BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Not at the game. How are doing? Different to the Mowbray years? Do we look good going forward?

First 20 not much to talk about. Last 20 much better. Still missing someone to connect the back to the front. 

• Like 1

Noticeably quicker in moving the ball forward, Ayala especially seems to like the one touch stuff. Brittain is so much better than Nyambe going forward, he did two things Nyambe can’t do in the attack that gained the corner. I’ve actually been quite impressed by Hedges, gets everywhere and good awareness. Ben did two things, a decent shot and a great one. I can’t see Pickering and Gallagher staying in this team long, they just aren’t equipped for what the manager wants.

• Like 3

QR started much stronger , we looked nervous and not sure of the system perhaps. Few tackles flying about and Buckley could have gone off with a second yellow...

Improved and had a v good spell leading up to a great goal from Travis.

Not brilliant, but not bad and an acceptable first 45mins of the season....

Edited by TonyM

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Noticeably quicker in moving the ball forward, Ayala especially seems to like the one touch stuff. Brittain is so much better than Nyambe going forward, he did two things Nyambe can’t do in the attack that gained the corner. I’ve actually been quite impressed by Hedges, gets everywhere and good awareness. Ben did two things, a decent shot and a great one. I can’t see Pickering and Gallagher staying in this team long, they just aren’t equipped for what the manager wants.

Fully agree on Gallagher and pickering, although pickering hasent been too bad today.. but Gallagher first touch is woeful.  Few times we could of held the ball up a bit and turn and pass hut the ball bounces off him

• Like 1

For me the biggest issue has been hedges or whoever is the deeper of the central 4 needs to get more involved. We’ve been mostly solid in the back, connected well but have struggled to get the forward line involved. A fit Dack would do wonders to help provide options to the back 6 to bring us into the attack. 

• Like 1

First 20 mins or so very scrappy and nervy. The goal coming a little out of the blue as neither side looked like scoring. Since then we've played some good stuff. Travis certainly thriving on being captain by the looks of it, Buckley needs to be really careful on a yellow card.

The shot from BBD deserved a goal after a slick passing move.

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Promising signs. We'll know more I suppose when he gets more of his own type of players in that he needs to play his system.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

poor

no

no

Bit harsh, we grew into the game as the half went along. We restricted QPR to just the one shot, which hit the crossbar. Some good linkup play was being developed toward the end of the half.

The major disappointment was Buckley, who is very lucky not to have been sent off. That would have changed the game and we'd have been up against it if he had. He needs to mature as a footballer...and fast. 

4 minutes ago, Miker said:

What formation are we actually playing? Looks like a 4-3-3 at times with Hedges playing deeper than the other 3 attackers.

Its been standard 4231 imo with them switching round a bit but mostly Vale leading the line. It is weird having three big units in Hedges, BBD and Gallagher but it's Vale whose clearly a fair bit smaller playing the traditional number 9.

Not just Mowbray!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Vale hasnt looked out of sorts....been in the mix all the time...like a new signing. Almost robbed the QPR defender... a poacher..

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

4-2-3-1 

Vale is miles off this standard. Hindering everything we do going forward.

opinions eh?!

• Like 3

Just now, rovers11 said:

Thought we looked poor for the majority of that half. QPR were much brighter but lack a cutting edge. Happy to be leading. 

Do I watch the same game as you I would say the goal is the difference...think we will grew and hopefully our fitness is top class.