BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Coventry finished one point above us, clearly a very important point, but not the enormous gulf in quality your descriptions would suggest.

One point is all it needs ..... and it was Rovers who missed out again. Their players weren't much better than ours (if at all) but they had a hunger and desire and sheer guts to get the job done that we clearly did not

It's been said many times. We have too many nice lads 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

One point is all it needs ..... and it was Rovers who missed out again. Their players weren't much better than ours (if at all) but they had a hunger and desire and sheer guts to get the job done that we clearly did not

I pointed out it was a very important point…

I’m not sure I’d agree with us having a lack of hunger etc - I do agree we could do with some ‘nastiness’ (couldn’t think of a better word!) in the team.

Edited by wilsdenrover

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I don’t think we lacked in hunger and desire if I’m honest, I think we lacked goals. What I’d do to have had Carlton Morris or Viktor Gyokeres up top this season. Not signing a striker in January was what killed us. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know if you dont watch it?

I don't missed watching it. Haven't watched it for years. What am I missing? 

1 hour ago, den said:

Next season just got harder for Rovers😏

Why? 

59 minutes ago, frosty said:

If you only listen to what Sky Sports and TalkSport are telling you then you'll believe that no other leagues are good. Give Serie A a go Chadster, it can be pretty chaotic but the atmosphere and fans are great and it's currently the best/most interesting it's been in a long time. Great managers too, e.g. you'd have known about De Zerbi years ago instead of months ago.

Back to the Championship, would rather Luton win the final I think.

The Premier League is where the best football is. 

I knew about De Zebri years ago actually but Serie A isn't good anymore. 30 years is when it was the best league in the world. 

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, what a bottle job by Carrick. All those resources and he couldn't beat Coventry.

Carrick mess up by changing his team in the last games before the season ended. 

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

I don’t think we lacked in hunger and desire if I’m honest, I think we lacked goals. What I’d do to have had Carlton Morris or Viktor Gyokeres up top this season. Not signing a striker in January was what killed us. 

Too many games we either rolled over or didn't look interested or gave away soft goals. It happened over and again. Then there were the points lost or thrown away through lack of nous and game management. The likes of Sheff Utd and Luton looked like they'd run through a brick wall to get the job done. Our lot rarely did.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't missed watching it. Haven't watched it for years. What am I missing? 

Why? 

The Premier League is where the best football is. 

I knew about De Zebri years ago actually but Serie A isn't good anymore. 30 years is when it was the best league in the world. 

Carrick mess up by changing his team in the last games before the season ended. 

How can you possibly know that it isnt very good though if you never watch it and havent for years?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What I missing by not watching Champions league or Serie A? 

Well you are missing out on the best players in Europe and often some thrilling games by missing the Champions League.

Serie A, I watch it occasionally, not enough to give an expert opinion. But you certainly cant say that it isnt very good when you never watch it, that was my point and I dont see how you can argue against that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Butty said:

Yep. We have the usual suspects tying themselves up in knots about our lack of a hard man, experience, a nasty midfield destroyer etc.

At the end of the day our inability to convert our chances was the problem - which then heightened the fluky PNE equaliser and the Coventry handball.

I hope the front line is completely revamped for next season, but a good Championship striker signed in January would have seen us promoted this year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

I'm happy for Coventry and their long suffering fans. We've had it shite under Venky's but it's nothing compared to what they have gone through over the past 20 years. They've paid their dues and have got their 90 minute shot at a return to the big time, good luck to them in the final.

I really dislike their fans, I was enjoying their suffering. 

I don't much like Luton either, so I'll be giving the final a miss. 

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yep. We have the usual suspects tying themselves up in knots about our lack of a hard man, experience, a nasty midfield destroyer etc.

At the end of the day our inability to convert our chances was the problem - which then heightened the fluky PNE equaliser and the Coventry handball.

I hope the front line is completely revamped for next season, but a good Championship striker signed in January would have seen us promoted this year. 

I think both these things can be true at the same time:

More experience of ‘knowing how to win’ may have seen us hold onto a couple more leads towards the end of the season.

Converting more of our chances would have meant we weren’t trying to hold on in the first place.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You say Serie A isnt good yet they have 5 teams in the semi finals of european competitons this year,more than double what England and Spain have.You can't say something isnt good anymore if you never watch it.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well you are missing out on the best players in Europe and often some thrilling games by missing the Champions League.

Well you think that I don't. The PL is miles better than the Champions league for me. Also the Champions League is like used to be when it was just league champions that played in it. 

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Serie A, I watch it occasionally, not enough to give an expert opinion. But you certainly cant say that it isnt very good when you never watch it, that was my point and I dont see how you can argue against that.

Look at the players that played in Serie A in the 90's like Del Pirio or Mancini or Baggio or Batistuta. Thats when it was the best league in the world. Is it now? No chance. The Premier League is

29 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

You say Serie A isnt good yet they have 5 teams in the semi finals of european competitons this year,more than double what England and Spain have.You can't say something isnt good anymore if you never watch it.

And that's proved nothing. How would these teams do in the Premier League now then or against Serie A teams in the 90's? 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well you think that I don't. The PL is miles better than the Champions league for me. Also the Champions League is like used to be when it was just league champions that played in it. 

Look at the players that played in Serie A in the 90's like Del Pirio or Mancini or Baggio or Batistuta. Thats when it was the best league in the world. Is it now? No chance. The Premier League is

And that's proved nothing. How would these teams do in the Premier League now then or against Serie A teams in the 90's? 

