BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray, dignity!

thanks for the promotion tony,even though it was basically impossible to fail on such a big budget for the division,after that you were ****,your tactics were rancid and you made decent players look bang average,no doubt you`re a decent chap,just not a very good manager,enjoy your soujourn in the north east but don`t come back to east lancashire any time soon,unless it`s to join burnley🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluerover78 said:

Who told you good things are on the horizon? I haven't seen or heard anything to get me excited. By Tony's interview some of the players are worried about the future so it's likely they haven't heard anything positive either. 

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

You big tease

No teasing here - I don’t know anything, but there’s been plenty of posters in the past 12-18 months saying there’s good things coming and changes on the horizon, so I’ll take it at face value and decide how much of that is true come the first game of the season. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

No teasing here - I don’t know anything, but there’s been plenty of posters in the past 12-18 months saying there’s good things coming and changes on the horizon, so I’ll take it at face value and decide how much of that is true come the first game of the season. 

If “ good things “ are coming why wait whilst now ? January was the time for “ good things “ to happen. We signed 5 make weights.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You only have Mogadons word that they haven't told him he's off....

And shouldn't the CEO  be thanking Tony like QPR's thanked Warburton?

It's not all on the owners this.....them 2 are up to something.

Mowbray claims not to do social media so probably thinks WhatsApp is a question.

He presumably has a phone so could call the Vs direct or through Suhail the C(onduit) or tell his mate Waggott to sort out clarity.

I simply do not believe this story.

The Vs are such good human beings who treasure family values and always contactable. Those are not my words. 

Save the sob stories until he takes the photos of his Ewood/Brockhall desk and leaves for real.

With all the 'leavings' where is this stability I hear that Mowbray has built up?

I expect airbrushing to continue apace.

• Like 4

Venky's do not have direct day to day contact with anyone at Rovers other than Suhail so I believe Mowbray when he says he has not had any discussions with them.

The Venky way has always been to discuss contracts face to face in India during the summer. I am not surprised by the current situation and I don't think Mowbray will be either.

It's obviously an outdated and arrogant way of dealing with employees but it's definitely not a surprise to anyone. Venky's won't be thinking about next season until Mowbray and Swag turn up in Pune. They both know how these owners work. Obviously, if Mowbray has decided he;s had enough he simply doesn't get on the plane.

• Like 1

You have to consider if there has been no contact then he didn't really want any he has his eye on something else.

He said himself why should he go to them if they don't come to him so there's been a mutual sulk by the sounds of it. Most of us assumed he wanted paying off last season but they were reluctant knowing his contract didn't have long to run.

The CEO should have been in public giving everybody clarity and saying thanks for the service so it just about sums him up as well. He shouldn't permission from Pune to do that and even if so a real bloke would've took it upon himself to do so. He's quick enough on the pitch to have his face photographed handing a cheque over or presenting a trophy.

Make no mistake that guy should be out the door as well, if he pulls off a good managerial appointment and refuses to deal with the usual dross agency i'll reconsider my opinion.

As for those just assuming good things are coming well we blew the best thing in over a decade in the last 4 months.  So no wonder they didn't make any contact with Mowbray, how would we all feel now if he was 3 months into a new 3 year deal ?

• Like 4

The narrative changes to suit.

Mowbray has most certainly claimed that he can contact the Vs direct and also that Suhail is readily available.

Believe what you want.

Waggott/Venus/Lowe/Benson - get rid in a clean sweep of all the trash,

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

Also - I know its all Venkys fault.

I expect that Family to own us for the lifetime of anyone reading this, whatever their current age, so those who expect to generate a connection using an aggressive approach will have as much success as pissing off a pier into the face of an inshore gale.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Also - I know its all Venkys fault.

I expect that Family to own us for the lifetime of anyone reading this, whatever their current age, so those who expect to generate a connection using an aggressive approach will have as much success as pissing off a pier into the face of an inshore gale.

`With reluctance, I fully agree.

It is what it is and it doesn't always need a sledgehammer to crack a nut!

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Mowbray's demeanour, behaviour and attitude this season, as well as the post January collapse are all enveloped in the following belief. That famous Alan Hansen saying:

"You can't win anything with kids".

Mowbray has been the embodiment of that this season and for a time before. I suspect that if any of us were to put that to him privately he would agree with that philosophy.

