only appointed on the 15th April. They have played 5 league games of which he won 1, lost 1 by 5 goals to nil and drew the other 3, lost a second leg of a semi final 2-0 but went through on penalties and then lost the final of the same cup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

So you just dismiss the rest of his managerial career after one job where it didn't really work? Sometimes a good manager can simply be a poor fit for a club. 

I wasn’t dismissing him I was just pointing out the fact. Farke was also sacked. I would take either one myself. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

The point I was making was that McCarthy is considered yesterday's man, yet it is 6 years since Pardew did anything of decent quality in football at Palace in the Prem. McCarthy in that time has overachieved with Ipswich, did well with Ireland and initially well with Cardiff before the wheels fell off.

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting McCarthy should get it, just that if we are considering the likes of Pardew then it would be easier, cheaper and probably safer to go with someone like him who at least has done something in this division in recent times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The point I was making was that McCarthy is considered yesterday's man, yet it is 6 years since Pardew did anything of decent quality in football at Palace in the Prem. McCarthy in that time has overachieved with Ipswich, did well with Ireland and initially well with Cardiff before the wheels fell off.

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting McCarthy should get it, just that if we are considering the likes of Pardew then it would be easier, cheaper and probably safer to go with someone like him who at least has done something in this division in recent times.

we don't even know if he is in the running, whilst not being the most inspiring he would be better than Ferguson, Unsworth etc.  I would be very surprised if he is in the running, especially if the club have already whittled the list down

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What I will say is TM papered over massive structural problems at this club.

Bang average manager, but an experienced, steady hand that though would never particularly achieve anything outside treading water in the second division, was a fulcrum for the club and he kept the show on the road, and it masked the third rate, unprofessional people running the club.

Now he’s gone it’s brought home that when it comes to the big ticket stuff the club hasn’t changed one iota on the football side (or commercial either looking at the ST debacle) since the Lambert departure/Coyle appointment summer.

We all know what the common denominator is…

Amen.

7 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

See, I get a bit weary of this. 

For all that Mowbray choked in the home straight and a parting of the ways was correct so that hopefully someone new could come in and take us further, you also can't argue that according to last seasons football league pyramid we ended up the 28th best team in the country which, given pre-season message board belief that relegation was coming, means we out performed expectations (I know as well as anyone we could and should have got in the play offs so no need for anyone to open that can of worms again).

Mowbray has many faults and was ultimately too limited and found wanting but your comments above do seem a little hyperbolic. Now Kean, Coyle etc. are an entirely different argument...  

Now come on Venky's - surprise us with a new manager we can all get behind and look to the future with optimism.

Not trying to be hyperbole whatsoever. Imo we have solely appointed poor managers like TM. We have also appointed people who don't even deserve the moniker of manager and are far worse than poor! Kean wasn't a poor managerial appointment he was corruption and incompetence personified. 

But to not have had a single manager under them get us into the championship playoffs - that shows what a bad lot we have had since day 1 of them rocking up. 

Like you I would love to be surprised but the record so far is pretty dire. 

• Like 1