BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

53 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What was the reaction from the Rovers fans at the end of the game? Has JDT lost the crowd? 

There were boos from the one that were left. I spoke to a few long standing supporters coming out who were critical of the style of play he is imposing on us. Tomasson shook hands with his Rotherham counterpart and promptly disappeared down the tunnel with not even a glance towards the fans he wants to apologise to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There were boos from the one that were left. I spoke to a few long standing supporters coming out who were critical of the style of play he is imposing on us. Tomasson shook hands with his Rotherham counterpart and promptly disappeared down the tunnel with not even a glance towards the fans he wants to apologise to.

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'd read him comments but I meant he should, in my opinion  have come towards the supporters in some apologetic gesture. The players did and I would have liked some acknowledgement of it from him rather than an interview in an empty stadium. I really do think he has a massive ego with arrogance to match. 

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'd read him comments but I meant he should, in my opinion  have come towards the supporters in some apologetic gesture. The players did and I would have liked some acknowledgement of it from him rather than an interview in an empty stadium. I really do think he has a massive ego with arrogance to match. 

I knew what you meant, I was just posting it for you in case you'd missed it. 

The one with the BBC is worse. He just manages to suppress a little smirk. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

Think some are burying their heads in the sand - 'he needs more time', 'our recruitment set-up is newly formed'.

Sh1te, sh1te, sh1te and more sh1te.

IMO, we have, in addition to our owners, three huge problems - Waggott, Broughton and JDT.

I've seen enough on the field of play, in our transfer dealings and in the management of existing players' contracts.

I think we are spineless, passionless, boring and hopeless out on the grass.

If Hirst was our number one striking target in the summer then that in itself is a sackable offence for JDT and Broughton.  Add to that the almost as inept Mola, 'Posh pulled our knickers down Szmodics' and the most overrated and underwhelming Morton (and I don't give a feck even if Liverpool have given him a new contract - I trust my own judgement) then that is a window that stinks.

Add to that the new four or five years contracts doled out to Buckley and Travis and you could be forgiven for thinking lunatics had taken over the asylum.

I think we are a total feckin shambles with appalling senior management (Waggott, Broughton and JDT) who are simply not up to it.

Got friends round tonight who are Burnley fans and I will get unmercifully ripped for 20 minutes or so.  It's embarrassing.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think some are burying their heads in the sand - 'he needs more time', 'our recruitment set-up is newly formed'.

Sh1te, sh1te, sh1te and more sh1te.

IMO, we have, in addition to our owners, three huge problems - Waggott, Broughton and JDT.

I've seen enough on the field of play, in our transfer dealings and in the management of existing players' contracts.

I think we are spineless, passionless, boring and hopeless out on the grass.

If Hirst was our number one striking target in the summer then that in itself is a sackable offence for JDT and Broughton.  Add to that the almost as inept Mola, 'Posh pulled our knickers down Szmodics' and the most overrated and underwhelming Morton (and I don't give a feck even if Liverpool have given him a new contract - I trust my own judgement) then that is a window that stinks.

Add to that the new four or five years contracts doled out to Buckley and Travis and you could be forgiven for thinking lunatics had taken over the asylum.

I think we are a total feckin shambles with appalling senior management (Waggott, Broughton and JDT) who are simply not up to it.

Got friends round tonight who are Burnley fans and I will get unmercifully ripped for 20 minutes or so.  It's embarrassing.  

Ye, but the owners are shit 😄

Sack him tomorrow and the next fella will still be playing a team full of ‘development’ players ( so it’s wildly inconsistent week to week as a matter of course) - as that’s what the club will insist on. 

Once you realise that this club is unlike pretty much every other professional football club, I.e they exist to win as many games as they can with the resources they have, then it all makes much more sense.

• Like 6

I agree that wouldn't matter who the manager is, or whether we sacked JDT or not.

Given the constraints under which they all operate, the result would be the same eventually.

JDT will probably get fed up at some point before his contacts up and look for another project.

We 'll find someone else but the outcome will be the same. We'll lose another few hundred season-ticket holders, more local kids will look to Manchester and Liverpool for inspiration and the rest of us will live on our memories.

We'll spend most of our time as a middling Championship club with the odd season in Div 1 and the odd promotion to the Championship to spice things up for a while.

The size and frequency of our defeats this season is truly alarming. I can't believe we are really that bad. So something's very wrong. We'll be breathing a sigh of relief when we somehow get to 51 points.

Not a good day to be a Rover.

• Like 3

I suspect he isn't good enough but since he hasn't been backed in a full window yet it's very difficult to tell and currently the blame still lies with the owners, CEO and the Directer of Football for failing to get results behind the scenes.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Should we get Lowe in?

Is that Jason Lowe? Couldn't be worse than the current apology for a midfield. Broughton is way out of his depth judging by the recruitment so far. Questions also need to be asked about Remy who presided over an utter shambles of a team at Sheff Wed a few years ago. Jdt had a couple of good seasons at Malmo but has nothing else on his managerial cv. I get the impression he's very much in his own comfort zone. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alcd said:

Is that Jason Lowe? Couldn't be worse than the current apology for a midfield. Broughton is way out of his depth judging by the recruitment so far. Questions also need to be asked about Remy who presided over an utter shambles of a team at Sheff Wed a few years ago. Jdt had a couple of good seasons at Malmo but has nothing else on his managerial cv. I get the impression he's very much in his own comfort zone. 

Anybody who thinks you can tip tap your way out of this league is deluded. Rotherham showed what’s required. Lots of hard running, pressing like you actually mean it, getting the ball out of your half and into your opponents half asap, shooting on sight etc.

This lot are slow learners. Giving them money to sign players - I have my reservations there also. I’ve got to be honest - if I opened this morning paper and read that JDT had resigned I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody who thinks you can tip tap your way out of this league is deluded. Rotherham showed what’s required. Lots of hard running, pressing like you actually mean it, getting the ball out of your half and into your opponents half asap, shooting on sight etc.

This lot are slow learners. Giving them money to sign players - I have my reservations there also. I’ve got to be honest - if I opened this morning paper and read that JDT had resigned I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest. 

It really isn't that difficult is it.

JDT doesn't know what he's doing. 

• Like 2