Many of us don't agree that this Rovers side are just kids who are inexperienced. Yeah, there are young players here but not as young as is made out. However, Mowbray seems to genuinely see them that way and he doesn't believe these type of players are capable of winning promotion. "We need men out there" has been said by him more than once. But they cost money, money that Venky's won't provide. I think that's why he wasn't even thinking about promotion when we were up there, as much as that infuriates the lot of us.

January is largely on the owners for not stumping up the money that was required, although Mowbray should have got us at least one striker in on loan. In the absence of funds to spend on promotion winning players, he packed it in on the promotion front years ago, not only this January, and went with "developing" these lads instead. The owners not providing a reasonable transfer kitty, particularly when the situation calls for it, is a big problem and will continue to be a problem for the next manager, unless they have a change of heart.

The decision to not renew his deal (as it seems) is the correct one, but the way it has been handled is disgusting and not befitting of this football club. It shows up the owners, or should I say Balaji, for what he is. An uninterested, flash coward.

There's something quite sad about the way this has all ended, from falling away like we have to how Mowbray has been left in the dark, and this is coming from someone who has been massively against Mowbray in recent months. I stand by most of what I have said about him, apart from likening him to Kean. I will take that back, as despite some snide comments, he isn't anywhere near as bad as that rat really.

The most frustrating thing about all of this is that this lot are supposed to be billionaires. Money isn't an issue to them, yet they have no idea how to use it when it comes to Rovers. Nobody's asking for City or PSG style spending. Just spend on a good manager for once and be in with a chance of receiving £120m in return.

It will never sink in until the poisonous agents are removed from the equation though. That Boro bastard agent is trying to tell them "you don't need to spend big and risk bankruptcy", allegedly, and we're trying to tell them spend a reasonable amount on a manager and players in order to receive a £120m prize. It doesn't add up, does it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Mowbray's demeanour, behaviour and attitude this season, as well as the post January collapse are all enveloped in the following belief. That famous Alan Hansen saying:

Mowbray has been the embodiment of that this season and for a time before. I suspect that if any of us were to put that to him privately he would agree with that philosophy.

Many of us don't agree that this Rovers side are just kids who are inexperienced. Yeah, there are young players here but not as young as is made out. However, Mowbray seems to genuinely see them that way and he doesn't believe these type of players are capable of winning promotion. "We need men out there" has been said by him more than once. But they cost money, money that Venky's won't provide. I think that's why he wasn't even thinking about promotion when we were up there, as much as that infuriates the lot of us.

January is largely on the owners for not stumping up the money that was required, although Mowbray should have got us at least one striker in on loan. In the absence of funds to spend on promotion winning players, he packed it in on the promotion front years ago, not only this January, and went with "developing" these lads instead. The owners not providing a reasonable transfer kitty, particularly when the situation calls for it, is a big problem and will continue to be a problem for the next manager, unless they have a change of heart.

The decision to not renew his deal (as it seems) is the correct one, but the way it has been handled is disgusting and not befitting of this football club. It shows up the owners, or should I say Balaji, for what he is. An uninterested, flash coward.

There's something quite sad about the way this has all ended, from falling away like we have to how Mowbray has been left in the dark, and this is coming from someone who has been massively against Mowbray in recent months. I stand by most of what I have said about him, apart from likening him to Kean. I will take that back, as despite some snide comments, he isn't anywhere near as bad as that rat really.

The most frustrating thing about all of this is that this lot are supposed to be billionaires. Money isn't an issue to them, yet they have no idea how to use it when it comes to Rovers. Nobody's asking for City or PSG style spending. Just spend on a good manager for once and be in with a chance of receiving £120m in return.

It will never sink in until the poisonous agents are removed from the equation though. That Boro bastard agent is trying to tell them "you don't need to spend big and risk bankruptcy", allegedly, and we're trying to tell them spend a reasonable amount on a manager and players in order to receive a £120m prize. It doesn't add up, does it?

Absolutely 'half right':

Kids?.....there's a few already in the first team squad and some absolute corkers waiting to come on in the wings. Make absolute no mistake, this next couple of years could be Blackburn Rovers equivalent of Sir Alex Ferguson's 'class of '92", if managed correctly!

I've already said my thoughts on Mowbray.

Agents?......they are the absolute parasitical scum of the earth and the absolute dearth of professional football in England (IMO).

