BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

For me, he’s the best manager we have had since Big Sam. He gave us hope, dared to dream and connected with the fan base, for once an honest man who told it as it was. Unless this shit show is the beginning of the end for Swag and forces the Raos to sell, we will have lost our best hope and a talent manager for nowt. Thank you and farewell Jon, you did your best to deliver our Rovers back to the downbeaten fan base.

Stopped reading at the dingle quote dare to dream 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I liked Sam, he did a great job at Bolton and he was on the way to doing a great job at Rovers. I knew we were in big trouble the day they sacked him.  Having said that I think he’s had his day to be honest. The game has moved on. Would he have kept us up - maybe, maybe not. He couldn’t keep WBA in the Prem.

That was a much more difficult task than keeping Rovers in the Championship...

WE are not in the bottom 3 , yet !

You are probably right , he hasn't managed for while ...

44 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Think it's a weird move for a supposedly ambitious manager at his age. With the best will in the world it's a struggle for Sweden to even qualify for tournaments these days, let alone do anything in any. Should have stuck around in England and backed himself to get to the Prem with a better run Championship club than ours.

With all the goodwill in the world , he wouldn't get many suitors in England ..

Part time job , travelling the world, no pressure  in that with Sweden ..

I wish him well  but glad he has gone !

• Like 4

After the pressure cooker here it's a great job to slip into he'll do it for a few years then go and manage another big Scandi club probably.

Doubt we'll see him in England again unless there is a water tight budget at an ambitious club but who knows football is a funny business.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Excellent post Tony.

Best manager under this lot by a country mile and they found a way to bollox it up.

He took them by surprise last season almost finishing in the playoffs, that having lost key players in the summer too. They couldn't allow that to happen again and here we are.

I wish him all the best for the future, he's been treated appallingly by the club, a club I don't recognise any longer. 

In desperate times, it appears we actually agree for once mate ☺️😉

• Like 2

Yes there'll be a hell of a lot of damage limitation being prepped by the PR/media guys.

Meanwhile Waggot/Suhail are probably promising Eustace all sorts of things on behalf of the owners so i hope he gets written evidence of it then he can sue them when it becomes clear they've lied.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wonder if he's refusing to sign an NDA and that is holding things up ?

Wouldn't it be fantastic if someone finally really spilled the beans.

It would indeed, what a legend if he were to forego the cash and sing like a canary !

• Like 9

In the absence of any news to the contrary presume slimy twat Broughton will be keeping his head down and will emerge unscathed when someone is appointed by which time another abysmal transfer window and the Mcguire fiasco will be conveniently forgotten?

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In the absence of any news to the contrary presume slimy twat Broughton will be keeping his head down and will emerge unscathed when someone is appointed by which time another abysmal transfer window and the Mcguire fiasco will be conveniently forgotten?

If he's staying his next interview will take some stomaching.

The RPU* has not got public with any names of who's been chosen out of a considerable lineup to be the fall guy's

*Rovers Propaganda Unit 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Just a thought. Jon, Remy and Rosen work as a team. If he gets the Swedish job, he will probably take these guys with him. Would he also bring GB? GB has great experience and knowledge about scandinavian football?

I very much doubt it.

Just now, Danishfan said:

Just a thought. Jon, Remy and Rosen work as a team. If he gets the Swedish job, he will probably take these guys with him. Would he also bring GB? GB has great experience and knowledge about scandinavian football?

OMG, I hope so in the case of GB.

The other 2 will presumably leave Rovers at the same time as JDT after their payoff. That could be what's delaying it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You really don't like GB.

I think the DOF model here was always going to end in failure, with Venky's always causing issues. Most of the things Gregg has introduced behind the scenes have been good but they were still only trying to correct the previous 12 years of mismanagement.

With us now going for Eustace it looks like the entire model the club were adopting with a playing identity from the kids team upwards has been jettisoned, so I am not sure it is worthwhile it is for him to stay.