BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In answer to both you and Miller no mental gymnastics at all. If we end up with a dire appointment then ultimately blame lies at the owners feet as it's their name over the door.

Not having it that it's nothing to do with Waggott however. He's the one who selects candidates for interview, narrows it down to shortlists (or extends it to long lists) and makes recommendations to the owners.

Would the owners actually veto a really strong recommendation from him of someone he assured them was the outstanding candidate? I've absolutely no idea but it seems a fairly popular view on here that the owners are so disinterested that they have no idea at all what's happening down at Ewood. If that were the case, would they be invested enough to veto said strong recommendation?

Not saying you're guilty of this personally but people can't have the argument both ways, you can't say 99 9% of the time that they're not even aware we've played on any given day etc, then when something really bad happens pin the blame 100% on them and absolve those on the ground at Ewood of any responsibility.

You've omitted Pasha from your reply. Apparently he is the one who makes the decisions and is, by extension a Venky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In answer to both you and Miller no mental gymnastics at all. If we end up with a dire appointment then ultimately blame lies at the owners feet as it's their name over the door.

Not having it that it's nothing to do with Waggott however. He's the one who selects candidates for interview, narrows it down to shortlists (or extends it to long lists) and makes recommendations to the owners.

Not saying you're guilty of this personally but people can't have the argument both ways, you can't say 99 9% of the time that they're not even aware we've played on any given day etc, then when something really bad happens pin the blame 100% on them and absolve those on the ground at Ewood of any responsibility.

Waggott didn't have the power to sack Mowbray, or renew his contract or even tell him the contract wouldn't be renewed, now he's the main man pulling all the strings?

Give over Simon, if it doesn't make sense, its probably not true......

Edited by Gav

Christ this topic is depressing. Any half decent manager is a no go. Only failures or novices are our real options. I honestly think it would be easier to get the guns from the yanks than get a good manager here. 
I’m actually praying for ainsworth to come save us!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

Since the start of 2016, Pardew's collective managerial record at Crystal Palace, West Brom, ADO Den Haag, and CSKA Sofia is 11-17-42.

A 15.7% win record and 0.71 points/game, which translates to 33 points in a 46 game Championship season...

I’m genuinely gobsmacked why any Rovers fan would consider Pardew as anything other than a Kean-level disaster.

Horrible man, horrendous manager.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I’m genuinely gobsmacked why any Rovers fan would consider Pardew as anything other than a Kean-level disaster.

We complained about old boring Mowbray, but fans want Pardew 🤣

38 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You've omitted Pasha from your reply. Apparently he is the one who makes the decisions and is, by extension a Venky.

I'm not convinced that he's any more than a conduit tbh. Eyes and ears on the ground, former driver apparently.

If I'm wrong on that, I apologise.

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not convinced he's an actual option but hypothetically if it happened, completely agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

They are not organised enough for window dressing. Window dressing would also imply they gave a shit what people think of them - they don’t. 

There’s no secret plan, no secret strategy, no hidden nefarious intent, they really are just useless. Just completely and utterly useless.

They inherited some chicken farms, a lot of land and a hell of a lot of money. That doesn’t make them business people. 

They’ve owned a football club for over ten years. It doesn’t mean they’ve learned anything, absolutely anything, about running a football club. 

We’ve seen them interviewed - yes they really are completely stupid, totally dysfunctional, quarrelling siblings. Proper, bona fida, thick as two short planks, super dumb, very, very rich and over-privileged idiots. That is all there is to see here - incompetence, disinterest and idiocy, 

However, we still have one hope with the managerial appointment - luck! 

It wouldn't be them doing the window dressing though it's just agents, press, representatives of both club and managers chucking each others names around.

Likes of Nixon and others then throw these names around but offer nothing at all to back it up. If you question them they revert to 'can't betray my sauces' but that's nonsense because you've already made it public anyway.

There's nothing secret about it when the names have been banded around for weeks/months.  All it needs is 'talks took place over the weekend between x and y at a hotel in w' type thing. 

No though they can't even offer that because 90% of the time it probably didn't happen and was never going to. Just and agent contacting another agent and it gets passed to the press, betting markets go crazy, bookies make money, papers get sold, online gets clicks.

Meanwhile the ONLY people who really know say nothing because there's nothing to say.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

• Backroom
6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey, Mike really?

