BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Each and every summer we hear the same lines

It's only going to get more difficult 

Some BIG clubs coming down / up

All the usual stuff all aimed at putting us down a few notches on expectations before a ball is kicked.

We'll be watching Bournemouth v Luton and Brentford v Burnley in the "best league in the world" and still there are people reckoning it's really tough and we're going to struggle before we've even started.

What they are actually doing is measuring strength on attendances / stadium size which as the years go by only becomes less and less important than it once was, as the make up of the PL shows.

• Like 5

Rovers under JDT have nothing to fear from any team in this league and I don't why anyone would. This league will still be unpredictable and enjoyable. Leicester, Southampton and Leeds all have massive problems to sort out whilst some clubs like Huddersfield and Cardiff still have to managers situation and in Huddersfield their takeover. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

As a bloke Darren Moore always comes across as a real gentleman  but as a football manager he isn't very good. Sheffield Wednesday have some good players but they just play turgid long ball football. Without a change of manager they will be battling down at the wrong end of the table.

I think he did a good job at Sheffield Wednesday and to still believe they could turn that 4 nil first left defeat around shows what can been done. 

As we saw last season, clubs can easily come down and stay down, with the occasional club getting relegated twice in a row. We've seen Rovers brush aside well-resourced clubs like Watford and Norwich, and then struggle against teams like Rotherham or Preston. That's the Championship (at least from a Rovers point of view). The advantage for us is that at least we know what it's like and what to expect.

• Like 1

There will not be a 32 point difference between the league winner and 7th position next season, and 2 clubs will not romp away with the automatic places. I am as sure as I can be on those issues.

The relegated clubs will try to bounce back.

Also those who underperformed this season may wake up and it's about time a team like Stoke punched their wealth.

It going to be a grind of a season for any promotion hopefuls.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Great goal to win the game, Barnsley should count themselves very unlucky.

Made up for our mates on route back, they’ll get a real welcome as Hillsborough is currently rocking, the streets are packed!

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Barnsley goalkeeper made "one of the greatest saves in the history of Wembley stadium"

Sky commentator in hyperbole shock

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

He was impressive, but I thought he fluffed it at the crucial moment right at the death. He should have been saving that comfortably.

He's on loan from.............................Luton Town

8 hours ago, goozburger said:

He was impressive, but I thought he fluffed it at the crucial moment right at the death. He should have been saving that comfortably.

You're always disappointed when you get that big a piece of it and don't keep it out.

Speaking from experience here.

9 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

See that Mowbray has managed to get his brother a job as head of recruitment at Sunderland😂.  He must have his feet well under the table now.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/southampton-confirm-appointment-of-sunderland-head-coach-tony-mowbrays-brother-to-key-role-4162023

Southampton 😜 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, goozburger said:

According to Nixon, they will be big spenders this summer.

Have to say I doubt this, and McKenna has been saying the opposite, but I guess we'll see. Either way if we don't have better striking options than Gallagher, Ennis, Vale and Leonard by the end of the summer we'll likely be finishing below Ipswich. Let's hope the recruitment team are on it. 

• Like 1

Going to be some huge Clubs with big resources and fan bases in this League next Season.Its almost a Prem League MK2.

Leeds,Wednesday,Southampton,Sunderland,Leicester,we really are up against it folks..

Potentially only Rotherham with a smaller average Crowd than us...hits home!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

We are no more up against it than we have been at any other stage in the past. We've lined up opposite similar clubs every year in the Championship over the last 10 years and competed just fine.

Whatever advantage Sheff Wed might have in numbers of fans clearly isn't much given their performance over the last 10 years during which they have finished below us or alongside us. Same for Sunderland, in return for their resources and fanbase they've had 3 years in League One and then finished level on points with us in the Championship.

What is more important for the non-parachute laden clubs is a plan and determination to stick to it, which is where I hope Broughton will deliver. Leeds, Wednesday, Sunderland and more recently Leicester and Soton have been all over the place on recruitment and managerial appointments. Hopefully that continues although Sunderland seem to be getting the big decisions right these days.

Luton, Brentford, unfortunately dingles have all got those right over the last few years and have succeeded despite small fanbases and resources in comparison to teams around them.

• Like 2