BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ll tell you what I’m excited about…the transfer windows….after 5yrs of pretty much the same types of signings we must be fishing in VERY different ponds now with Broughton? 

You can’t really fish in a different pond if you’ve still got the same skint old rod. I wouldn’t be expecting an influx of European talent either as the work permit situation is a nightmare now. Shame really that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tormund said:

Anything positive?

What, because I asked PM why the appointment of Broughton meant we'd be fishing in a completely different pond as regards recruitment?

I think it's a legitimate question to ask.

If he'd said he thought the appointment of Broughton would revolutionise the pathway from Academy to first team I'd have thought that would have been a fairer proposition but I'd still want to see evidence of that happening first.

46 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I just hope that this new DoF bloke, Gregg, isn't one of the usual pastys employed by our owners!

However you slice it, if he is, we'll just have to roll with it. Heard he's a bit flaky though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Who's offended? 

I'd take Knutsen over Deila as well. Deila is a good man manager, but tactically not the best so would have need some good coaches around him in order to be an improvement on Mowbray.

You went off on one about Norwegian managers not being respected, utter tosh. If they are good enough then fans will take to them. Glad you agree that deila has flaws 

5 hours ago, Butty said:

You can’t really fish in a different pond if you’ve still got the same skint old rod. I wouldn’t be expecting an influx of European talent either as the work permit situation is a nightmare now. Shame really that. 

I think we can…

Firstly, we don’t know the budget (I’d like to think a new management team might’ve negotiated a similar budget to the one TM had a couple of years ago - one that allowed him to speculate with purchases like - BBD, SG, AA).

Seconndly - If they’re aiming to be “a sustainable Premier League football club” going down the Brentford route, that involves buying low, selling high and then reinvesting chunky portions of the cash so that you continue to improve the team.

And finally, if all of the above never came to fruition, my point about excitement on transfers was mainly focused on the fact that a new management team will naturally look in different places for different profiles of players based on their opinion and experience, as opposed to the old regime. Regardless of cost.

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Think you are jumping the gun there i'm not sure there'll be a massive change with a 1 million annual spend and loans.

Ahh well, let’s all just give up then and not bother even trying to enjoy the summer. Come on mate, surely you can find a bit of positivity with the change? And before you point to the past, the past doesn’t dictate the future. Every situation is temporary, there will be better days. We attract the things we believe…if you don’t believe me look at the people who ‘liked’ your post…

We all have choices. I choose to live in hope because it means I can enjoy the ride. If I’m to be disappointed at the end (like missing out on the playoffs last season) then I can’t control that but at least I had a good time getting to that point.

So, maybe I am jumping the gun, I’m excited by the new change and interested as to how things might unfold. So what? I don’t care about being vulnerable to disappointment and I’m aware of the potential to be let down. It’s my choice to frame it the way I do.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Who's offended? 

I'd take Knutsen over Deila as well. Deila is a good man manager, but tactically not the best so would have need some good coaches around him in order to be an improvement on Mowbray.

If he's not tactically good then, like with Ferguson, I'd hope we look elsewhere.

The only way we will have a chance at challenging is with a manger who can out think the opposition as we are going to just outspend the others like we did in league one or Scott Parker did in the season just gone

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

If he's not tactically good then, like with Ferguson, I'd hope we look elsewhere.

The only way we will have a chance at challenging is with a manger who can out think the opposition as we are going to just outspend the others like we did in league one or Scott Parker did in the season just gone

Correct, exactly point I was making 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Depends on the alternatives I guess. Hoping someone comes out of left field myself tbh. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahh well, let’s all just give up then and not bother even trying to enjoy the summer. Come on mate, surely you can find a bit of positivity with the change? And before you point to the past, the past doesn’t dictate the future. Every situation is temporary, there will be better days. We attract the things we believe…if you don’t believe me look at the people who ‘liked’ your post…

We all have choices. I choose to live in hope because it means I can enjoy the ride. If I’m to be disappointed at the end (like missing out on the playoffs last season) then I can’t control that but at least I had a good time getting to that point.

So, maybe I am jumping the gun, I’m excited by the new change and interested as to how things might unfold. So what? I don’t care about being vulnerable to disappointment and I’m aware of the potential to be let down. It’s my choice to frame it the way I do.

To the Gulag with you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You went off on one about Norwegian managers not being respected, utter tosh. If they are good enough then fans will take to them. Glad you agree that deila has flaws 

Ok, I’ll let it rest.

I think we’re looking in the ‘flaws territory’ by now tbh. And willing to give Broughton a chance here, but his CV wouldn’t normally qualify him for a DoF role here. He seems to be a big fan of how Liverpool run their academy so will probably try and emulate parts of their player development is my guess. 

34 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Goes without saying that Broughton needs to be a big part of choosing our next manager, if they don't become besties then all we will end up with is one more toxic power struggle at the club. 

So get it right 🙏🙏

You would think he would have some input. 

But I suppose he'll only get the choice of the final 3 (if reports are to be believed) 

From what he was saying yesterday, feels more like an appointment in the mould of a Delia rather than an Ainsworth.

Dundee have just appointed a new management team.

"It has taken time and patience along the way but we have brought someone in that ticked all of the boxes. It's an exciting time for the club and we are looking forward to working with ..."

See, follow a sensible months long process like Dundee and we too could end up with Gary Bowyer 

All works out well in the end (yes, tongue in cheek).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Dundee have just appointed a new management team.

"It has taken time and patience along the way but we have brought someone in that ticked all of the boxes. It's an exciting time for the club and we are looking forward to working with ..."

See, follow a sensible months long process like Dundee and we too could end up with Gary Bowyer 

All works out well in the end (yes, tongue in cheek).

At least with him there they'll be giving it a right good go at going up 😂😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

At least with him there they'll be giving it a right good go at going up 😂😂

It is funny that the "right good go" is stuck in a lot of fans head. When  me and my dad talk about Bowyer it just ends up being right good go impressions 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s your choice, but I tend to prefer probability and previous behaviours. I find it more realistic tbh.

Venky’s are human beings and human beings are creatures of habit. I’d love nothing more than them making some great decisions  that get us promoted. If Rovers win, nothing makes me happier.

Problem is, the two opposing forces have been Venky’s past failings and poor decisions vs what I want to happen. 

• Like 9

• Moderation Lead
59 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

There’s a politics thread lads

Motion carried, please can we use the report function and not start replying to all the politics threads. Or ideally, just don’t mention politics on this side of the forum at all please? Ta.

• Like 4