I'd see him as being as close to a clone of Mowbray as you could get tbh.

Arrogant and obnoxious, thick skinned, history of good runs followed by worse death spirals and no particular success to speak for 7 years.

I'm not going to refer to him as a "candidate" as I'm hoping him leaving his last job and our managerial vacancy are two mutually exclusive events which have just coincided at the same time.

Worst name mentioned bar none so far for me though.

He's a PL version of Mowbray. That's a big step up in quality in itself.

Not saying I want him, just don't think it's anywhere near as bad as others think.

34 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

Christ this topic is depressing. Any half decent manager is a no go. Only failures or novices are our real options. I honestly think it would be easier to get the guns from the yanks than get a good manager here. 
I’m actually praying for ainsworth to come save us!

Ainsworth would actually be a bloody good option imo.

Behind only Dyche and Farke in the pecking order for me.

Critchley would also be good I would have been OK (ish) with Carvahal, no-one else mentioned so far really floats my boat, their only asset being they're not Mowbray.

(Pardew apart who would be Mowbray Mark 2)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It wouldn't be them doing the window dressing though it's just agents, press, representatives of both club and managers chucking each others names around.

Likes of Nixon and others then throw these names around but offer nothing at all to back it up. If you question them they revert to 'can't betray my sauces' but that's nonsense because you've already made it public anyway.

There's nothing secret about it when the names have been banded around for weeks/months.  All it needs is 'talks took place over the weekend between x and y at a hotel in w' type thing. 

No though they can't even offer that because 90% of the time it probably didn't happen and was never going to. Just and agent contacting another agent and it gets passed to the press, betting markets go crazy, bookies make money, papers get sold, online gets clicks.

Meanwhile the ONLY people who really know say nothing because there's nothing to say.

Nailed it.

The best thing to do would be to sit in a dark room with no access to the internet and only come out once the clown has been employed. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ainsworth would actually be a bloody good option imo.

Behind only Dyche and Farke in the pecking order for me.

Critchley would also be good I would have been OK (ish) with Carvahal, no-one else mentioned so far really floats my boat, their only asset being they're not Mowbray.

(Pardew apart who would be Mowbray Mark 2)

I think our last hope of anyone decent being employed is probably Critchley or Ainsworth. Neither of them are established enough to demand more than what they'll get from Venkys as owners.. well not to start with anyway, give it a few months and they could quite easily fuck it off. 

• Like 2

This is totally like death by a thousand cuts!
If they are going to hire some utter waste a space (which unfortunately all signs of history and competence tells they will) you would nearly wish that they would come out and just get it signed so we can all come to terms with it.

Its the horrible dangling of a carrot of Carvahal and then Farke which is just torturous. We have now moved on from those and the latest carrot is now Ainsworth, which soon will be eventually overlooked for some cretin who hasnt worked in 10 years and appointed solely on the basis of being a yes man.

• Like 2

Critchley is under contract to 2026, so considering they were never going to sack TM as they weren’t for paying him any compo, and they won’t even remove bloody Lowe and Benson, they will now sort out a four year compo payment to another club? Highly doubtful!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Now the big hitters are moving on I think I'd much prefer to go for the young up an coming manager than the more experienced yet hasn't done anything for 5+ years manager who will most likely appoint now. 

I'd accept Ainsworth but I'm quite intrigued by Manning at Mk Don's.

If we end up with Pardew I might try to get a refund on my season ticket and go match by match.

• Like 3

Could do worse IMO, than going for Evatt at Bolton. Not had much of a mention but done a good job.

But suspect bringing him in and paying compensation is a non starter.

Plus if we are keeping the staff on then pointless talking about decent options. Mowbray had them imposed on him but was willing to do it to get back into management 

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Other than saying about the number of applicants - as they always do - has the club made any genuine comment on it all ?

No, and as genuinely frustrating for us as fans that’s the way it should be until it’s announced

46 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Still think this is Woodgate's 

I'm getting that feeling too, and honestly that would be miles worse than Pardew imo. Proven himself to be nothing but an abject failure even with PL money behind him.

• Like 7

Stayed quiet to give this all a chance to breathe and not react too early. Shocking set up and process from start to finish. If the rumours (which appear to be true) of having to keep on the existing backroom staff are true then it's time expect the worst of the worst and make your peace with it. 

• Like 8