BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

So to summarise, the two new favourites for the job are two Norwegians, neither of whom have any experience whatsoever of English football. One however has a promising CV, and could do well, the other, the highlight really of his career is to win the SPL with Celtic (at a time when Rangers had been demoted)  playing shite football and emptying half of  Parkhead in the process.

Unfortunately however it seems we have little prospect of landing the decent looking candidate as our newly appointed DOF has apparently previously fallen out with him.

That about cover it?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So to summarise, the two new favourites for the job are two Norwegians, neither of whom have any experience whatsoever of English football. One however has a promising CV, and could do well, the other, the highlight really of his career is to win the SPL with Celtic (at a time when Rangers had been demoted)  playing shite football and emptying half of  Parkhead in the process.

Unfortunately however it seems we have little prospect of landing the decent looking candidate as our newly appointed DOF has apparently previously fallen out with him.

That about cover it?

Welcome to Venkys world 👍

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I get the point, ie you don’t want him, fair enough, but there really isn’t enough evidence on his CV to write him off.

He wasn’t a failure at Celtic in terms of results. He isn’t a failure at his present club.

Whoever we appoint there will be an element of risk.

I’m a bit more concerned about the relationship between whoever gets it and Broughton, especially if he’s annoyed the manager at his previous club.

I don’t go by cvs as they don’t tell u the full story. And what exactly off is cv is jumping out at you? 
the football he plays is branded ugly

his tactics are laughable as showed whenever he had a big game. He thought he could just sign the best players and that’s all that would be needed. He won’t even have that luxury at blackburn, to get out this league we need a manager that’s tactically astute that gives us an extra edge, we will never have the best squad these days. He isn’t the man to get us over the line imo 

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

fact that berg and ogs are the only other two I know and think they are shit isn’t because they are Norwegian it’s because they are shit 

Who was that tit in the wellies that managed Wimbledon in the 90’s ? .. dined off beating the worst England team ever 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

Who was that tit in the wellies that managed Wimbledon in the 90’s ? .. dined off beating the worst England team ever 

egil olson!!!!!!!

as we`ve appointed our new director of football then in normal circles we must have already chosen our new manager,surely the process won`t start all over again,this is venky land though🥴

Always suspicious of guys with journeys in mind (Mowbray) and long terms goals (Broughton) "We want to become a sustainable Premier League football club. That's not going to happen overnight, but with a really clear plan and by sticking with that plan, I really believe we can get there."

We've been promised jam tomorrow for far too long.

The bottom line is we need results and fast - the only goal the club should focus on is promotion to the PL this coming season.  Achieve that and all the 'nicer long term stuff' should more readily fall into place. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I used to do ratting there 👍

I worked on my uncles farm at Stanhill which is near Knuzden. Never seen so many eggs or milk since them days. He must have had 100+ cows and 300 + chickens laying eggs. Took us hours for half a bob wage lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Always suspicious of guys with journeys in mind (Mowbray) and long terms goals (Broughton) "We want to become a sustainable Premier League football club. That's not going to happen overnight, but with a really clear plan and by sticking with that plan, I really believe we can get there."

The bottom line is we need results and fast - the only goal the club should focus on is promotion to the PL this coming season.  Achieve that and all the 'nicer long term stuff' should more readily fall into place. 

Those were exactly my thoughts when I saw the headline.

Sounds like someone promising another "journey".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Not sure what to make of this appointment yet. I had never heard of Gregg Broughton and have only done some quick research but he doesn't get too many mentions in the on-line analysis/discussion of Bodo/Glimt's recent success. They have a DOF/head of sport called Aasmund Bjørkan and he seems to be the main spokesman and gets a lot of the credit. I could fully understand if we approached him

Broughton seemed to work with the very young players - as you would expect as he was head of the academy. Jumping from that role to DOF at Rovers is a big leap. Would we ever consider promoting Stuart Jones from his current role at rovers to be DOF?

I can't see Knutsen coming to work under someone who was a few steps below him in the pecking order at his previous club.

I really hope it goes well.

I had a look too off the back of this and agree if you dig a little deeper he's really a well qualified academy director, not a first team anything.  Not saying hell do a bad job but he's in this Sporting Director role for the first time.

It's also a bit weird when you consider the part of the club that's been doing well is the academy under Damian Johnson. But we've brought in someone doing DJs role in another club and made him top dog. Where does that leave DJ?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ossyian said:

I worked on my uncles farm at Stanhill which is near Knuzden. Never seen so many eggs or milk since them days. He must have had 100+ cows and 300 + chickens laying eggs. Took us hours for half a bob wage lol

I was on two and six, per hour. Raising chickens for slaughter.

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I had a look too off the back of this and agree if you dig a little deeper he's really a well qualified academy director, not a first team anything.  Not saying hell do a bad job but he's in this Sporting Director role for the first time.

It's also a bit weird when you consider the part of the club that's been doing well is the academy under Damian Johnson. But we've brought in someone doing DJs role in another club and made him top dog. Where does that leave DJ?

Answering to the new DoF, I would say.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20196427.rotherham-united-boss-paul-warne-addresses-blackburn-rovers-speculation/

The LT painting this as Warne 'pouring cold water' on the speculation, but when you actually read the comments they're exactly the sort of non-commital comments you normally get from an in-work manager. Doesn't actually quote him anywhere as saying it isn't happening or he wouldn't be interested. Although one quote does make me think he hasn't been approached, unless he is being disingenuous:

“It is nice to think we are included in people's conversations, but I presume that's all it is.”

• Like 1

It all depends on if they trust him enough to implement his vision in my opinion a dof should oversee the football vision of the club this should be down to choosing a manager which it would seem he's  not going to.

But moving forward he has to be able too that way if we loose a manager we are not yo yoing from one which plays football to another who say wants to go long there in theory should be a shortlist there in place of who we want to carry on with implementing the vision.

Of course we all know how this club runs and we will have 5 or 6 people holding interviews from different rooms with different people and who ever gets the owners ear will get their choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A "man with a plan" usually means their plan is to stick around for as long as they can until they get found out

It's just corporate speak waffle really and should be taken as such. It means nothing

The "sustainable Premier League football" club is nonsense too, because you have to win promotion first before you try to sustain it.  

Having said that, I hope he's a success. 

It's a 'Vision' not a 'Journey', the vision being self sustainability in the PL.

At least the ultimate target is stated from outset with no timeframe given.

Let's hope it's not a 'Mirage'

I saw the full interview and he presented well. Good luck.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm also wary of the 'journey' because we've heard it for so long. But from someone who could actually deliver, I don't mind a 3-year wait for promotion. It's whether he and the new manager can deliver that or not that's the big question, and whether we can remain financially viable for that long (which with the right player trading, we could).

Honestly, I think promotion this coming season is a pipe dream almost no matter who we bring in. There is too much work to be done on the squad and staff, too little money, and too much dysfunction at the club. I think 2023/24 is the soonest promotion might become realistic. But you never know I guess. There is usually a team you wouldn't expect to be up there who cracks the top 6 or comes close, a la Barnsley and Luton.

Edited by bluebruce

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I was on two and six, per hour. Raising chickens for slaughter.

I was only 7 and it filled a Weekend with an ice cream paid for by half a bob and it kept my mum happy!