BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In a higher league at times, not bigger clubs…

I was one of the "faithful few" as the Blackburn end used to sing. And to me the clubs I mentioned seemed bigger than the Rovers, to me.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Russell Martin is great if you ignore the minor part ie results despite him being at Swansea for 2 seasons.

Screenshot_20230520-113536_Twitter.jpg

Why on earth would anyone not be results or outcome based? 🥴.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You see the cliché about 'trusting the process' quite a lot these days. I can understand managers and coaches saying it when trying to change the style of play at a club, but cringe dickheads on shite twitter sites really do need to stop repeating it. Twats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Russell Martin is great if you ignore the minor part ie results despite him being at Swansea for 2 seasons.

Screenshot_20230520-113536_Twitter.jpg

Buzzwords trotted out in order to sound more intelligent than the ordinary football fan. Most likely in the hope of getting a job in football further down the line.

The bit about pinpointing results says it all for me. That's where xG, xA and all the other meaningless stuff will come in to play to separate these intellectuals from the ordinary folk.

It's all about results and outcomes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

there are morons out there  who believe that pretty passing that goes sideways continually is the right way to play football,they then express outrage when another team brutally exposes them with a more robust approach,it`s forgotten that the game is about getting 3 points,the russell martins of this world are deluded dreamers

Playoff final ticket prices. I was just curious.

PRICES

Cat 1 - £98 Adults, £73.50 Young Adults, £49 Conc.

Cat 2 - £76 Adults, £57 Young Adults, £38 Conc.

Cat 3 - £64 Adults, £48 Young Adults, £32 Conc.

Cat 4 - £52 Adults, £39 Young Adults, £26 Conc.

Cat 5 - £36 Adults, £27 Young Adults, £18 Conc.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, philipl said:

A benefit of us missing out is the message board isn't full of complaints about prices...

There’s plenty of of £36 and £52 tickets. It’s better than I thought it would be to be honest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Southampton about to appoint Martin. Crazy appointment 

Southampton and Leicester both linked with Russell Martin. 

Given that the former Brentford director of football Rasmus Ankersen is there in management and director of football role there, He wants to make them into possesion based team. I think they will need a major squad revamp to do this and a number of signings over the last 12 months don't fit that style

What is the obsession with becoming a possession based teams? Possession for both teams can only ever total 100%. Rather than appoint a manager with high possession stats but pretty average results over a 2 year period, and with a squad not suiting that style, why not just get a manager that can focus on getting them up in the first season?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is the obsession with becoming a possession based teams? Possession for both teams can only ever total 100%. Rather than appoint a manager with high possession stats but pretty average results over a 2 year period, and with a squad not suiting that style, why not just get a manager that can focus on getting them up in the first season?

I can understand your opinion and I agree on Russell Martin. They have appointed Jason Wilcox as Director of football from Man City. It will need a massive squad rebuilt but they spent alot of money on players in January. I think Armstrong will part of their side next season

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can understand your opinion and I agree on Russell Martin. They have appointed Jason Wilcox as Director of football from Man City. It will need a massive squad rebuilt but they spent alot of money on players in January. I think Armstrong will part of their side next season

You would think the remit would be, I don't care how we play or how it looks, just get us up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was said in commentary the other night that they will have to spend £10m to get their dilapidated ground ready for Premier League football. This includes better facilities for disabled supporters and the media. I was told that Rovers would have had to spend several million too had we gone up.

Never refused to sign a check 😊

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You would think the remit would be, I don't care how we play or how it looks, just get us up.

I can understand what you are saying but I think Southampton wants to adapt this style throughout their teams from first team to under 16's level and its a long term approach 

14 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Might not be many folk’s cup of tea but I think he is a very good manager.

I like how he wants to play but I think his attitude stinks when teams play different against his teams or things go against his teams he throws his toys out of his pram. 

• Like 1