BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we were turned down by farke,carvalho and everyone else who had an interview!!!!!!!was`nt jdt approached on the off chance he`d just left malmo,this next manager search should be fun🤣

Honestly, if you turned up for an interview and swag was sitting there would you take the job?

I'd just turn round and walk away as soon as I saw his lazy, incompetent mug looking at me.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we were turned down by farke,carvalho and everyone else who had an interview!!!!!!!was`nt jdt approached on the off chance he`d just left malmo,this next manager search should be fun🤣

Big Dunc revealed the other day that he came close to landing the Rovers and Boro jobs in the summer. Of course he did. Not doubting what he has said or a slight on him, just that I don't like what it possibly suggests.

Personally, that says enough for me as to what we can expect should JDT leave. It'll be somebody like Woodgate, who will probably be grateful for the opportunity and jump at the chance to take on the 'project'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

had it on good authority that jdt is seriously p*****d off with the situation,i fully expect him to see it out to early april then announce he`s off at the end of the season,no manager can work under conditions like he`s doing,he`ll probably resurface somewhere in germany,belgium or holland,i for one would not blame him,i don`t like his team set ups but maybe thats because he has`nt been able to bring in the players he wants

No surprise there. I would be furious if I was him. I really can’t see him staying on and will be very surprised if he doesn’t walk, once the play off chance  has disappeared. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Big Dunc revealed the other day that he came close to landing the Rovers and Boro jobs in the summer. Of course he did. Not doubting what he has said or a slight on him, just that I don't like what it possibly suggests.

Personally, that says enough for me as to what we can expect should JDT leave. It'll be somebody like Woodgate, who will probably be grateful for the opportunity and jump at the chance to take on the 'project'.

I don’t know wether Dunc was close to landing the Rovers job but I would have thought he was under consideration.

31 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I've really wanted to believe that JDT would eventually come good. 

I've now decided that he's just not very good at his job. 

The standard of football he's producing is atrocious. 

he`s very naive thinking he can play the type of football he wants with the players he`s got,hence the terrible football we are seeing

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s very naive thinking he can play the type of football he wants with the players he`s got,hence the terrible football we are seeing

But these players don't seem to be able to play any football, consistently. Tonight, they didn't take their chances again.

You can't blame the manager for misfiring strikers that weren't signed on his watch.

He's obviously told his employers they aren't good enough but hasn't been backed.

• Like 1

Well I'm convinced JDT will do well to last the season and will walk before next season starts.

I wanted him to get the rest of this season and next summer and see how he got on next season with time and backing behind him but the Clubs conduct in the January window has torpedoed that. This has proven that there is no plan, no project, no ambition and that even when we find ourselves in a good league position they won't back the team to try and get the job done.

JDTs interview tonight tells us everything - he's been let down and it is almost laughable to think we've reduced our squad size and options.

So it won't be long before we can discuss which dreary desperate name comes next willing to put up with Venky shenanigans every window.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I missed his pre match interview. What did he say?

Said O'Brien was an excellent player but we let go Hirst and Markanday go, two forwards, and the answer from recruitment was to sign a midfielder.

Rovers have cut that part of his interview that they've published. His usual smile was missing.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well I'm convinced JDT will do well to last the season and will walk before next season starts.

I wanted him to get the rest of this season and next summer and see how he got on next season with time and backing behind him but the Clubs conduct in the January window has torpedoed that. This has proven that there is no plan, no project, no ambition and that even when we find ourselves in a good league position they won't back the team to try and get the job done.

JDTs interview tonight tells us everything - he's been let down and it is almost laughable to think we've reduced our squad size and options.

So it won't be long before we can discuss which dreary desperate name comes next willing to put up with Venky shenanigans every window.

Or we’ll wake up one morning to see the Chicken Chokers have appointed somebody that nobody on this site had even considered for the job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, booth said:

Said O'Brien was an excellent player but we let go Hirst and Markanday go, two forwards, and the answer from recruitment was to sign a midfielder.

Rovers have cut that part of his interview that they've published. His usual smile was missing.

You just know he has said "Hirst can go, but you get a replacement in." We haven't (we never do). Like JHR I think he'll walk ala Lambert at the end of the season. He'll have built too much pride during his glittering career to waste years here like Mowbray did.

• Like 3

Unlike Mowbray he won't hang around whilst surrounding himself with his mates he'll be off to a nice job back abroad.

Although we need to decide are we gutted if he does or relieved because he isn't really up to it here ?

There's a lot of double standards creeping in.

• Like 1

I can see the following happen:

1. He walks into a European job at the end of the season. Reputation intact, can point the finger at the failings of the club and broken promises

or...

2. He gives the club an ultimatum to either make the necessary investment (players, pitch etc). I think we know how that will go.

Clutching at straws but if anything good can come of this utter cluster **** it could be that the owners/cub finally do get pushed into action.

Edited by Trinidad Rover

6 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I can see the following happen:

1. He walks into a European job at the end of the season. Reputation intact, can point the finger at the failings of the club and broken promises

or...

2. He gives the club an ultimatum to either make the necessary investment (players, pitch etc). I think we know how that will go.

Clutching at straws but if anything good can come of this utter cluster **** it could be that the owners/cub finally do get pushed into action.

Will they give him respect due to his history in the game?

Doubt it. Their respect for the clubs history is in the toilet.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, booth said:

Will they give him respect due to his history in the game?

Doubt it. Their respect for the clubs history is in the toilet.

You can argue they already haven't. That I find very frustrating - attracting people of his calibre to the club was hard enough, after this I imagine impossible. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

You can argue they already haven't. That I find very frustrating - attracting people of his calibre to the club was hard enough, after this I imagine impossible. 

I am not bothered about the caliber of a manager, I want the manager to make Blackburn Rovers successful.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I’d prefer see a coach who isn't scared to change things, having a proper go (attacking with intent) at home especially against a team who is bottom of the league, his calibre means nothing when we are churning out performances like this.

• Like 1