BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Don’t tell people off on here who haven’t renewed their season tickets for whatever reason. The fact they are still coming on BRFCS and getting angry shows they still give a toss.

It’s much more productive having a word with someone you know who has totally disengaged. I’m sure we all know people who fall into that bracket.

These are the people it’s really difficult to get back. Maybe it’s the comparatively high single ticket prices compared to a season ticket, maybe they realise they don’t miss it that much, but when people say they are giving up their season tickets and they will pick and choose their games, they generally just stop going. My Dad is a prime example of this. Despite hitting pensioner age last season he’d had enough. The only games he went to were 4 on my ticket I couldn’t attend due to a holiday, work commitments and Covid, plus one tenner deal around Christmas. It’d have been zero if I’d been able to make all the games and it hadn’t been his Grandson’s first ever game.

Whingeing at someone you only know from a messageboard will only get their back up. Have a chat with someone you know on a personal level, see what is keeping them from coming back - if you want to let me know I’ll report it on to the club as part of some ongoing work I’m doing with the Trust.

I’ve heard from fans who’ve given up Rovers for golf, caravans, fishing, sessions in the pub. Many of these wouldn’t have a clue what our first 11 looks like anymore… people who have clocked up thousands of miles over years and years have stopped caring. Trying to get them to care again would be really useful, criticising and sermonising to people on here does no good at all.

Great post. My mate nagged/shamed me into getting my season ticket in the pub on Friday night. I was going to leave it and see who we appointed originally.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I will never, ever understand the folk who said they were "relieved" when Sam was sacked, or even some who said they stopped going while he was in charge.

I personally loved his only full season in charge. A top half Premier league finish, a cup semi final, only losing 3 games at Ewood all season (none to the so called "big 4"), doubles over both Burnley and Bolton.

I personally wouldn't say I love it when Sam was manager, but completely understand the importance of staying in the premier league. Once we had enough points Sam would take the handbrake off then play with more freedom and entertainment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:

I personally wouldn't say I love it when Sam was manager, but completely understand the importance of staying in the premier league. Once we had enough points Sam would take the handbrake off then play with more freedom and entertainment

one of the best things about sam`s reign  was the big clubs hated coming to ewood,wenger in particular detested us with unbridled hatred,remember the game when sam put samba up front and every free kick the arsenal defence was at panic stations😄

• Like 3

Just now, Gav said:

All joking aside, the really sad thing is Rev, Venkys as we all know are billionaires, they could employ the very best manager out there willing to come to the club, yet they continue to operate with little or no ambition, gambling with the clubs future with every passing season.

Go and get Dyche, thats what Jack would have done, if he says no find more candidates at that level, simple relly.

Agree entirely.

They never really seem to have understood the importance of hiring the best manager they can possibly get, probably assuming it's a job anyone can do give or take so why pay over the odds?

A completely false economy in the general scheme of things. This insistence on Lowe Johnson and Benson staying (if true) takes it to a whole new level. If Waggott had had anything about him he should have put his foot down from the off and told them we wouldn't get a top class candidate unless they were allowed to bring in their own staff.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

So now is it not only “I’m not renewing unless Mowbray goes”, it’s “I’m not renewing unless it’s a manager I personally approve of”

Interesting to hear how you’ll get behind him if you’re not there

My mum said that - she's renewed with my dad. "You said you wouldn't go back if Mowbray is still there... you didn't qualify that you had to like the new manager". 

Smark alek - the seat next to them will be empty if they hire dross like Woodgate or Ferguson. 

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wonder if JDT will put on the back burner now.

My source is telling me that Balaji has a private jet on stand by for Pochettino to fly to Pune for talks once his departure from PSG is confirmed 

Don't give up your day job. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agree entirely.

They never really seem to have understood the importance of hiring the best manager they can possibly get, probably assuming it's a job anyone can do give or take so why pay over the odds?

A completely false economy in the general scheme of things. This insistence on Lowe Johnson and Benson staying (if true) takes it to a whole new level. If Waggott had had anything about him he should have put his foot down from the off and told them we wouldn't get a top class candidate unless they were allowed to bring in their own staff.

Spot on Rev I'm surprised no-one has told them no self-respecting manager would accept those conditions it's staggering they haven't understood this after 12 years of chaos! 🙄

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Correct re season before.

Incorrect otherwise. Average PL crowd of 26k in his one full season (2009/10), 25k the season he left half way through (2010/11).

Not exactly booming, but there we go. As I lived in Essex at the time, most of the game I went to were away from home, and I was hacked off with the Rovers not turning up. For me personally, getting rid of Sam was not the big mistake. Not replacing him with someone suitable was the mistake. 

• Like 5

Well first off I am the first to slag Venkys off

for the miss fortunes that have occurred at our clubs. Some of the language used here though is quite remarkable just shows how fractured this fan base really is. Between the angry teenage like attitude of just expecting daddy to cover the bill no matter the cost just because we have wealthy owners. From being against Ainsworth for seemingly not having enough experience (not that I am for him) but then other shouting for JDT are the very same people saying one doesn’t have experience when from a game perspective he has managed more games and knows British football better than JDT (not that I am against JDT being manager either!) it is more just to say some people just seem happy moaning for the sake of moaning. 

is our structure a mess? Yes, however, I am willing to give the new DOF a chance to It out at the end of the day that is what he is paid to

do. Only time will tell what happens. 

manager situation a farce? Yes, but I personally believe in living within your means. Not to be overly reliant on an owner i can name thousands of sad ending for clubs who went down that path. So what? We missed out on carvahal who got more money and Farke (who I wanted) got more money and a better league. Can I blame them? No. Hunt goes until we find someone who fits our price structure like with any company you don’t throw money just to throw money.

