BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

20 minutes ago, ossyian said:

I worked on my uncles farm at Stanhill which is near Knuzden. Never seen so many eggs or milk since them days. He must have had 100+ cows and 300 + chickens laying eggs. Took us hours for half a bob wage lol

Those cow eggs are big too 😹

Weeding turnips at 3 old pennies a ridge, length of ridge immaterial, or picking spuds by hand - backbreaking yet character forming.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ossyian said:

I worked on my uncles farm at Stanhill which is near Knuzden. Never seen so many eggs or milk since them days. He must have had 100+ cows and 300 + chickens laying eggs. Took us hours for half a bob wage lol

Proctors 😂

41 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Is it worth subscribing to listen to?

As far as I’m aware it didn’t cost anything as I only had the account setup during the online covid stuff.

Sounded an intelligent bloke with a plan. We haven’t had many of them in the last decade. Proof is always in the pudding.

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, rigger said:

Be careful, the off topic police, are cruising.

Pfff. A few light hearted tangents to entertain in the off season is one thing. 

The same tired old rows that have been going on months/years totally derailing a thread is another.

#NACAB 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

@Neal

The main thing that resonated with me is the importance of having a long term goal and plan.

He knows the script....start another journey and cream 5 years off the Indians.  I'm pissed off with bloody journeys....can we not get there a bit quicker like Watford do?

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, neophox said:

Surely Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may now be one to watch...

Cant see Rovers go for Deila or Knutsen.

Could be someone that he has worked with before.

Why they’ve not worked together 

No point getting too fixated on interviews. What people say seems to really matter to most people now but weve heard numerous people talk about plans etc and have seen people get excited over the last 12 years, and even some people are getting frustrated at calls for patience. Its a gathering of generic soundbites, nothing too much to be concluded either way from what he says.

• Like 3

Wonder whens the last time any news at the club was met with unanimous positivity? Really is a sign of the damage done over the last decade. I totally get it, so many idiotic and corrupt decisions have been made, its created so much negativity and over cautious outlooks on pretty much everything now. If a prospective manager read this board he'd just be like nah f*ck that they'll never be happy that lot!

We can only live in hope that the new gaffer, with the help of Broughton can bring some good vibes back, it's a big ask that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Warne yet another example of paper talk, Knutsen a lazy link too.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20196427.rotherham-united-boss-paul-warne-addresses-blackburn-rovers-speculation/

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? I’m not making any decisions….we’ve also still got Ainsworth and Warne on the table and I don’t necessarily see the fit with them?

But the way I see it, what’s the point (unless you’re a half wit) in coming on here regurgitating the same bilge and insisting on this or that before signing off “Venkys out” 🙈

I’m looking at the situation in context and with GB as DoF, when I look at the candidates being talked about, those two seem a good fit….could I be wrong? Sure!…and??

Warne isnt on the table, cant be sure that Ainsworth is aside from idle gossip. Still unsure on the Deila and Broughton link either?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

But then that leads us to ask who is kjtell Knutsen? Since we were talking about Kjetil Knutsen.

And who is Kjetill Flatnose?

Not sure about him tbh, I heard he had a bit of an Edge about him. Not the easiest to get along with, and would be on a whale of a salary too, I'd guess.

Sorry

Now back to Norwegian managers who may or may not be on our new DOF's Xmas card list.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20196427.rotherham-united-boss-paul-warne-addresses-blackburn-rovers-speculation/

Warne isnt on the table, cant be sure that Ainsworth is aside from idle gossip. Still unsure on the Deila and Broughton link either?

How do you know Warne isn't on the table?Because he says so in the interview?A manager has never told fibs?

Has unleaded ever given bad info on here?I can't recall him  posting something on here that didn't turn out to be true.If he says Ainsworth has been interviewed I'd tend to believe it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

How do you know Warne isn't on the table?Because he says so in the interview?A manager has never told fibs?

Has unleaded ever given bad info on here?I can't recall him  posting something on here that didn't turn out to be true.If he says Ainsworth has been interviewed I'd tend to believe it.

Very true on managers not telling the whole truth but a journalist has got a "no contact reply" from Rotherham.

Regarding any poster on here, I don't think there are any ITK posters personally any more. Advice ranges from me to take with a shaker full of salt to some who you can just laugh off. Not that a forum is or should be defined on ITK info.

Screenshot_20220608-204029_Twitter.jpg

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No point getting too fixated on interviews. What people say seems to really matter to most people now but weve heard numerous people talk about plans etc and have seen people get excited over the last 12 years, and even some people are getting frustrated at calls for patience. Its a gathering of generic soundbites, nothing too much to be concluded either way from what he says.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Within 12 minutes you have ignored your own advice and got fixated on an interview's soundbites.

Warne didn't dismiss the link, and even if he had, it's just an interview and some soundbites for the Rotherham fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

egil olson!!!!!!!

as we`ve appointed our new director of football then in normal circles we must have already chosen our new manager,surely the process won`t start all over again,this is venky land though🥴

Was he the chap that signed as spurs manager and bragged waving a ticket about coming on the tube, Alan Sugar next to him thinking wtf have i just done 😂

Edited by pomster

Just now, bluebruce said:

Within 12 minutes you have ignored your own advice and got fixated on an interview's soundbites.

