42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Assuming no transfers between now and then:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dack Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Carter, Edun, Garrett, Markanday, Dolan, Vale

I think that's our best team, but I'd be surprised if Dack starts with him only having 45 mins of pre-season. Would probably have Dolan as the 10 with Dack coming off the bench, and have JRC on the bench in front of Garrett.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think that's our best team, but I'd be surprised if Dack starts with him only having 45 mins of pre-season. Would probably have Dolan as the 10 with Dack coming off the bench, and have JRC on the bench in front of Garrett.

Dack played an hour at the weekend. I don't think he will start but I don't see why he can't play another hour on Saturday.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Assuming no transfers between now and then:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dack Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Carter, Edun, Garrett, Markanday, Dolan, Vale

Probably right with this. Unfortunately I don't see a team with Pickering and to a slightly lesser extent Hedges challenging for a top 6 spot.

I would also like a genuine challenger to Travis to emerge this season. 

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic
  • Backroom

Rovers 2 - 0 QPR

Kaminski

Travis Buckley 

Gallagher Dolan Diaz

Vale

Pears, Markanday, Dack, Carter, A.Wharton, Hedges, Edun

Not a bad side, looking forward to it and also happy that they've introduced the 5 subs rule, it should mean more minutes for our academy lads.

Edited by Madon
  • Like 2

2-0 win for us, an early goal settling us down and enabling us to play some nice 2-touch, high tempo stuff.

Couple of youngsters to make their debuts in the 2nd half.

Looking forward to it, taking my two little lads (their highlight is usually the crap Rollover hotdog at HT...).

• Like 3

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Hedges  Dolan Brereton-Diaz

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Carter, Edun, Garrett, Markanday, Dack, Vale

Kaminski 

Brittain Carter Wharton Edun

Travis Buckley 

Markandy Dolan Diaz 

Gally

Feel as tho Carter and Edun are better fits for the system than Ayala and Pickering and while I’m very tempted by Vale, I just want to see Gally given a proper go down the middle.

Heart says we’ll win but knowing Rovers I can see this being a 1-1 draw. Expecting us to look very good for opening 15 and then perhaps a little average after that. Going to be a work in progress.

Is anyone driving up from London on the Saturday to watch this? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Kaminski 

Brittain Carter Wharton Edun

Travis Buckley 

Markandy Dolan Diaz 

Gally

Feel as tho Carter and Edun are better fits for the system than Ayala and Pickering and while I’m very tempted by Vale, I just want to see Gally given a proper go down the middle.

Heart says we’ll win but knowing Rovers I can see this being a 1-1 draw. Expecting us to look very good for opening 15 and then perhaps a little average after that. Going to be a work in progress.

Is anyone driving up from London on the Saturday to watch this? 

Agreed about Edun over Pickering…Also on Markanday, looking forward to seeing him play. 

2-1 Rovers

14, 100 in attendance which includes 1,239 Away

Edited by BankEnd Rover

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Gallagher

That's the team I think he'll go with too Chaddy, and is what I'd pick.

1-1

Edited by Wheelton Blue

10 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Probably right with this. Unfortunately I don't see a team with Pickering and to a slightly lesser extent Hedges challenging for a top 6 spot.

I would also like a genuine challenger to Travis to emerge this season. 

I've got a feeling Hedges will be one who surprises everyone in this season. He's frustrating but you can see with a few tweaks how he will be able to create a lot of problems for oppositions. Sort of reminiscent of how Diaz was around late 2020. 

• Like 3

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I've got a feeling Hedges will be one who surprises everyone in this season. He's frustrating but you can see with a few tweaks how he will be able to create a lot of problems for oppositions. Sort of reminiscent of how Diaz was around late 2020. 

There’s defiantly a player there, but we now understand aberdeen fans frustrations that he turns up every other game.

Hedges can strike the ball and he’s got a neat touch, he’s the type of player when he runs with the ball, players find it difficult to get it off him (if that makes sense).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Gallagher

Probs this team will play with the one caveat that maybe Markanday will get the nod ahead of Dolan. Dolan's been struggling a bit recently. 

Also would Adam Wharton not get ahead of Garrett on the bench? He seems slightly closer to a first team start?

While our bench is not great, if you step back and look at that starting XI it is pretty solid. It's just Pickering, Hedges and Dolan who I would prefer to not be starting at the moment. 

I'd hope we can win this one. Also I've moved up north so this is my first opening day game at Ewood ever!

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

There’s defiantly a player there, but we now understand aberdeen fans frustrations that he turns up every other game.

Hedges can strike the ball and he’s got a neat touch, he’s the type of player when he runs with the ball, players find it difficult to get it off him (if that makes sense).

Yeah, exactly why he reminds me of pre-Diaz Brereton. Wonder if we can sneak Hedges over to Chile for the next international break to pick up some tips...?