BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Lancashire derby, relegation decider (for Wigan at least).

Neither team is busting a gut to win this and it's very scrappy. Bowler subbed off after an hour looking disinterested.

Wigan are greater Manchester?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's simply not happening - we fucked up the January transfer window by not bringing in a goal scorer, it's been a slow slide down the league since. 

Just enjoy the progress we've made and hope JDT stays and is backed in the summer. 

It’s been a very slow slide:

At the end of the window we were in the playoffs by 1 point (having played a game more than 7th place)

We’re now out of the playoffs on goal difference (with 2 games in hand of 6th place)

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s been a very slow slide:

At the end of the window we were in the playoffs by 1 point (having played a game more than 7th place)

We’re now out of the playoffs on goal difference (with 2 games in hand of 6th place)

We had the opportunity to put ourselves 7 points clear of the chasing pack with a win at Birmingham...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's simply not happening - we fucked up the January transfer window by not bringing in a goal scorer, it's been a slow slide down the league since. 

Just enjoy the progress we've made and hope JDT stays and is backed in the summer. 

I personally don’t think we will either but I’d like to us at least take it down to the last game. Starting 11 is key tonight, we need to be at them from the start.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't recognise Greater Manchester considering Lancashire County Cricket Club's ground is located in Manchester. 

Historical and cultural vandalism in 1974 by Heath’s government to reduce ‘Lancashire’ to the present rump.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We had the opportunity to put ourselves 7 points clear of the chasing pack with a win at Birmingham...

I’d agree we’ve had a recent slide, but not one that’s been happening since the end of the window.

Clearly a better window could have resulted us being in a better position now…

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Results have been mixed this weekend. At least Norwich and PNE lost. Can put ourselves three points inside the POs tonight. If we can’t beat Hull then I can’t see us getting much out of the remaining fixtures

Yep, and if we can’t beat Hull at home we don’t deserve to be in the play offs either.

• Like 1

The ever-optimist in me harks back to 1991/92 season. Could history repeat itself?

We lost 6 league games on the trot in March and April (coinciding with Newell's injury absence) and the crawled across the playoff line in 6th after that glorious win at Plymouth on the last day. The rest is history as they say.

When Newell came back and linked with Speedie for the last 5 games there were goals in the line up.

I'm not at all confident we've got those result changing goals in the team this season though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, because of boxing day said:

The ever-optimist in me harks back to 1991/92 season. Could history repeat itself?

We lost 6 league games on the trot in March and April (coinciding with Newell's injury absence) and the crawled across the playoff line in 6th after that glorious win at Plymouth on the last day. The rest is history as they say.

When Newell came back and linked with Speedie for the last 5 games there were goals in the line up.

I'm not at all confident we've got those result changing goals in the team this season though.

If we had the quality of Newell and Speedie upfront I'd believe we could go up. Gallagher would struggle in League 2 and Brereton has gone backwards a few years.

Which of our current players would get in the 91/92 team?

8 hours ago, booth said:

If we had the quality of Newell and Speedie upfront I'd believe we could go up. Gallagher would struggle in League 2 and Brereton has gone backwards a few years.

A fully fit Dack ....

Adam Wharton would benefit , from the players around him so 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

A fully fit Dack ....

Adam Wharton would benefit , from the players around him so 2.

They would both be no better than bench warmers in the 91/92 team. Adam is no Sid Cowans (yet) and Dack is no Speedie. Can't see any other player they would displace from that side either. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, booth said:

On form up until the World Cup break Kaminsky for Mimms would be a close call. I was never Bobby's biggest fan.

Other than that, none.

• Like 1