BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Well done Amari Bell, got far too much stick on here and this isn't an "I told you so" moment but he always had ability and was direct and on the front foot. He's been a massive part of their success and goes to show how effective a player can be when he has confidence and is coached properly. 

• Like 8

I can't believe Bell is now in the Prem he's still not very good imo iv'e seen him several times this season as well as against us and he's still the same he was here. There has been no miracle turnaround or underratting of him here he is bang average at very best.  What he is though is surrounded by a better more functional team than he ever was here under a better modern day manager.

Well done Luton and up yours Coventry, Ben Wilson and your insufferable crowd obsessed short memory span fans.

• Like 3

• Backroom

All about playing to the strengths of the team. Under Mowbray we consistently relied on individual talent and lacked a team identity, which is why players like Bell had their weaknesses ruthlessly highlighted. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Well done Amari Bell, got far too much stick on here and this isn't an "I told you so" moment but he always had ability and was direct and on the front foot. He's been a massive part of their success and goes to show how effective a player can be when he has confidence and is coached properly. 

We must be watching different Luton teams.

We're definitely watching different Amari Bells. 

59 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Congratulations to Luton. It's a fantastic achievement for a club with quite meagre resources but they make up for that with a spirit money can't buy. Their manager seems a good sort but as much as I dislike Nathan Jones some credit has to go to him. I'm looking forward to some of the big time millionaires in the Premier League seeing the facilities at Kenilworth Road.

Their manager left Forest Green in the middle of the night to go to Watford - he's an awful person. 

Nathan Jones built that team - he'd have got them up this year, all the credit goes to him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Their manager left Forest Green in the middle of the night to go to Watford - he's an awful person. 

Nathan Jones built that team - he'd have got them up this year, all the credit goes to him. 

Awful person seems a bit strong. I saw him go to every Coventry player after the game to console them before he celebrated which I think is far from awful. Two of the starting team and a substitute were brought in in January by Edwards.

• Like 3

I have just been told that Luton will be playing away games until some time in September to give them time to get their ground ready. This was an agreement made last week after a ground inspection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We must be watching different Luton teams.

We're definitely watching different Amari Bells. 

If you say so champ, it's ok to admit he's done well and played his part. Again not looking to debate it just an opinion and some respect.

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have just been told that Luton will be playing away games until some time in September to give them time to get their ground ready. This was an agreement made last week after a ground inspection.

Im surprised they haven't thought of a temporary ground share with Milton Keynes. It's not far up the road and has twice the capacity of the dump Kenilworth Rd is. Or is that against the rules? 

Luton Town in the Premier League

Looooton chuffing Town. And Bournemouth. And Brentford. And Brighton

And some of our "supporters" say we're at our right level and should be thankful

Luton

I give up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Luton Town in the Premier League

Looooton chuffing Town. And Bournemouth. And Brentford. And Brighton

And some of our "supporters" say we're at our right level and should be thankful

Luton

I give up

I’m just delighted that it isn’t Coventry City 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

If you say so champ, it's ok to admit he's done well and played his part. Again not looking to debate it just an opinion and some respect.

Each to their own - I genuinely wouldn't have him back, PL LB an' all. Awful player. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Not sure how Luton managed that. They don’t have parachute payments. 

Well done to them. They've earned their place through sheer hard work and determination. Goes to show what competency can achieve. 

As someone said earlier (and as I've said multiple times) - they've just packed the side with athletes, got themselves organised and made themselves a threat from set pieces.

You're always going to be there or there abouts in the Championship with those ingredients, even if it's like watching paint dry. 

• Like 1

So? This fella actually won them taking them from 9th to 3rd in the process. 

Obviously Jones set the foundations (with the club generally doing a lot right over the last decade), but *all* the credit is Jones’? Just a daft statement.

No matter who went up yesterday I fee it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth as neither are any better than ourselves, goes down to a massive missed opportunity in our part. With Leeds, Everton, Southampton and Leicester , mix and match, there is 3 strong teams coming down. Championship will be a lot harder next year. Only team in the playoff that I feel were bigger and better than us was Mboro. Even the likes of West Brom and Norwich, Stoke, but not Coventry or Luton. Fair play to them but it’s hard not to feel a bit why not us. Had we signed a striker in January i feel it would have been. Board needs a massive shake up for the huge mistake and missed opportunity 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No matter who went up yesterday I fee it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth as neither are any better than ourselves, goes down to a massive missed opportunity in our part. With Leeds, Everton, Southampton and Leicester , mix and match, there is 3 strong teams coming down. Championship will be a lot harder next year. Only team in the playoff that I feel were bigger and better than us was Mboro. Even the likes of West Brom and Norwich, Stoke, but not Coventry or Luton. Fair play to them but it’s hard not to feel a bit why not us. Had we signed a striker in January i feel it would have been. Board needs a massive shake up for the huge mistake and missed opportunity 

All depends how those teams come down and up perform. Those teams coming down from PL will need a new manager in the case of Southampton and Leeds or Leicester maybe Everton(who knows what they do) plus squad rebuilds 

West Brom have ownership issues

GB has made the changes needed following the January failure to sign a striker and O'Brien deals done