BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I would suggest that considering they have only done it once in 11 years and have employed 8 managers in that time, that it's a pretty reasonable suggestion.

Again its summation and speculation

4 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

So they budgeted to pay 2 managers at the same time - Sorry I don't believe that for a minute.

I said I don't believe the approach for Deila is a serious one, I didn't say it hadn't happened - they may have enquired but I don't think they will follow it up for the reasons I mentioned - mainly compensation which they will avoid if they possibly can - history suggests this so it is not blind speculation.

I never said that at all nor did I give any indication that was the point. I said quite clearly, Mowbrays salary and loyalty bonus are already budgeted for. A new manager starts being paid after the first month of of his contract starts.

5 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

If he’d overruled the owners he wouldn’t be here, that’s not how they work. They tolerate no dissent or not obeying what they say 

Exactly, yet there are suggestions on here that he has in respect of G Ainsworth - they liked him, he didnt!

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I never said that at all nor did I give any indication that was the point. I said quite clearly, Mowbrays salary and loyalty bonus are already budgeted for. A new manager starts being paid after the first month of of his contract starts.

You talk in riddles my friend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's rubbish with all due respect.  Malmo always win that league, one man and his dog would get them the title.  Look back a bit and apart from getting the assistant managers job at Denmark due to his playing ability he only last 6 months and got relegated in his previous role...

Best we could hope for.....what a load of tripe 🙄

Knew you’d be happy. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Malmo have won the Swedish league 8 times in the last 30 years, 2 of which are Tomasson's from two attempts, so hardly as you describe.

They didn't win the league the season before he joined them either. He came in, won them back to back titles, and left. They're currently sitting at 5th in the table.

He certainly had an impact in his time there i'd say.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Malmo have won the Swedish league 8 times in the last 30 years, 2 of which are Tomasson's from two attempts, so hardly as you describe.

They'd won the league 6 times in 30 years before Tomasson. Then he won it 2 years in a row (they'd finished 2nd and 3rd the seasons before he joined). He also won the league and cup double. As far as I can make out it was 1988 the last time they did that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

They didn't win the league the season before he joined them either. He came in, won them back to back titles, and left. They're currently sitting at 5th in the table.

He certainly had an impact in his time there i'd say.

Let’s also not ignore that Malmo qualified for the champions league group stage with him as manager! They won 4 qualification rounds including Ludogrets and Rangers.

All appointments are a risk but at least this one would seem like a calculated one.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know specifically that Waggott has met Ainsworth and didnt like him? 

Where have I said I have?

I haven't nor have I given any indication of such. There is a poster who remarked on this forum that it was apparent the owners liked Ainsworth but that Waggot didn't, that is the point I am making. There isn't anything to back up that claim in any way, shape or form.

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I haven't nor have I given any indication of such. There is a poster who remarked on this forum that it was apparent the owners liked Ainsworth but that Waggot didn't, that is the point I am making. There isn't anything to back up that claim in any way, shape or form.

You sound very very confused

1 minute ago, Trinidad Rover said:

John Dahl Tomasson's Blue and White Army! 

Has a ring to it

Tom-as-son's Blue and White Army is how I'd do it. Elongate the surname.

I'm not going to start this after Chaddy started with Carlos Carvalhal's Blue and White Army. That ended well.

• Like 7

• Backroom

I know little about JDT other than he’s seemingly succeeded with the tasks he’s had 

A friend from that part of the world told me to be prepared to be bored to death, when asked if he didn’t rate him he said it’s not a slight on his managerial style more his dull personality 

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am pretty sure I didn't say that. I just commented on unleaded saying Ainsworth had been interviewed and is keen but we aren't. Based on that I took it as Waggott not wanting to introduce him to Venkys and in self preservation mode.

I genuinely don't care about how boring or otherwise a manager is, the biggest reflection of one is how their team plays, I don't pay much attention to the sideline stuff or see the need to get to stressed/excited about interviews etc.

Hard to get too much of a feeling either way though as he seems to be the daily name banded about as has been the case throughout, with nothing happening. Not much to judge him on anyway.

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I know little about JDT other than he’s seemingly succeeded with the tasks he’s had 

A friend from that part of the world told me to be prepared to be bored to death, when asked if he didn’t rate him he said it’s not a slight on his managerial style more his dull personality 

An upgrade on Mowbray then?

😆😆

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

John Dahl Tomasson's Blue and White Army! 

Has a ring to it

JDT’s Blue and White Army maybe? 
pity his initials aren’t DDT, we could do with some insecticide around Ewood. Does it have any effect on maggots?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, goozburger said:

John Dahl Tomasson, tra-la-la-la-lahhhh, John Dahl Tomasson, traaaaahhh-lah-lah-lah-lah-lah...

(Morten Gamst Pedersen song from Brown Girl in the Ring)

Banana splits would be better

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Tom-as-son's Blue and White Army is how I'd do it. Elongate the surname.

I'm not going to start this after Chaddy started with Carlos Carvalhal's Blue and White Army. That ended well.

Too late.

• Like 1