BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Surely it can only be Broughton or Waggott who have silenced him today. If so what are they afraid of.

That is a really worrying development for me.

Yeah - clear flag that he is about to quit. Things have not been going well generally, and from his perspective this is a good moment to go as if he is questioned about leaving Rovers in the future he can point to players from being sold under him and not replaced. If he sticks around and leaves later it will be much muddier. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

I’ve HEARD last night that JDT was fuming about Wharton leaving as the entire way of playing was built round a central pivot point. Unhappy with the signings and the club probably (my guess) knew that in the current circumstances his interview wouldn’t be well received by fans and would only cause more negativity. He was not a happy man last night apparently.

It's a surprise he's still here to be honest. I thought he would have walked by now. He can't need the money so I'm not sure what's keeping him at Ewood except pride and perhaps a desire to see the season out.

I also don't understand why he puts up with the coach / DoF model either. He's be far better for himself and the club as an old fashioned manager with responsibility for signings and coaching

• Like 5

I’ve read a few times that JDT will not get sacked as we can’t afford to.

I’d bet my bollocks that if he did an interview and said anything remotely critical of the owners he’d be out of work within an hour. Whenever they have been questioned publicly or privately it’s been the end result. Perhaps gagging him was the only way to stop this happening.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24093905.blackburn-rovers-block-tomasson-speaking-media/

We don't know the details and posters are quite rightly speculating, but this looks like another all time low under these owners. 

Way out of the norm...something is going down here ( not just the club btw!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

I’ve HEARD last night that JDT was fuming about Wharton leaving as the entire way of playing was built round a central pivot point. Unhappy with the signings and the club probably (my guess) knew that in the current circumstances his interview wouldn’t be well received by fans and would only cause more negativity. He was not a happy man last night apparently.

Ties in with us nearly crashing the McGuire deal by insisting Palace loaned Wharton back. Probably JDT threatened to kick off, so they went back to Palace and said they had to loan back. Palace said deal off. Then we caved.

JDT seems like a pretty reasonable guy. Said he signed up to have a DOF etc so knew not controlling transfers came with the territory. But the moving goal posts with the indian capital controls must just seem total clown town to him (as it does to us).

It's really a great opportunity for him to jump now. If he is weighing it up with us in 18th, all the turmoil at the club, and the battering his reputation is taking he's got a bit of a get out of jail card now. Can paint this season as entirely about the Indian court shit show and talk up finishing a point outside the playoffs last year as his key Rovers CV achievenment... While I doubt he would get a job above our level, he should be able to find a good equivalent one in a few months given the sack race.

I can't see why he would stay.

Edit - can't see him being sacked due to payoff. And to quit he needs to accept losing out on his remaining contract. But as said he should find an equivalent okay so its not really that much of a risk for him. Maybe lose a few months pay.

JDT goes and relegation is definitely on as we will be in total disarray. 

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

This has Pasha’s grubby mitts all over it. Storming in to issue the “no transfers with fees, no contracts past the end of the season” edict, then getting wind of the likelihood that the club gets bashed for the policy. The guy is rotten, clearly.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ties in with us nearly crashing the McGuire deal by insisting Palace loaned Wharton back. Probably JDT threatened to kick off, so they went back to Palace and said they had to loan back. Palace said deal off. Then we caved.

JDT seems like a pretty reasonable guy. Said he signed up to have a DOF etc so knew not controlling transfers came with the territory. But the moving goal posts with the indian capital controls must just seem total clown town to him (as it does to us).

It's really a great opportunity for him to jump now. If he is weighing it up with us in 18th, all the turmoil at the club, and the battering his reputation is taking he's got a bit of a get out of jail card now. Can paint this season as entirely about the Indian court shit show and talk up finishing a point outside the playoffs last year as his key Rovers CV achievenment... While I doubt he would get a job above our level, he should be able to find a good equivalent one in a few months given the sack race.

I can't see why he would stay.

I presume he’s been planning on leaving since the budget was cut, maybe staying until the  end of the season in respect to the players and us fans.

The activities over the last week may have just tipped him over the edge and who can blame him.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I presume he’s been planning on leaving since the budget was cut, maybe staying until the  end of the season in respect to the players and us fans.

The activities over the last week may have just tipped him over the edge and who can blame him.

I imagine he was of the view to "see how it goes". Unfortunately he has now seen how it has gone.

