BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Monday morning....

"OK Ben, I will put the cones out and you make the brews."

"Righteo Dave.... then what?"

"Well if there's a presser planned I suppose I'd better have my annual shower"

• Like 2

Broughton, Knutsen, Deila - have to say I'm completely underwhelmed if I'm being honest.

On the other hand you then you think of what has gone before, Mowbray and Venus and it's difficult to think that anyone could be much of a downgrade on that.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised in due course but not really the calibre of appointments I was hoping for.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Broughton, Knutsen, Deila - have to say I'm completely underwhelmed if I'm being honest.

On the other hand you then you think of what has gone before, Mowbray and Venus and it's difficult to think that anyone could be much of a downgrade on that.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised in due course but not really the calibre of appointments I was hoping for.

Fair enough, you're allowed an opinion, but if you're underwhelmed by the guy who's side utterly dismantled Jose Mourinho's Roma side 6-1, what exactly would it take to excite you?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Simon, Broughton is well thought of throughout football and has a good reputation.

His appointment is out of the blue and just shows how far under the radar things are at Ewood with very limited links to information being available🤐.

My own take is that the new coach situation is probably further down the line than we perhaps realise.

• Like 6

What do ya know, its actually turning into a good day!
First of all a seemingly competent and knowledgeable chap appointed as director football (of course now the question starts in relation to how much control will he have or will his hands be tied by the usual rubbish from the morons in India).

Then we find out that the nightmare scenario of Simon Grayson rocking up and being presented as the outstanding candidate has been taken away!

I'll take small wins wherever I can get them!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Fair enough, you're allowed an opinion, but if you're underwhelmed by the guy who's side utterly dismantled Jose Mourinho's Roma side 6-1, what exactly would it take to excite you?

Let's not get carried away, it was a rotated second string side with nothing to play for on a synthetic pitch, only 2 of Roma's players that night played in the final. 

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Let's not get carried away, it was a rotated second string side with nothing to play for on a synthetic pitch, only 2 of Roma's players that night played in the final. 

See my Celtic comments, that wasn't a rotated team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

My own take is that the new coach situation is probably further down the line than we perhaps realise.

Well the cameras and social media crew are at Brockhall today so..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Just waiting for @Mercer's explanation as to how this guy is "familiar to Rovers fans"... 😉 

On a serious note, his youth policy was very successful in Norway apparently. A good podcast with him:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/gregg-broughton-youth-development-lessons-from-bodo/glimt

TBH, never heard of this guy but also willing to give him a chance.

Big question is does he have the experience for a 'senior' role like this?  Think it's a huge step up for him.

To me, this is another 'cheap' option.

The name I was given had a wealth of experience from Academy through to 1st team and is widely respected and still employed in a football capacity.  I think we probably baulked at the cost of that experience / quality.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Anyone who says that from now on should be fined £1,000.

We played the second half of the season in relegation form.

(FFS).

We also played the first half of the season in top 2 form, equally as irrelevant to the point that the only form that matters is over 46 games and ours was the 8th best.

We can easily downgrade on Mowbray, as much as he needed to go to progress.

1 hour ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

It's a target and not one that can necessarily be met every year. If you have a better method I'm sure the club would love to hear from you.

It isn't sustainable unless the owners regularly allow a % to be reinvested. They didn't last summer, will they with the Brereton funds? It has to be consistent and regular which isn't the case with the idiots that own us.

49 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lies - All I said was, I’d take Ferguson on the back of Ancelotti’s recommendation. I still would…but with Broughton now in place, surely the dream ticket is Knutsen or Delia? 

What makes either "the dream ticket" out of interest? Purely based on obvious potential links to the new DOF or based on their individual CV's?

I don't get why a recommendation from a mate is enough to convince you over the merits over a potential manager either, even someone as distinguished as Ancelotti. I am sure that Ferguson highly recommended Kidd back in the day, means nothing in a different role.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

TBH, never heard of this guy but also willing to give him a chance.

Big question is does he have the experience for a 'senior' role like this?  Think it's a huge step up for him.

To me, this is another 'cheap' option.

The name I was given had a wealth of experience from Academy through to 1st team and is widely respected and still employed in a football capacity.  I think we probably baulked at the cost of that experience / quality.

Say the name plz

• Like 2

Just now, Butty said:

Whirlwind 48 hours he says, seems pretty clear he wasn’t the number one choice then but he’s making the right noises early doors. All the best Gregg. 

Literally interviewed in the last 48 hours and offered it yesterday probably? 

Last minute or what.

I'm still excited by this appointment though.

Just now, Butty said:

Whirlwind 48 hours he says, seems pretty clear he wasn’t the number one choice then but he’s making the right noises early doors. All the best Gregg. 

Echoes what Nixon said that we were let down by our first choice. My curiosity would like to know who that was, but Broughton comes off well and I'm happy with the appointment. 

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Sounds abit of a posh lad and defintely a face for radio (sorry couldn't resist😗) but saying all the right things, hopefully his bubble won't burst within a few months as it has on the odd occasions in the past that we've made seemingly very good appointments at the club. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

4 hours ago, rover23 said:

Takeover collapsed at Derby. 

Surely go all out for Rooney now. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Absolutely.

Would be a superb choice and would give the whole club and its fans a lift.

I can't stand the guy wouldn't want him involved with our club. I don't get why people would want Rooney as our manager he would be a disaster. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Literally interviewed in the last 48 hours and offered it yesterday probably? 

Last minute or what.

I'm still excited by this appointment though.

Not necessarily….could’ve been involved in a long-ish process but got the call 48hrs ago and has since finalised package, role, met the owners (on zoom), some staff and is now sat in front of a camera being interviewed! 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Butty said:

Sounds intelligent and thoughtful. One of the keys to this being successful will be how well communications with the owners go. There needs to be massive improvement on that score.

I wish him well. 

• Like 7