BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray, dignity!

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I wouldn’t say we’re in a much better place. After 5 years and another £120 million spent I’d say we’re in a slightly better place. 

Factoring in players out of contract, loanees returning to their clubs and likes of Brereton who will likely go I’d say the squad is marginally better.

In terms of the club as a whole being far removed from the one he joined 5 years ago. £220 million in debt - worse off, no functioning boardroom - probably the same, his useless donkey mate as ceo - worse off, the medical and recruiting department all off to pastures new - worse off, ground 5 years more dilapidated - worse off, training ground/academy - same. 

Clearly not all his fault at all but other than him replacing an absolute cretin in coyle I’m struggling to see the great impact he’s had throughout the club. 

Matt, it's all about opinions

The point I was really trying to make was that after 5 years (whether or not that be considered success or failure) Blackburn Rovers FC , a proud football club, should be dealing with matters better than it would appear.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Matt, it's all about opinions

The point I was really trying to make was that after 5 years (whether or not that be considered success or failure) Blackburn Rovers FC , a proud football club, should be dealing with matters better than it would appear.

100% they should. We’re a bloody shambles and have been for 12 years so no surprises. This is all on our useless owners and the bumpkins they put in charge of the club. The fact our ceo is on £300k and couldn't handle his mates (a mate who got him the job no less) contract ending with respect is truly pathetic.
However, there’s plenty out there who have defended the Venkys in recent years telling us we should be grateful for crumbs from their £1.5 billion fortune, so it’s a timely reminder to them that the Venkys are still shit, still haven’t learnt anything and nothing good will happen to rovers while there at the wheel.

That said as far as Mowbray is concerned over the past 5 years there has been numerous occasions where he has blown smoke up their arse. So for me it’s karma that they’ve shown their true colours and are treating him appallingly now. You reep what you sow. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, matt83 said:

100% they should. We’re a bloody shambles and have been for 12 years so no surprises. This is all on our useless owners and the bumpkins they put in charge of the club. The fact our ceo is on £300k and couldn't handle his mates (a mate who got him the job no less) contract ending with respect is truly pathetic.
However, there’s plenty out there who have defended the Venkys in recent years telling us we should be grateful for crumbs from their £1.5 billion fortune, so it’s a timely reminder to them that the Venkys are still shit, still haven’t learnt anything and nothing good will happen to rovers while there at the wheel.

That said as far as Mowbray is concerned over the past 5 years there has been numerous occasions where he has blown smoke up their arse. So for me it’s karma that they’ve shown their true colours and are treating him appallingly now. You reep what you sow. 

I'm wholeheartedly in agreement with you.

Just think, with 'their brass', how it could be!

Good things are on the horizon this coming season we are told and I for one am really excited to see what’s coming! 

Cheers Tony, you didn’t make anything worse but not once did you exceed your targets. 

• Like 6

End of the day, a proper manager given a proper budget, ergo giving yourself the best chance of winning football matches is the only thing that really matters if you want to improve the whole operation.

As worthy as all the other stuff off the pitch is, without that pivotal bit, it’s merely tinkering at the edges…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This is the way I look at it - Has he increased the number of fans that want to watch Blackburn Rovers ?

On one hand no, on the other hand (based on demographics and age groups at recent away games) Yes!

I've become a 'fossil', moaning about our exuberant teenage away following, they are in ever increasing numbers I have to say, and have been reminded that we were all 16 once!

I'm sure you'll get my drift! 🙂

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I feel that it is despicable that nobody at the club has had the good grace to sit down with Mowbray, discuss what went well, what went badly and more importantly on a personal level, say thanks, no thanks, we wish you well...or whatever. It's just shit!

I agree, but isn’t that the job of Waggot, his boss?

And therefore it’s the job of Waggott to go up the chain of command to get the answers required?

If that’s not possible, it’s up to Waggott to make it happen or decide his position is untenable  

Let’s not forget that Waggott and Mowbray have been full of praise for the owners throughout their tenure. 

Little seems to have changed behind the scenes, despite assurances to the contrary. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

On one hand no, on the other hand (based on demographics and age groups at recent away games) Yes!

I've become a 'fossil', moaning about our exuberant teenage away following, they are in ever increasing numbers I have to say, and have been reminded that we were all 16 once!

I'm sure you'll get my drift! 🙂

I had bbc radio 4 on early this morning. Amongst the usual Sunday morning god bothering there was an interesting article on the efforts being made at Blackburn Rovers to attract more young Asian fans.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It would appear that Tony Mowbray is going to leave us this summer.

Whilst most (me included) would question his team selections, tactics, substitutions etc during his 5 year tenure, what cannot be questioned is his devotion to the club.

The club we now see is far removed from the one that was 5 years ago, Tony should take great credit for that transition, albeit we are not the finished article.

I feel that it is despicable that nobody at the club has had the good grace to sit down with Mowbray, discuss what went well, what went badly and more importantly on a personal level, say thanks, no thanks, we wish you well...or whatever. It's just shit!

So, with dignity, We're Blackburn Rovers Tony,

Thanks, Good luck and you left us in a much better place than when you found us.

Hopefully, onwards and upwards!......

Like him or loathe him, he should not have been given the cold shoulder like he has. To hear him say what he did at pre match press conference was plain awful. It showed everyone what an uphill battle we have with the owners, who quite clearly have very little concern for the day to day running of the club.

Here's hoping that they put a proper structure in place, from next season, as almost 12 years of this not cannot carry on, without a disastrous end result. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

Like him or loathe him, he should not have been given the cold shoulder like he has. To hear him say what he did at pre match press conference was plain awful. It showed everyone what an uphill battle we have with the owners, who quite clearly have very little concern for the day to day running of the club.

Here's hoping that they put a proper structure in place, from next season, as almost 12 years of this not cannot carry on, without a disastrous end result. 

As they’ve had 12 years to “ put a proper structure in place” something tells me that isn’t going to happen. It’s a zombie club.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

I think we can all agree that the way this has been handled is appalling.  It is certainly not reflective of our 135 year tradition.

I say 135 years as the last 12 are as far apart from the traditional values of BRFC than you could possibly imagine.  Within this period, this latest farce is simply par  for the course.

Mowbray has now alluded to big budget cuts, behind the scenes being poor, staff leaving etc.  That is why nobody expects things to suddenly improve from this summer. They haven't over the last 5 years... The aimless journey is set to continue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Good things are on the horizon this coming season we are told and I for one am really excited to see what’s coming! 

Cheers Tony, you didn’t make anything worse but not once did you exceed your targets. 

Who told you good things are on the horizon? I haven't seen or heard anything to get me excited. By Tony's interview some of the players are worried about the future so it's likely they haven't heard anything positive either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I feel that it is despicable that nobody at the club has had the good grace to sit down with Mowbray,

You only have Mogadons word that they haven't told him he's off....

And shouldn't the CEO  be thanking Tony like QPR's thanked Warburton?

It's not all on the owners this.....them 2 are up to something.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It would appear that Tony Mowbray is going to leave us this summer.

Whilst most (me included) would question his team selections, tactics, substitutions etc during his 5 year tenure, what cannot be questioned is his devotion to the club.

The club we now see is far removed from the one that was 5 years ago, Tony should take great credit for that transition, albeit we are not the finished article.

So, with dignity, We're Blackburn Rovers Tony,

Thanks, Good luck and you left us in a much better place than when you found us.

Hopefully, onwards and upwards!......

Quite!

Compare this to the civilised joint press conference with Bill Fox and Don Mackay at the end of the latter's tenure.

As a Rovers fan, I am disgusted...

• Like 4