• Like 1

Also worth noting, may well have been lost in all the drama of yday that McGuire currently isn’t match fit as he was only just part way through pre season with Orlando. Could well be another 2/3 weeks before he’s fit enough to start a game, which leaves us paying £700k for a 10 week loan.

• Like 4

If he leaves now, he's lost a lot of respect from me. No matter how hard done by you feel, stick with it until the end of the season, you've just signed your fabled striker and some experience, better than most cash-strapped clubs, you love the fans or so you say - keep us up and walk head held high, then stick the boot into the owners and CEO on the way out, NDA depending.

He's just another moody ex-pro throwing his toys out of the pram. Yeah, we're all fucked off by the Venky's, but do your job for the squad you have. 

If he's upset at Wharton leaving, has he been living under a rock? Maybe the reason why we've been shipping so many goals is we're hedging all our bets on a 19 year old kid who is/was still learning to deal with the physicalities of the league. Poor management for me that. 

Some people think it's great he "tells it like it is" and that he's not afraid to upset the apple cart, I think it creates issues within the squad and is irresponsible - a manager is meant to protect the players, not constantly undermine them. 

I have a soft spot for him as he's brought some identity back to the club, the cup runs, his charisma, and I'd love him in a world of no consequences or reactions to spill the beans, but come on, the man is arrogant, you can see that by the way he refuses to change the way we play even when we're clearly under the cosh and regardless of the opposition. 

A sad day if true all round. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, DackDackGoose said:

Devils advocate, i doubt he's built a squad/teams style of play around having one 19 year old (relatively untested at start of season) who can play the pivot role with no backup. Must of been promised another CM though that isn't unfit. Reason enough

Ayari is of similar ‘qualities’, albeit not the same level. The club he works for has earned £30million in transfer revenue and spent £1million of it. He’s ambitious and finished in our highest championship position since relegation last year. A normal functioning club would’ve packed someone who is clearly a very good first team coach. We have refused to, and come summer it will back to loans and freebies and a ‘do something with that lot’ job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Give your head a wobble. I'm amazed he's still here. The 'project' he was promised is complete nonsense and our CEO (who is the one of the most incompetent men to walk this earth) has openly stated our ambition is to just stay up.

Give your head a wobble, stay in your job and keep us up. Fuck the project. 

It’s worrying what is going on for me and that the club could be in real danger, in terms of JDT leaving is he really that good of a manager? I for one am sick of this tippy teapot out of the back, score more goals than the opposition football. 1 win in 11 

• Like 1

We are definitely in the pro Venky (20 mill a year!!!) , GB (Done a wonderful job with no budget)

versus

The pro JDT (best coach we've had under this lot)

Out in social media land today, great window apparently he's got everything he wanted so can't moan.

This fanbase ... 🫣

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

JDT said in an interview last week about Adam that it would be hard for him to turn down a chance to play in the PL, and that the chance might come sooner rather than later. Also, we’ve been chasing McGuire and O’Riordon for ages, which he would be well aware of. He got shut of the unhappy Travis, who he didn’t rate, and two experienced players have been brought in. So, a lot for him to be happy about, apart from AW leaving. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would you stick in a job where the goalposts have moved and promises have been broken, especially if you feel like you can get another job and the current job might further damage your reputation? @Groundhog

Signed your fabled striker? He asked for proven goalscorers not a 22 year old unfit MLS loanee. 

How many managers down the years have had to work with fuck-all and stuck at it? Ex-players like Lambert only seem to care about their reputation, not our league position. I've been a manager and hated some of the places I've worked, in total disagreement with those in charge, but I never threw my toys out of the pram leaving my team in the shit. 

I totally understand his reasons and the whole goal-post shift, but he needs to be careful, he'll struggle to get jobs if he is so outspoken. Who's he doing it for? His own pride, the fans? We'll have nothing left if he walks. We love it how he's clearly speaking out at Waggott, the bus jibes, his want for players - but what is it achieving? No wonder the squad look like they've downed tools. I'd rather he concentrated on making us hard to score against first, maybe coach a few set pieces himself perhaps.

Like someone else said, it's not as if we can gain anything from how frank he's being, they'll make him sign an NDA. He can never tell us the whole story anyway. 

Edited by Groundhog

I wouldn't cry if he was to leave as been unimpressed with the results and performances on the pitch at home all season. We don't have the players for his system and his approach is far too naive and open for the championship.

It is a shame that the club won't let him come out and speak the truth about the utter shambolic way its run though. He's gone up in my estimation if that was his plan.

• Like 2