BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

JDT currently 5th favourite for the Celtic job (10/1). Nice to have our manager actually doing a job that means he gets linked with other clubs for a change. 

Only Maresca, Rodgers, Knudsen and Moyes shorter in the betting.

I can't see them going for JDT with some of the other names on the list.

Mowbray and Allardyce at 100/1.

All the links kinda make me think him or his agent are putting his name out there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Rather worrying he seems to be linked in the top 5 for every and any job.

Word is obviously out that he's available should someone offer something.

Changed his agent in the new year, didn't he?

Hoping that it's all leverage for when he stands in front of Mrs D, cap in hand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

JDT doesn't strike me as the kind of person to go cap in hand to anyone, let alone the repulsive creatures that are venkys.

I have never known anyone who doesn't defer to their bosses.

Football isn’t a normal industry, the money and profile higher level players and managers have gives them power.

JDT had walked before and his agent already seems busy, so I doubt he’ll be showing undue homage at the Pune Palace.

Edited by Mattyblue

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

Rather worrying he seems to be linked in the top 5 for every and any job.

Word is obviously out that he's available should someone offer something.

I'd be more worried if he was not linked to vacant jobs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Football isn’t a normal industry, the money and profile higher level players and managers have gives them power.

JDT had walked before and his agent already seems busy, so I doubt he’ll be showing undue homage at the Pune Palace.

When is the trip to India taking place? Or will it be cancelled like so many others in the past? 

PSV was the one where it felt like a sure thing he'd go. 

If Leicester are genuinely interested I think he's gone. 

Sampdoria and playing in Serie B. That would be a mad move. Feel Leeds fall into the same category but would obviously have a greater appeal. 

Celtic I think would be 50/50. 

At the end of the day though, we don't know how many of the clubs have genuine interest. He's an easy name to link to any club at the moment, so half of these could just be click bait. I'm 70% certain he'll still be with us at the start of the season. 

The biggest worry I have is that we want to progress. If we start the season with a bang, some of this tepid interest will turn into something more tangible once the managerial merry-go-round begins. 

4 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I have read the full article and he is one of many names mentioned. I read yesterday that Leicester wanted Gerrard as their next manager. Plenty of names mention like Dean Smith, Steven Gerrard, Patrick Vieira, Adi Hutter, Scott Parker, JDT, Ralph Hasenhuttl, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, Daniel Farke and Rafa Benitez. 

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Feyenoord you mean?  

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

I think it's safe to say that JDT's (new) agent has been very busy hawking his name around to all and sundry,

It would appear that way.

Perhaps GB should have a word with JDT to see if he intends to hang around.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Feyenoord you mean?  

I think Feyenoord was what the poster meant, but not to worry, as both Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven have sorted out managers, now.

I think it's down to Leicester City and Leeds United, and whether either would be interested in Tomasson. The former has been rejected by Potter, so they're going to be looking elsewhere, and it looks like the latter are on the verge of sorting out ownership, so you'd expect them to be targetting who they want, too.

Hopefully, neither of them are looking this way. I'm more worried about whether Tomasson is actually going to India to meet the owners or not. If he doesn't go, I think that might be the first indicator of how he feels about being here.

14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think Feyenoord was what the poster meant, but not to worry, as both Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven have sorted out managers, now.

I think it's down to Leicester City and Leeds United, and whether either would be interested in Tomasson. The former has been rejected by Potter, so they're going to be looking elsewhere, and it looks like the latter are on the verge of sorting out ownership, so you'd expect them to be targetting who they want, too.

Hopefully, neither of them are looking this way. I'm more worried about whether Tomasson is actually going to India to meet the owners or not. If he doesn't go, I think that might be the first indicator of how he feels about being here.

I think either Parker or Farke will get the Leeds job and either Gerrard or Smith for Leicester. 

Maybe JDT and GB have already been to India this week.