BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

36 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

GB did a bit of a 'mea culpa' in his interview when he said he was guilty of looking for the perfect player, and that he had now learnt that wasn't a realistic approach to signing players. 

he actually said him and JDT was guilty of looking for the perfect player

GB has failed to bring in a decent striker over the past two windows. That's on him. The club has been crying out for a least one. So he takes all the 'blame' for that. It could be argued it cost us a place in the play-offs.

Yes it was on him for not bring in a striker in January but the Undav and Kone failures weren't on him as they were out of his control why we didn't sign them

This summer we appear to be targeting more realistic transfers. 

I wouldn't say we are going for more realistic transfers yet, surely that a comment you can't make until after this window closes

I'm glad he's at the club, there is clearly a plan in place now after 10 years of bumbling along. 

I am very happy we have him as Director of Football and he has clear plan in place. We have made a very early signing this summer and that hasn't happened for years here. Lets there is more to come in June now

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

he actually said him and JDT was guilty of looking for the perfect player

Semantics. He admitted, as JDT's boss, he'd been wrong as DoF to be looking for the perfect player. 

Yes it was on him for not bring in a striker in January but the Undav and Kone failures weren't on him as they were out of his control why we didn't sign them

Undav and Kone are just a small % of the available strikers. He failed to bring any in. 

I wouldn't say we are going for more realistic transfers yet, surely that a comment you can't make until after this window closes

I would and I did. Ennis is a realistic transfer target. It's inarguable to a rational mind. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if Ennis does the business, too late to rectify last season.

Not sure I get Graham vibes from Ennis either. Graham had scored goals at Premier League level and was a veteran target man, no pace, good in the air, master of using his brain. Ennis seems like a quick, youngish poacher who runs in behind but I dont think scored a single header. Chalk and cheese.

Doesn’t describe Ennis to me, albeit I’ve only seen that highlight reel from last season. He seems more well-rounded, and I think Graham was also more well-rounded than your description tbh

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

how could anyone be blame for Undav or Kone failures?

Also GB wasn't at fault for the O'Brien but took the responsible for it

Should be good game hopefully. 

I will break it down for you,

if the missus sends us out to the shops for a cadburys dairy milk, I go to the shop and what do you know they have sold out, now I have several options here, I could go to another shop to try and find what I’m looking for, or I could buy another chocolate bar, that’s similar.

Do you think it’s acceptable for me to return home and say, yea the one shop I tried didn’t have a cadburys dairy milk so I just returned with nothing. 

sorry to have to put it in this way but you aren’t getting the football way. Yes he may have been unlucky with a few targets but hey, that’s football, these deals break down at the latter stages all the time. He had a month to get a deal over the line, other teams managed it, we didn’t, that’s on us not anyone else. It has turned out to be a very costly mistake, all very well saying he won’t do it again but we might not have as good a chance we had again. I won’t forget as easily as you

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

if the missus sends us out to the shops for a cadburys dairy milk, I go to the shop and what do you know they have sold out, now I have several options here, I could go to another shop to try and find what I’m looking for, or I could buy another chocolate bar, that’s similar.

Do you think it’s acceptable for me to return home and say, yea the one shop I tried didn’t have a cadburys dairy milk so I just returned with nothing. 

sorry to have to put it in this way but you aren’t getting the football way. Yes he may have been unlucky with a few targets but hey, that’s football, these deals break down at the latter stages all the time. He had a month to get a deal over the line, other teams managed it, we didn’t, that’s on us not anyone else. It has turned out to be a very costly mistake, all very well saying he won’t do it again but we might not have as good a chance we had again. I won’t forget as easily as you

The fair comparison would be you've been sent out to get a Dairy Milk before the shops shut at 5pm.

The first shop you went to promised that there was some in the back, but then bailed on you at 4pm.

The second shop you went to had a massive queue and after waiting 30 minutes you give up because you can't get served. 

The third shop you went to, which you entered at 4.55pm, sensed your desperation and offered you a Dairy Milk, but for £15. 

Sorry to have to put it that way.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The fair comparison would be you've been sent out to get a Dairy Milk before the shops shut at 5pm.

The first shop you went to promised that there was some in the back, but then bailed on you at 4pm.

The second shop you went to had a massive queue and after waiting 30 minutes you give up because you can't get served. 

The third shop you went to, which you entered at 4.55pm, sensed your desperation and offered you a Dairy Milk, but for £15. 

Sorry to have to put it that way.

Ffs just go the garage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

what shop or supermarket runs out of Carbury's dairy milk in the first place? 😂

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No we were unlucky with Undav and Kone failed transfers. Simple as. 

Yes, a striker should have been signed in January but even tho we didn't we still almost get those playoffs had Coventry keeper not handballed it or Wharton mistake at Deepdale or Szmodics's effort against Luton gone in off the bar we would have made the playoffs. fine Margins of football. 

or we might have a better chance this coming season cos of GB and JDT being in place and able to bring in players early like we did with Ennis transfer

7 minutes ago, philipl said:

Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday is pretty dire so far.

both teams not wanting to give owt to the other

I thought the tackle for the sending off, was mis-timed, dangerous and out of control. A red card, by the rules. If you listen to debates in rugby league VAR, one of the things they say straight away is, what do the rules say. If a player breaks the rules he is punished in accordance with what is laid down in the rules. Funnily enough the player usually accepts the decission.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I thought the tackle for the sending off, was mis-timed, dangerous and out of control. A red card, by the rules. If you listen to debates in rugby league VAR, one of the things they say straight away is, what do the rules say. If a player breaks the rules he is punished in accordance with what is laid down in the rules. Funnily enough the player usually accepts the decission.  

both players had went into it equally full blooded with studs down,barnsley lad was just a bit late,no malice imo,not a red card

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

both players had went into it equally full blooded with studs down,barnsley lad was just a bit late,no malice imo,not a red card

As well as late, mis-timed, dangerous and out of control, it was from behind, so ticks most boxes for a red card. 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

As well as late, mis-timed, dangerous and out of control, it was from behind, so ticks most boxes for a red card. 

Give over. Side on and completely missed the SW player who in any event also lunged at the ball.

Never ever a straight red.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

was`nt mistimed,dangerous,out of control or from behind,the wednesday player did exactly the same tackle but go there a second earlier,do you want to send them both off

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Give over. Side on and completely missed the SW player who in any event also lunged at the ball.

Never ever a straight red.

By the present rules it is a red. At no point have I said that I agree with the rules. The fact that he missed the Wednesday player, does not take away from the fact that it was dangerous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

By the present rules it is a red. At no point have I said that I agree with the rules. The fact that he missed the Wednesday player, does not take away from the fact that it was dangerous.

No it wasn't dangerous.

It may have looked that only because the toe of the SW player nudged the ball away and the Barnsley player kicked fresh air.

It was a wrong decision by a Ref who was too chicken shit to have another look on replay and rubbish VAR for not ordering that.

Incompetence by officials does not create dangerous play in the real world only in officialdom.

• Like 1