BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Name me one good performance of his in our colours. He was absolutely garbage here.

I said it wasn't a "told you so" moment for a reason. He wasn't great at all but I think he could have been decent for us is what I am saying. People were dying to get rid of him and he's just been part of a team promoted to the Premier League because he was used correctly. Left back is a position we have neglected for years. 

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I said it wasn't a "told you so" moment for a reason. He wasn't great at all but I think he could have been decent for us is what I am saying. People were dying to get rid of him and he's just been part of a team promoted to the Premier League because he was used correctly. Left back is a position we have neglected for years. 

Well we signed enough of them !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure the O'Brien deal is as objective as that. But either way, hard luck stories aside, he had a task to get a striker and he didnt get a striker. It is as simple as that.

GB wasn't at fault for the paperwork error and I'm sure he won't let it happen again

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB wasn't at fault for the paperwork error and I'm sure he won't let it happen again

Our collective board/ recruitment team, back room staff , whatever you want to call them , were all part responsible for our failures. If you can’t see that then get your head out the clouds. 

• Like 1

It probably won’t ‘happen again’, but just once was extremely costly for the club.

Not a serious football club in so many areas… however GB does seem a professional person, so if he has grabbed control of elements of the Club Secretary’s/CEOs purview then I’m fine with that. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure the O'Brien deal is as objective as that. But either way, hard luck stories aside, he had a task to get a striker and he didnt get a striker. It is as simple as that.

And what’s the first thing we’ve done this window? Signed a striker, and one with potential to kick on after doing the business in a L1 winning side on a similar level to (and with a similar style to) Danny Graham’s goals for us. Exactly 14 goals.

For my money, that’s a first big step to making up for it.

Edited by Mike E

Wednesday or Barnsley to complete next season fixture list?

Wednesday if there is any justice after that Posh come back and their regular season points haul.

That said, Wednesday as currently set up look a lot more beatable as a Championship side. Barnsley look like being awkward opposition. 

From a travelling point of view, I just hoped Posh didn't win it, so happy with either.

As for yesterday, I was hoping to welcome Leeds and Everton, but hearing this morning that Lineker is gutted Leicester went down, so every cloud....... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And what’s the first thing we’ve done this window? Signed a striker, and one with potential to kick on after doing the business in a L1 winning side on a similar level to (and with a similar style to) Danny Graham’s goals for us. Exactly 14 goals.

For my money, that’s a first big step to making up for it.

Even if Ennis does the business, too late to rectify last season.

Not sure I get Graham vibes from Ennis either. Graham had scored goals at Premier League level and was a veteran target man, no pace, good in the air, master of using his brain. Ennis seems like a quick, youngish poacher who runs in behind but I dont think scored a single header. Chalk and cheese.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Wednesday if there is any justice after that Posh come back and their regular season points haul.

That said, Wednesday as currently set up look a lot more beatable as a Championship side. Barnsley look like being awkward opposition. 

Got numerous texts earlier from our Wednesday mates getting on the coaches at 7.30am, they've sold 44,000 tickets for the game today, Barnsley just over 20k.

The comeback against Peterborough is up there with the most amazing things I think I've ever seen in football, 4-0 down from the first leg, for them get through in extra-time, phenomenal, you'd have to think they're destined to go up after that.   

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Feels like that comeback against Peterborough will give Wednesday a major confidence boost going into this match. Barnsley won't have that same feeling of momentum having scraped past Bolton, but ultimately it's the playoffs and a one-off match, so anything can happen. 

Rooting for Barnsley. A mate from my uni days supports them, and another lad at uni was a Wednesday supporter and tosser in tandem, so that's how I usually decide whether I like certain clubs or not. It's always the people, but a sample of one from each club is terrible, really. 😄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Rooting for Barnsley. A mate from my uni days supports them, and another lad at uni was a Wednesday supporter and tosser in tandem, so that's how I usually decide whether I like certain clubs or not. It's always the people, but a sample of one from each club is terrible, really. 😄

Support for a club motivated by petty-minded dislike. As it should be 🙂 

• Like 4

Early 90s and they were one of the top sides in the country. Top 4 finishes, a load of cup finals. 

Nobody would’ve believed that after relegation in 99/00 they’d spend a quarter of a century yo-yoing between the second and third tiers.

I worked with some Sheffield Wednesday fans - like many supporters of "big city" clubs they had an over-sized view of their stature and importance and they didn't have a good word to say about Rovers too.

On the basis that town clubs (even Yarkshire ones) are generally preferable to city clubs, Barnsley it is. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Early 90s and they were one of the top sides in the country. Top 4 finishes, a load of cup finals. 

Nobody would’ve believed that after relegation in 99/00 they’d spend a quarter of a century yo-yoing between the second and third tiers.

Hmmmm...could describe us soon enough 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Our collective board/ recruitment team, back room staff , whatever you want to call them , were all part responsible for our failures. If you can’t see that then get your head out the clouds. 

how could anyone be blame for Undav or Kone failures?

Also GB wasn't at fault for the O'Brien but took the responsible for it

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Should be good game hopefully. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

how could anyone be blame for Undav or Kone failures?

GB did a bit of a 'mea culpa' in his interview when he said he was guilty of looking for the perfect player, and that he had now learnt that wasn't a realistic approach to signing players. 

GB has failed to bring in a decent striker over the past two windows. That's on him. The club has been crying out for a least one. So he takes all the 'blame' for that. It could be argued it cost us a place in the play-offs.

This summer we appear to be targeting more realistic transfers. 

I'm glad he's at the club, there is clearly a plan in place now after 10 years of bumbling along. 

• Like 4