BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Does anybody else, in a moment of quiet and calm during the week, keep finding themselves just sitting there thinking "Ryan, why didn't you just your foot through it FFS" 😒

I think the poor lad's cursed. If his shot at Sheff U in the FA Cup had gone in instead of hitting the inside of the post we'd have gone 3-1 up and had a Wembley semi booked. With hindsight, that was the turning point of our season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Does anybody else, in a moment of quiet and calm during the week, keep finding themselves just sitting there thinking "Ryan, why didn't you just your foot through it FFS" 😒

he did the worst possible thing at the worst time,he could have booted it over the stand,placed it either side of the keeper or ran it into the corner,why he tried to lob a 6"2 keeper who was standing on his line is a question only he can answer🥵

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

...or after fooking up ..just knock the ball out the keepers hands  ..knock the keeper to floor ..whatever .... take a yellow ..and a free kick for Preston 5 yards from their bye line ..meanwhile ..we re back in shape ready to see out the last 20 seconds ..criminal !!

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

At least 5 Championship games will be broadcast each weekend plus all opening and final day fixtures. Also Boxing day and New Year day matches will be shown. 

The report states that it is a 50% uplift in income for the EFL. If the distribution of funds is retained in its present proportions that would suggest an increase in income of approx £4.5m for the club.

If it is an extra £4.5m extra income (as said above) for this we should be instantly offering £200 or £230 season tickets (£10 a game as the marketing message). 
At risk of decimating (half way there anyway) our match going fan base otherwise! 

Edited by superniko

Increased notice for fans  

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup 3rd Round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed. 

• Like 1

OK that is fair enough, especially for those who live or work further afield.

Just wondered 😁

Fact is that the EFL clubs have been pushing for this (all of them) to get a bigger share of the TV cash cow. This is more important financially (especially in the Championship) than an extra few in the ground. Presume the additional income will count in the P&S calculation, so could mean we may be able to afford to buy players?

Fans unfortunately will come second to Sky. Our big problem is we are under a Sky curse.

I suppose if a 7:45 KO is inconvenient due to where you live, or getting back from work, then how much notice you get isn't helpful.

I mean I couldn't go to games on a weekday afternoon (as example).

Isn't this why the working man's game was played at 3pm on a Saturday.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, superniko said:

If it is an extra £4.5m extra income (as said above) for this we should be instantly offering £200 or £230 season tickets (£10 a game as the marketing message). 
At risk of decimating (half way there anyway) our match going fan base otherwise! 

They will not "de-value the product".

Numerous ways it may be absorbed...

Towards P&S (less loss) so Venkys can put less in.

Or it should mean Venkys can actually put more in (if they choose). Doubt it myself.

Better wages

Better Players

Perhaps a test of this will be how this Summer financial cycle plays out. We have the (over budget) windfall of all these Sky games plus 2 cup runs. Lets see where it goes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I suppose if a 7:45 KO is inconvenient due to where you live, or getting back from work, then how much notice you get isn't helpful.

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Before the days of floodlights I think games often kicked off at 2pm on Saturdays, timed to coincide with workers leaving work after working Saturday mornings.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, superniko said:

It will all end up going to the players (and their agents)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It will all end up going to the players (and their agents)

Unfortunately likely. 
Though we seem to be getting a better hold of both those things from albeit a horrible low under Kean.

I read last night that Brightons wage bill is £28m (19th out of the 20 in the league), it was like 1/10th of Uniteds.

Incredible effort, and shows what you can build when people running the show actually have a brain. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

Unfortunately likely. 
Though we seem to be getting a better hold of both those things from albeit a horrible low under Kean.

I read last night that Brightons wage bill is £28m (19th out of the 20 in the league), it was like 1/10th of Uniteds.

Incredible effort, and shows what you can build when people running the show actually have a brain. 

Brighton’s accounts (to June 2022) have their staff costs as £115 million - where did the £28 million come from?

As an aside, their broadcasting income was £126.2 million , ours was £8.4 million.

Edited by wilsdenrover