BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Even if other results go in our favour, I can't see us getting 6 points from the last 2 games

We struggle to score goals and seem incapable of defending narrow leads and are hopeless at chasing a game when we go behind. 

The already thin squad is down to bare bones because of injuries and poor form - there are players being picked because they're the last man standing in some cases when some should be rested or dropped

Tomasson's hands are tied and all he can do is shuffle a weak and depleted pack, and hope for the best

After a season that promised so much that's all we're left with

We will most likely finish same as last year with similar points.

However I don't feel that does justice to the season which has been the best since we went down more than a decade ago.

I feel much more positive about next season than I felt a year ago.

However I do worry about whether the admin's policy of driving spectators away will succeed.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

However I don't feel that does justice to the season which has been the best since we went down more than a decade ago.

However I do worry about whether the admin's policy of driving spectators away will succeed.

And factor in two very good cup runs, going further on the League and FA Cups than we have for years. Your last sentence is my worry too.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, davulsukur said:

How does the parachute payments work? Dingles on twitter have been quick to point out that they won't get any because they have gone straight back up again. 

Assume they just got one last payment from the PL and the parachute payments would have kicked in at the end of this season, if they failed to go up?

you get 3 years of parachute payments they will have received around £ 40m this year they would have been due £35m next season and £15m the year after had they not been promoted this year.

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

Good morning and welcome to today’s straw clutching.

Unfortunately, the, ‘It’s still in our own hands”, klaxon isn’t available, at least until 17:00.

However, we still have, “Twists and turns”,, “We’re still in the mix”, and, “If we play like we know we can”, in operation.

Happy clutching everyone 😉

I'll add another one pertinent to me and that's 'gut feel' and that is not down to last night's curry which was terrific!

Can't explain it or rationalise it but my 'gut feel' is we are going up.  To me reminiscent of 1991/1992 season when we scraped into the play-offs in sixth place on the last day of the season and we were then staring down the barrel at 2 down to Derby in the semi final first leg at Ewood after some 20 minutes - the rest is history!

The 'fun' starts on Monday: Rovers 3 - Luton 1.

Hope springs eternal.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

you get 3 years of parachute payments they will have received around £ 40m this year they would have been due £35m next season and £15m the year after had they not been promoted this year.

And therein lies the difference! 

In addition to the £40M, relegated clubs usually get shedloads from sale of the players that leave when they are relegated.

In reality, only one promotion place is left for the other 22 clubs, usually only 1 relegated club doesn't get back first time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'll add another one pertinent to me and that's 'gut feel' and that is not down to last night's curry which was terrific!

Can't explain it or rationalise it but my 'gut feel' is we are going up.  To me reminiscent of 1991/1992 season when we scraped into the play-offs in sixth place on the last day of the season and we were then staring down the barrel at 2 down to Derby in the semi final first leg at Ewood after some 20 minutes - the rest is history!

The 'fun' starts on Monday: Rovers 3 - Luton 1.

Hope springs eternal.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend.

Kiss of death!

17 hours ago, davulsukur said:

How does the parachute payments work? Dingles on twitter have been quick to point out that they won't get any because they have gone straight back up again. 

Assume they just got one last payment from the PL and the parachute payments would have kicked in at the end of this season, if they failed to go up?

Every Premier league club will receive an equal split of the unpaid payments so around 4 million each because Burnley and Sheff Utd have gone back up.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

The cup runs were welcome and it was good to see Tomasson taking the cups seriously unlike Mowbray

Ultimately though, it's another failure, another huge opportunity missed, and possibly worse than last season because even a few short weeks ago we were still odds-on to make the playoffs.

Some of us are getting old and are running out of seasons. Rovers have been out of the Premier League for a decade without ever looking like getting back, and it'd be nice if we could get back there before the older generation pop our clogs.  I'm fed up with the "progress, optimism, positivity" mantra. Results are needed now.

"Next year Rodney we'll all be millionaires"

Except next year never comes

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Results as it stands means we need to win on Monday. Even with Sunderland loosing, am I correct (because of goal difference)

No If we draw against Luton and win against Millwall we can finish in sixth on 69 points. But what is certain is that we have to beat Millwall.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, 1874 said:

Every Premier league club will receive an equal split of the unpaid payments so around 4 million each because Burnley and Sheff Utd have gone back up.

Oh that's nice of them. Couldn't give it to the EFL clubs of course, where it would make a difference.