BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

8 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

He won the league twice with Celtic albeit without Rangers in the league at the time. I appreciate that it is not much of an ask in the circumstances but he has had success elsewhere hasn’t he? I am genuinely trying to find out how good he actually is. 

The only thing I would say in his defense in relation to his stint at Celtic is that he was still a very young man at that time, but it would be a little niggle for me, his time there and the way he reacted to bad results etc. Of the two, I would prefer the Bodo chap.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

The only thing I would say in his defense in relation to his stint at Celtic is that he was still a very young man at that time, but it would be a little niggle for me, his time there and the way he reacted to bad results etc. Of the two, I would prefer the Bodo chap.

He lost a semi final to inverness - minnows- when he had van djik in the team

• Like 2

After listening to Gregg Broughton's interview he talks about having football startegy and becoming a sustainable Premier League Club. Its good to see him having some ambition on day 1 of the job. 

Hopefully this can become reality now. 

Very interest to see who we appoint now as head coach 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Thankfully he won't be coming back here!

Now now, he was a good servant to the club, and did his best with limited resources. You can't ask for more than that, other than perhaps more resources 😉 Not the best manager, but certainly not as bad as some we have had rammed down our throats in our 12 year chicken run.

8 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Now now, he was a good servant to the club, and did his best with limited resources. You can't ask for more than that, other than perhaps more resources 😉 Not the best manager, but certainly not as bad as some we have had rammed down our throats in our 12 year chicken run.

Awful 

24 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Inconclusive, and the funniest thing in that article is the comment about Mowbray.

Not making excuses for Deila, but it must have been a strange time for Celtic supporters anyway, without having Rangers to bounce off.

He wasn't a disaster there, (Hi Tony), and has done okay since.

Rovers are a very different animal to Celtic.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He wasn't massively impressive at Celtic, I think that is the top and bottom of it.

34 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

He won the league twice with Celtic albeit without Rangers in the league at the time. I appreciate that it is not much of an ask in the circumstances but he has had success elsewhere hasn’t he? I am genuinely trying to find out how good he actually is. 

Couple of Celtic-supporting colleagues told me he got a lot of unfair stick when he was up there and said that he brought through a lot of good players into the first team. Opinions and all that but I was cautiously optimistic when I heard it. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

If we are trying to follow Brentford’s system why don’t we entice some of their best recruitment people here, it would probably prove very cost effective. 

We need a good new head of recruitment and I am sure Gregg Broughton will be looking for one. I'm sure he has plenty of contacts out there so bring in a good one. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Inconclusive, and the funniest thing in that article is the comment about Mowbray.

Not making excuses for Deila, but it must have been a strange time for Celtic supporters anyway, without having Rangers to bounce off.

Inconclusive?

look at his results in any games that were of importance, failed time and time again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a good new head of recruitment and I am sure Gregg Broughton will be looking for me. I'm sure he has plenty of contacts out there so bring in a good one. 

Loving your confidence! Enjoy the new role. 🙂 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:
9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Inconclusive?

look at his results in any games that were of importance, failed time and time again 

lets hope we avoid the play offs then

41 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

From my reading of the article he was moderately successful, poor in cup competitions and unpopular with the fans. The Norwegian Mowbray? Probably suffers in comparison to the stellar job Brendan Rogers did there after him. 

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Inconclusive?

If we're talking about Europe, as the article points out, how many successful European campaigns have Celtic had?

Mowbray failed there, simple as, Deila didn't.

For me, it's an appointment that shows a bit of imagination and would definitely break the mould of dragging someone off the scrapheap.

• Like 3

Here is a small piece from an article in the local paper in Bodø, sorry for the bad translation.

Despite the odds, Bodø-Glimt expert Freddy Toresen doubts that Kjetil Knutsen will leave Bodø to join Blackburn.
-The chances for that to happen equales zero.

Why?
- I am basing that on the work relationship between Knutsen and Broughton when they both were in Bodø. Lets say that there are people at the club that have spoken more togheter than those two in recent years.

Screenshot_20220608-165747_Snapchat.jpg

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, martonrover said:

If we're talking about Europe, as the article points out, how many successful European campaigns have Celtic had?

Mowbray failed there, simple as, Deila didn't.

For me, it's an appointment that shows a bit of imagination and would definitely break the mould of dragging someone off the scrapheap.

Rodgers didn’t do much in Europe either did he? I haven’t researched but can’t recall.

We already have the Celtic talent spotter in John Park, during his time at the club he identified the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Moussa Dembele and Victor Wanyama, he seems surplus to requirements now, probably doesn't fancy being restricted by which agency he can use to spot the next Virgil van Dijk....

• Like 1