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

. Make absolute no mistake, this next couple of years could be Blackburn Rovers equivalent of Sir Alex Ferguson's 'class of '92", if managed correctly!

Give over. They do ok but generally play teams with their best players out on loan.  Be lucky if one makes it into the first team.  

Who are you referring to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give over. They do ok but generally play teams with their best players out on loan.  Be lucky if one makes it into the first team.  

Who are you referring to?

I don't agree with the class of 92 quote, but I think, Jack Vale, Adam Wharton, Jake Batty and Ash Phillips have a good chance of making the first team, eventually. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

That Boro agent gets more of his clients on the books here the longer he has a man in place his % go up every year.

Some decent manager comes in with other connections, looks at Craigy boys list and says #### off.  Meanwhile a guy like Mowbray will keep dropping him the odd bit of regular business.

That's why we end up paying money for the likes of Pears and letting a player sit on his contract doing nothing but drain wages for 12 months whilst he waits to go to Hull.

There has always been influences down there who'd prefer midtable championship Rovers to last forever.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Absolutely 'half right':

Kids?.....there's a few already in the first team squad and some absolute corkers waiting to come on in the wings. Make absolute no mistake, this next couple of years could be Blackburn Rovers equivalent of Sir Alex Ferguson's 'class of '92", if managed correctly!

I've already said my thoughts on Mowbray.

Agents?......they are the absolute parasitical scum of the earth and the absolute dearth of professional football in England (IMO).

One of the youth team coaches, who is a client of mine, has said that he has never worked with youngsters as good as the current crop, in his life and expects huge things of them.

I hope he is right, as I love an academy player making it into the first team and standing out.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 8

On 01/05/2022 at 05:40, darrenrover said:

It would appear that Tony Mowbray is going to leave us this summer.

Whilst most (me included) would question his team selections, tactics, substitutions etc during his 5 year tenure, what cannot be questioned is his devotion to the club.

The club we now see is far removed from the one that was 5 years ago, Tony should take great credit for that transition, albeit we are not the finished article.

I feel that it is despicable that nobody at the club has had the good grace to sit down with Mowbray, discuss what went well, what went badly and more importantly on a personal level, say thanks, no thanks, we wish you well...or whatever. It's just shit!

So, with dignity, We're Blackburn Rovers Tony,

Thanks, Good luck and you left us in a much better place than when you found us.

Hopefully, onwards and upwards!......

Good grief, I can't believe Im reading that!

As you know Nick, I have the utmost respect and admiration for the selfless work that you and your colleagues have put in for the last 12-18 months trying to point the Club gently in the right direction but I couldn't disagree more strongly with the above.

Firstly Im not sure how anyone can say we're in a better place now than before Mowbray was appointed with the Club (or rather the owners) another £100m in debt and half the first team departing for nothing in the summer.

Secondly he's acted like he's doing everyone a favour by being here in the latter part of his reign, and he is actually  extremely lucky that the owners seem to have been  of the view that a contract is a contract and that he's been allowed to see his out despite runs of desperately disappointing results season after season. So to praise his "devotion" is a bit of a stretch to put it mildly.

Thirdly, and I think this is the most important point which I think everyone is completely missing, presumably Mowbray's contract ends on the usual date of 30th of June. The owners are under no obligation whatsoever to enter into contract negotiations at any minimum period prior to this date. Of course if they wanted him to stay but but left it until the day before his contract expired they'd run the risk of him getting fed up of waiting and having made alternative arrangements elsewhere but that's the risk they take.

The point is even more pertinent when you consider that we only knew for absolute certain what our fate would be on Saturday evening. Of course the Club COULD have announced at the end of January he was leaving at the end of the season no matter what or COULD have given him a new contract back at the end of January when we were doing well. However I'm guessing that very few people would have wanted him to get a new deal if we missed out on the play offs, conversely the vast majority would have been in favour of him getting a new deal of some sort had he taken us up and those same people would have thought to announce his departure in January harsh in the extreme. I think waiting until our fate was clear was exactly the right and  common sense thing to do and imo Mowbray has jumped the gun and pre-empted the Club to get everyone feeling sorry for him. (I've been told he's made the unilateral decision to retire anyway although how true that is I don't know)

Imo he's played everyone, the owners, the supporters, and the media like an absolute fiddle.

• Like 6

On 01/05/2022 at 15:26, tomphil said:

You have to consider if there has been no contact then he didn't really want any he has his eye on something else.