Who knows how they would do,you or i would just be speculating about how they would do,the facts are this season against the rest of Europe they are doing quite well wouldn't you say?  You keep your blinkers on Chaddy while the majority of us appreciate what the rest of european football gives us to watch.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Who knows how they would do,you or i would just be speculating about how they would do,the facts are this season against the rest of Europe they are doing quite well wouldn't you say?  You keep your blinkers on Chaddy while the majority of us appreciate what the rest of european football gives us to watch.

I just enjoying watching PL and other leagues. I haven't the Champions league or Serie A or La Liga for years now. I have zero interest in Champions league or most European leagues. 

I don't have an issue with 'Boro. I quite liked seeing them have the likes of Emerson, Juninho and Ravanelli back in the day. We were also of a similar level as clubs back in the Hughes days.

Some of their fans though? That's another matter. Well done to Coventry.

🎵Cheer up Craig Honeyman,
     Oh what can it mean,
     To a sad smoggy b#stard
     And a sh#te football team...🎵

4 hours ago, DE. said:

One of Coventry or Luton on their way to the Premier League. Coventry who were in League Two six years ago, only been back in the Championship a couple of seasons and were in such dire financial straits at the start of the season that they sold us their best defender on the cheap just to get by. They've struggled recently to even find a stadium to play in. No wonder we can't compete, right? What chance does our club have against a powerhouse like that? And let's not point to Gyokeres - he was bought for something like £1m whilst we pissed a combined £12m up the wall on Brereton and Gallagher. Meanwhile Luton and their 10,000 seater stadium are in their second playoff campaign, having also been in League Two as of six years ago. Beyond our abilities to compete with them either, clearly.

In the meantime we haven't had a single playoff appearance in the 10+ years since we were relegated. Just on an endless "journey" to nowhere under a succession of nearly men. People championing this season where we finished 7th on 69 points as the most memorable ever season under Venky's, which says it all. 

No shade being thrown at Luton or Coventry here for the record, fair play to them for what they are achieving against the odds, amazing effort by both clubs - but give over with the excuses for Venky's, Mowbray and everyone else. Don't tell me we can't compete whilst Luton or Coventry are about to get promoted. The only reason we aren't competing like they are is because the club has been and continues to be owned by clueless fools and staffed with people at the top levels lacking any kind of drive or motivation. Excluding JDT from that for the record.

I hope I live long enough to see Venky's sell this club so that we have an actual chance to thrive again. I say that as someone in their mid-30s, but it genuinely feels like they're going to go on owning us for decades at this point. Never even a whisper of a remotely serious inclination to sell and finally end this dark chapter of Rovers' history. 

How can we be expected to compete with either of these teams without parachute payments or billionaire owners?

• Like 4

Both Coventry and Luton are the living proof of resurrection in football. Even in the moneyed world of today.

So good luck to them.

Will be interesting to see if they fill Wembley between them.

I had huge respect for job Carrick was doing at Boro but it seems in the battle of erstwhile Mancs,  the lesser Robbins did an absolute number on him.

Incidentally at the nether end, the imposition of the delayed 6 point penalty on Reading sent them down. Cardiff are very fortunate because they ended up only 5 points above the drop.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 Italian teams in the semi adds weight to the theory it’s on its way back….

8 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Coventry finished one point above us, clearly a very important point, but not the enormous gulf in quality your descriptions would suggest.

Margins in football between success andthe 'also rans' are fine - Coventry are in the final and may well end up in the PL; we aren't - it's that simple.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

And a goalkeeper who comes up with late handball winners 😡

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never said that it was as good now or even that it is good in general. Point being, you cant possibly know how good it is now.

Similar with Champions League if you dont watch that. Although watching our best teams go up against Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG etc, trust me it is the very best standard. Better than those same teams playing Leeds, Leicester and Bournemouth.

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I don't have an issue with 'Boro. I quite liked seeing them have the likes of Emerson, Juninho and Ravanelli back in the day. We were also of a similar level as clubs back in the Hughes days.

Some of their fans though? That's another matter. Well done to Coventry.

🎵Cheer up Craig Honeyman,
     Oh what can it mean,
     To a sad smoggy b#stard
     And a sh#te football team...🎵

And a trip to the Riverside in recent years has generally resulted in the rare outcome of coming home with 3 points.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Both Coventry and Luton are the living proof of resurrection in football. Even in the moneyed world of today.

So good luck to them.

Will be interesting to see if they fill Wembley between them.

I had huge respect for job Carrick was doing at Boro but it seems in the battle of erstwhile Mancs,  the lesser Robbins did an absolute number on him.

Incidentally at the nether end, the imposition of the delayed 6 point penalty on Reading sent them down. Cardiff are very fortunate because they ended up only 5 points above the drop.

They will definitely fill it, two much bigger towns / cities than Blackburn.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Too many games we either rolled over or didn't look interested or gave away soft goals. It happened over and again. Then there were the points lost or thrown away through lack of nous and game management. The likes of Sheff Utd and Luton looked like they'd run through a brick wall to get the job done. Our lot rarely did.  

I agree Jim. I watched the Luton v Sunderland game the other night. Luton ran themselves into the ground to win the game. I thought early on that “  they won’t be able to keep this up. After 60 minutes they’ll have to ease off “. Well they never did, they kept going at 110% right until the end.

When we have a Rovers team that shows that level of commitment, desire, will to win, effort etc I’ll start believing that we, as a club, want promotion. Until we do we’re just playing at it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2