Have we got a big rebuild? Transition yes, but not as big of a rebuild as when TM came in. Lenihan it is sad to see him go but Carter sounds exciting, Nyambe fingers crossed re signs. From there I would cash in on Brereton and Ayala and kickstart the transfer window with some cash in the bank for the new manager to spend. There must be some talent in the Scandinavian leagues that we don’t know about…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

If he's announced the season ticket money will remain in the bank.

Yes I'll support the guy, thats what we do, but he's not of the calibre needed to get this club into the Premiership, he's the cheapest option willing to tow the party line.

Venkys out.

You have been made tweet worthy with this post, seemingly critiquing a manager and stating that you aren't going to give a lot of money and free time this season to watch Rovers yet confirming that you will support Tomasson (if appointed) regardless is enough to highlight your post as an example of the terrible Rovers fan base!

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agree entirely.

Out of interest, you mentioned that Venkys had not as of yet fulfilled what had been said in the cryptic meetings but a lot depended on the managerial appointment. With Waggott remaining in situ, how would you feel towards Venkys and how much faith would you keep in them if the chosen man is Jon Dahl Tomasson?

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have been made tweet worthy with this post, seemingly critiquing a manager and stating that you aren't going to give a lot of money and free time this season to watch Rovers yet confirming that you will support Tomasson (if appointed) regardless is enough to highlight your post as an example of the terrible Rovers fan base!

It’s a pity he missed the next post really….

“We’ll go to games of course, but to buy season tickets for us, shows support for Waggott and support for the owners.

No Nay Never”

😀

Edited by Gav

22 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Tom I'd personally have Tom Finn & JW back tomorrow proper club representatives who would turn this round no probs 

Tom might still be up for it at 64/65 years old but I think John's race has been run (83 years of age I think)

Edited by Mercer

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:
Out of interest, you mentioned that Venkys had not as of yet fulfilled what had been said in the cryptic meetings but a lot depended on the managerial appointment. With Waggott remaining in situ, how would you feel towards Venkys and how much faith would you keep in them if the chosen man is Jon Dahl Tomasson?

I've made my views on this fairly clear already I think. I'd be fairly apoplectic at what I would regard as another "Mowbray Mark 2 appointment" such as Pardew or Adkins.

JDT would be far from my first choice but is different enough to pique the interest slightly. As far as my view on the owners went I'd have to see how JDT did before passing comment, at this stage it neither improves nor worsens my view of them.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Don’t tell people off on here who haven’t renewed their season tickets for whatever reason. The fact they are still coming on BRFCS and getting angry shows they still give a toss.

It’s much more productive having a word with someone you know who has totally disengaged. I’m sure we all know people who fall into that bracket.

These are the people it’s really difficult to get back. Maybe it’s the comparatively high single ticket prices compared to a season ticket, maybe they realise they don’t miss it that much, but when people say they are giving up their season tickets and they will pick and choose their games, they generally just stop going. My Dad is a prime example of this. Despite hitting pensioner age last season he’d had enough. The only games he went to were 4 on my ticket I couldn’t attend due to a holiday, work commitments and Covid, plus one tenner deal around Christmas. It’d have been zero if I’d been able to make them all and it hadn’t been his Grandson’s first ever game.

Whingeing at someone you only know from a messageboard will only get their back up. Have a chat with someone you know on a personal level, see what is keeping them from coming back - if you want to let me know I’ll report it on to the club as part of some ongoing work I’m doing with the Trust.

I’ve heard from fans who’ve given up Rovers for golf, caravans, fishing, sessions in the pub. Many of these wouldn’t have a clue what our first 11 looks like anymore… people who have clocked up thousands of miles over years and years have stopped caring. Trying to get them to care again would be really useful, criticising and sermonising to people on here does no good at all.

You’re kind of nailing it in the last 24 hours Duncan…😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gav said:

All joking aside, the really sad thing is Rev, Venkys as we all know are billionaires, they could employ the very best manager out there willing to come to the club, yet they continue to operate with little or no ambition, gambling with the clubs future with every passing season.

Go and get Dyche, thats what Jack would have done, if he says no find more candidates at that level, simple really If you have the clubs best interests at heart.

Jack would probably have gone for Poch…this very afternoon…

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not exactly booming, but there we go. As I lived in Essex at the time, most of the game I went to were away from home, and I was hacked off with the Rovers not turning up. For me personally, getting rid of Sam was not the big mistake. Not replacing him with someone suitable was the mistake. 

26,000 average crowd isn’t booming for Rovers?! It was higher than 94/95 and level with 95/96!

• Like 5

Just a thought that crept but giving thst the Scandinavian league pay less than the championship could this be a shrewd appointment Brentford lived off that structure for years in terms of taping into smaller leagues small contracts and wages but quality players 👍🏻