BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think toilet is unfair 

But I do agree that his distribution was terrible. Hyam is head and shoulders above him 

Lenihan was a good player for us at a time when we needed him. I doubt he will ever get a promotion from this league though 

Possibly harsh but I blame Venkys. 

Absolutely agree on point 2.2

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Phillips isnt a direct replacement for a player 15 years or so his senior. He also has struggled when he has played, maybe he should be loaned out for the second half of the season.

Phillips doesn't need to be the direct replacement for Ayala. We also have Hyam, Wharton and Carter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Half way through the season, and genuine question as it sounds like there are more Tomasson Out than In. But curious to know what the overall fan base feels. stick or twist? Would you sack Him or keep him? and if so why?

I would keep Tomasson.

I hate making knee jerk decisions. It is only halfway through his first season, and although a lot of performances have been poor, we are third. Earlier in the season, people were asking our young players to show loyalty to the club by signing contracts. Loyalty works both ways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Half way through the season, and genuine question as it sounds like there are more Tomasson Out than In. But curious to know what the overall fan base feels. stick or twist? Would you sack Him or keep him? and if so why?

Deffo keep him. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson is doing a very good job in the overall circumstances. We are 3rd in the league at the halfway stage of the season. Every single Rovers Supporter would have took that if you would have offered at the start of the season. Yes he has made some mistakes and he has take responsible for them, But equally he deserved praises for bringing youth into the team and having us 3rd in the league. I do feel they were a massive overreaction to the previous 2 results against local rivals which seem to matter more than our overall league position. 

I’m undecided at the moment. There are lots of things going on with the team I don’t like. I can’t see us going down now so he’ll obviously get the rest of the season. Big improvements are needed before May for me to regain the enthusiasm I had when he was appointed. The manner of the two derby defeats was unacceptable as far as I’m concerned.

There is a difference between being upset, which we all had a right to be after two such horrendous performances and actually contemplating sacking a bloke, that in his first season has a non-parachute club with a middling budget 3rd in the table at Christmas.

(Obviously virtually nobody is contemplating it away from social media).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Two gutless surrenders in local derbies notwithstanding, he can point to the fact we've won the most games in the division. That's all that really matters. We've no divine right to expect exciting football, but he's made himself a hostage to fortune by promising it when he arrived. 

I'm actually looking forward to not capitulating in the new year, like his predecessor always did. Hopefully we can make a concerted effort to get in the play-offs. JDT's got us into a great position at the halfway stage. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I still can't believe this is even being discussed anywhere. Were 3rd in the league & 1 game off a cup QF, with a young thin squad which he had a little over 1 month to get to know before the season kicked off, and the games have come thicker & faster than ever before. He's new to the division and has had half a transfer window in which to improve the squad.

He has to be given more time to fashion the squad & style of play he was brought into the club for, surely?? Otherwise what was the point of appointing him in the 1st place!

Spot on.

• Like 1

Social media has led to such ridiculous overreactions - and if certainly isn’t just a Rovers phenomenon, I’m sad enough to scout around other forums and I bet pretty much every manager in this league has had a ‘sack him’ thread/posts this season already…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

What a gross overreaction there has been to a handful (maybe two) posters asking for Tomasson to be sacked. Lots of angst was shown after the Dingle demolition and Nobbers hammering and rightly so. Them two defeats were certainly not helped by his tactics and team selection, in fact against Nobbers he said the fans were right to jeer and feel disgruntled. But at no time has there been anything like any open dissent towards Tomasson at any game. Compare that to Norwich who would have gone third on Saturday had they won. After twenty minutes the rumblings started with 'Dean Smith, your football is shite' and 'we want Deano out' chants from many of their supporters. This is a yoyo club who just have hugely benefited from Sky money and parachute payments. My point is football fans are generally the same wherever you go and we are no different. 

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead

I’m glad the last two posters can see the light thankfully. People were absolutely fuming about two consecutive no-shows and put the blame on the manager for forcing us to play a certain way, as it costs us goals. To be fair, there were maybe a handful of posters questioning the gospel according to JDT and his position. But ironically, it was an over reaction to an over reaction and people decided fans were jumping the gun in wanting the manager gone. When barely anyone called for his head, more they were fuming that we played so badly and avoidably against two of our most local rivals….

• Like 3

On 19/12/2022 at 12:56, roversfan99 said:

Even on here, I bet if you did a poll, only the odd exception at most would not want Tomasson out. Lots of posts on social media biting back at those calling for the managers head as if it was a widespread thing, when it wasnt even after 2 batterings to local rivals.

?

The stupidest thing about it all is how these people accusing fans of perceived over reaction can't seem to see the hypocrisy of their own attacks.

Football fans will always react like football fans yet a few have it down that it only happens at Rovers.

What's the difference then between the stuff already on the Sun'land forums about Mowbray ?  He's only been there 5 mins and the are saying all the same stuff that was said on here over the last few years.  Then there in Norwich fans refusing to get behind their side then getting on their backs throughout a game.

That's seemingly all ok i suppose.

• Like 2

I’m rooting for JDT I really am but I just can’t help think something is missing and my god I’ve not felt this depressed watching us since the couple/kean days. 

We win games and it makes me give JDT a chance to think he could be soemthing but when we loose it’s like the lowest feeling…tbh even when we win I’m not convinced. 

I’m hoping it’s a slow burner and with a few new players in and getting rid of the deadwood we may become dominent in games…Next summer will be interesting as I don’t think we will do anything in January.

Either way we sit 3rd which is the mentalist thing ever.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Not blaming him too much tonight there was always going to be wholsesale changes which i think was right. We still managed to see one key player limping off who'd only come on as a sub. These games are a lottery if you want to keep a fit squad and do well in the league.

So players get their chance to stake a claim but not many did tonight, the gaffer can't be blamed for the rucks Wharton made which cost the goals. What he can and needs to do though is get to grips with the fact Mola and Hirst are nowhere near the required standard.

We've seen enough now.