BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

For me the biggest issue has been hedges or whoever is the deeper of the central 4 needs to get more involved. We’ve been mostly solid in the back, connected well but have struggled to get the forward line involved. A fit Dack would do wonders to help provide options to the back 6 to bring us into the attack. 

If we want to do anything this year we need to replace Pickering at LB - he's unable to get forward enough to play in this system and we need better options than Hedges (squad player across that 3) and Vale.

• Like 2

For what it's worth Wharton on for Buckley is going to happen as is clearly close to a red. Shame as his passing was coming into it at the end. Will be interesting to see Wharton as I've never watched him in the flesh. I suppose there is a chance Edun could get the nod. Think it will be Wharton though.

Other than that I'd give Gallagher a proper shot through the middle and bring Markanday for Vale around 60 mins.

Its been an okay performance, very even. We've probably been the better side on balance just about.

Some positives in that half. Although Rovers were sluggish out of the blocks, they look reasonably solid at the back and BBD looks hungry for goals. Brittain looks good, and Tommy K assured and confident in goal. Trav a good earner in the middle and worth the cost of admission for the goal alone 🙂. Buckley doing ok, but already on thin ice. My goodness we are an ugly crowd though 🙂 

Not sure about Bambi Gallagher so far, and Pickering whilst ok, isn't tearing up trees.

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Do I watch the same game as you I would say the goal is the difference...think we will grew and hopefully our fitness is top class.

Agreed. QPR had a spell but outside of one shot from 35 out that Kamenski had covered never really threatened. Until the run up to the goal we hadn’t really threatened either. 1-0 at half seems reflective of the match so far 

And as we edge closer to the second half, the sodding noise is back on the commentary!! Nothing during half time..and now, the Daleks are back in town... 😞 

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think that Travis goal has papered over a few cracks in that first half. We have not looked like scoring at all from open play. No cutting edge, no real threat upfront. Lucky to be ahead.

Vale not the answer.

That goal followed the attempt from BBD that was set up by Vakes touch to get Britain behind. He hasn’t done much else, but also hasn’t many other chances to. 

1 minute ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I'm not sure it would have been that soft, tbh. 

End of the day, we got away with one. Hope John's learned his lesson and plays smart in the second half. 

He’s a lucky boy no doubt. But it’s good referring to give a warning there. Neither tackle was overly dangerous just syndical.