Warne didn't dismiss the link, and even if he had, it's just an interview and some soundbites for the Rotherham fans.

I was just highlighting that both our local paper (via Warne) and also a reporter over in Yorkshire have rubbished the rumour. I did acknowledge that he would probably say that anyway but indeed we are currently seeing one or two new names a day and most seem to be bollocks.

My point was about things like introductory videos and pre/post match interviews whereby its all soundbites.

4 minutes ago, pomster said:

Was he the chap that signed as spurs manager and bragged about coming on the tube, Alan Sugar. Ext to him thinking wtf have i just done 😂

no that was christian gross,completely lost the plot going on about tube tickets and it being his dream to be in london,lost the dressing room and the boardroom in 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

egil olson was the mad bloke who after managing norway ended up at wimbledon,he was a mega long ball enthusiast who wrote a book about the virtues of direct football,he used to fine players who passed it on the ground,he was like john beck(ex cambridge manager who used to flood the corners of the ground to stop the ball when it was hoofed there)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very true on managers not telling the whole truth but a journalist has got a "no contact reply" from Rotherham.

Regarding any poster on here, I don't think there are any ITK posters personally any more. Advice ranges from me to take with a shaker full of salt to some who you can just laugh off. Not that a forum is or should be defined on ITK info.

Screenshot_20220608-204029_Twitter.jpg

I'd agree in general leaks and people picking up genuine info has declined and a lot of false stuff gets said but there are a few on here that I do think have genuine insight into some of what is going behind the scenes and unleaded is definitely one of those for me , he has been bang on the money  lot of the time.He clearly isn't looking for attention or anything like that either as he posts the info and very rarely discusses it further.

I'd agree with Knutson that the link is only coming due to the dof being at Glint but if we are looking at league one managers which we very likely are then Warne and Ainsworth would be looked at .I know Rotherham and that journo say no contact but it happens all the time with managers talking to other clubs behind their own clubs back.

Hopefully we will find out soon enough but it's looking like it will be another unambitious appointment.Think Warne and Ainsworth have done good jobs but was hoping for better ,I'd much prefer either of those two than a Ferguson or a Carrick

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Always suspicious of guys with journeys in mind (Mowbray) and long terms goals (Broughton) "We want to become a sustainable Premier League football club. That's not going to happen overnight, but with a really clear plan and by sticking with that plan, I really believe we can get there."

We've been promised jam tomorrow for far too long.

The bottom line is we need results and fast - the only goal the club should focus on is promotion to the PL this coming season.  Achieve that and all the 'nicer long term stuff' should more readily fall into place. 

Oh definitely. How realistic of you to expect a bloke on his first interview, before even meeting the players or staff, with a new boss to build a relationship with, to suggest that he can achieve what nobody else has managed in the last decade and more. I mean it’s silly to have a long term goal, it would have been more impressive if he’d just said “we’re for the premier league next season.” Plans? Sustainable growth? Common sense? No thanks! I see your point, I remember being delighted when the Venkys took over and immediately started with the champions league statements. That was real ambition, never mind that it was unrealistic and foolish to promise something that was going to be incredibly difficult. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'd agree in general leaks and people picking up genuine info has declined and a lot of false stuff gets said but there are a few on here that I do think have genuine insight into some of what is going behind the scenes and unleaded is definitely one of those for me , he has been bang on the money  lot of the time.He clearly isn't looking for attention or anything like that either as he posts the info and very rarely discusses it further.

I'd agree with Knutson that the link is only coming due to the dof being at Glint but if we are looking at league one managers which we very likely are then Warne and Ainsworth would be looked at .I know Rotherham and that journo say no contact but it happens all the time with managers talking to other clubs behind their own clubs back.

Hopefully we will find out soon enough but it's looking like it will be another unambitious appointment.Think Warne and Ainsworth have done good jobs but was hoping for better ,I'd much prefer either of those two than a Ferguson or a Carrick

If we are looking at league 1 managers I would still like Liam Manning over Warne and Ainsworth, but got a feeling we are going foreign 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Oh definitely. How realistic of you to expect a bloke on his first interview, before even meeting the players or staff, with a new boss to build a relationship with, to suggest that he can achieve what nobody else has managed in the last decade and more. I mean it’s silly to have a long term goal, it would have been more impressive if he’d just said “we’re for the premier league next season.” Plans? Sustainable growth? Common sense? No thanks! I see your point, I remember being delighted when the Venkys took over and immediately started with the champions league statements. That was real ambition, never mind that it was unrealistic and foolish to promise something that was going to be incredibly difficult. 

Nothing wrong in saying:

'Our main aim has to be to secure a return to the PL as soon as we can - it's where the club needs to be.  At the same time we need to put plans into place which will give the club a sustainable growth'. 

The fans want real hope today and not wishy washy bullsh1t about journeys and exciting futures for the tomorrows.  

• Like 6

Mowbray despite a few obvious flaws has left us in a position where a bit of investment, a decent managerial appointment and some smart recruitment means we can be challenging top 6 again.

There's no need for a complete reset and start of a new journey yet i get the impression that's what they are looking for.  

All this ownership talk of becoming a Prem club again never ever gets backed up yet for once we were/are in a position it could be. The last 5 years should have been another lesson to them so lets hope they heed it, you will NEVER gain promotion on shirt buttons and puppet managers.

• Like 3