He said himself why should he go to them if they don't come to him so there's been a mutual sulk by the sounds of it. Most of us assumed he wanted paying off last season but they were reluctant knowing his contract didn't have long to run.

The CEO should have been in public giving everybody clarity and saying thanks for the service so it just about sums him up as well. He shouldn't permission from Pune to do that and even if so a real bloke would've took it upon himself to do so. He's quick enough on the pitch to have his face photographed handing a cheque over or presenting a trophy.

Make no mistake that guy should be out the door as well, if he pulls off a good managerial appointment and refuses to deal with the usual dross agency i'll reconsider my opinion.

As for those just assuming good things are coming well we blew the best thing in over a decade in the last 4 months.  So no wonder they didn't make any contact with Mowbray, how would we all feel now if he was 3 months into a new 3 year deal ?

100%.

On 01/05/2022 at 12:09, Leonard Venkhater said:

Compare this to the civilised joint press conference with Bill Fox and Don Mackay at the end of the latter's tenure.

The distinction between Mackay and Mowbray really couldn't be any starker though.

One has burnt through £100m quid + of the owners money to get us absolutely nowhere and leave us with half a first X1 for next year.

The other achieved far more on the pitch than the former did on I don't know, 1/50th of the budget? And then was moved aside because we had managed to land one of the greatest managers of all time.

Don seemed to take it very badly at the time and seems to have harboured a simmering resentment about the way he was treated ever since. Nevertheless that's business and surely no-one can deny it was for the best. All the same he fully deserved the gratitude and recognition for his commendable performance on a financial shoestring.

Mowbray?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

@RevidgeBlue you keep repeatedly saying that Mowbray has burnt through £100m of the owners money.

1. Why have you assumed in advance a loss of £36.5m in the 2022 accounts?

2. How can you possibly put down the general inefficient running of the club from the top down in a league whereby many teams make regular losses solely down to the manager, and compared to managers in a totally different financial landscape decades ago? 

He seems a bit miffed lately not that he hasnt been offered a new deal but that he hasnt been communicated to on the subject, a frustration shared by all previous managers under Venkys.

Edit: Apologies for a poor quality screenshots. Losses in the accounts of 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 are £6.6m, £21.9m, £18.2m and £16.8m respectively.

Screenshot_20220503-020527_Word.jpg

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@RevidgeBlue you keep repeatedly saying that Mowbray has burnt through £100m of the owners money.

1. Why have you assumed in advance a loss of £36.5m in the 2022 accounts?

2. How can you possibly put down the general inefficient running of the club from the top down in a league whereby many teams make regular losses solely down to the manager, and compared to managers in a totally different financial landscape decades ago? 

He seems a bit miffed lately not that he hasnt been offered a new deal but that he hasnt been communicated to on the subject, a frustration shared by all previous managers under Venkys.

Edit: Apologies for a poor quality screenshots. Losses in the accounts of 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 are £6.6m, £21.9m, £18.2m and £16.8m respectively.

Screenshot_20220503-020527_Word.jpg

Haven't read through the accounts you posted but does the 2021 figure include the notional £16m cash injection for the transfer of the training ground?

Without that losses for the 4 years would therefore have been £22.6, £21.9, £18.2 and £16.8 which is in line with what I've been saying.

C £20m p.a.

But you are putting those losses solely on the first team manager, they would pretty much the same whoever was in situ in this league, so if your argument is ‘he should’ve got us up to minimise those losses, but he’s crap, so didn’t’, fair enough, but he obviously hasn’t personally ‘burned £100 million’, as he isn’t at fault for the horrendous way they’ve run the club, or for keeping a man you think is so inept and snide on for five years.

He’s had mid table budgets for fees and wages and has finished mid table, does that mean he’s a good manager then? Not particularly, as the likes of Luton can show you can make a mockery of your budget in such a competitive league, but he obviously hasn’t ‘burned through £100 million’. VENKY’S have been burning their own cash for some unknown reason for 12 years now…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Oh my dear, I notice the LT mention that Lowe and Benson have contracts running, beyond 30th June 2022 ....what is it they know......

I hope one of the club plants has told Mowbray that his best friend's contract expires the same day as his.

Odd he didn't know that as he's taken it upon himself to announce other staff departures and what a big rebuild is needed. If that isn't a pop at Waggot I don't know what is.

Be gone.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1