Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

I'd go

Kaminski

Brittain       Ayala      Wharton     Pickering

Travis      Buckley

Hedges           Dolan            Brereton

Gallagher 

Key will be to get that pressing and intensity right from the off. Dack on after an hour. Hedges over markanday as I think he'd balance the side more and has potential to link up well with the new RB. Vale guaranteed to get game time at some point.

• Like 1

We'll fly out of the traps I reckon and go a goal up, before a disjointed second half ends up 1-1 with QPR having the better of it.

Many who refuse to acknowledge the signs will come away saying it was a "good point".

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We'll fly out of the traps I reckon and go a goal up, before a disjointed second half ends up 1-1 with QPR having the better of it.

Many who refuse to acknowledge the signs will come away saying it was a "good point".

No result at home other than a win is a “good result” I think everyone knows that.

I think the key thing is to not panic though. Look at forest last season & at how they started…A loss or a point on Sat won’t bother me too much…We will eventually see signings, we will eventually start picking up results.

50 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

No result at home other than a win is a “good result” I think everyone knows that.

It’s a new season so all the cliches will be out again early.

”Any point away is a good point” - which is not really true. All of the top 6 got well over a point a game away from home last season.

”What do you expect. They’re a premier league squad” - No they’re not. They got relegated cos they weren’t good enough to be a premier league squad and they’ve  drawn / lost to *insert lower league team here* already this season.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

It’s a new season so all the cliches will be out again early.

”Any point away is a good point” - which is not really true. All of the top 6 got well over a point a game away from home last season.

”What do you expect. They’re a premier league squad” - No they’re not. They got relegated cos they weren’t good enough to be a premier league squad and they’ve  drawn / lost to *insert lower league team here* already this season.

That's so accurate. "Win your home games, draw your away games" will probably get trotted out by someone somewhere too - as if a team is going to go through a 46 game season doing exactly that.

9 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I think the key thing is to not panic though. Look at forest last season & at how they started…A loss or a point on Sat won’t bother me too much…We will eventually see signings, we will eventually start picking up results.

Wish people would stop citing Forest as if that's likely to happen to us should we be in the bottom three by the end of September.

That sort of thing happens once in a generation AND they had to change managers to get there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wish people would stop citing Forest as if that's likely to happen to us should we be in the bottom three by the end of September.

That sort of thing happens once in a generation AND they had to change managers to get there.

It's so illogical isn't it. Yes there are exceptions to the rule but quite obviously a better start will on average lead to a better season overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Chill…My point is there’s no need to worry if we don't see the results we want in the first few games…

I think we all know we won’t have a season like Forest…Even though it’s not impossible…

5 hours ago, damo100 said:

Just looked on QPR's Website for ticket sales, looks like they'll be housed in the top tier. 

Well played Waggott, yet again doing his upmost to ruin any sort of atmosphere as he continues to drive fans away..

‘Marginal gains’, he reckons. Though our home form fell of a cliff when they started putting them back up there in the run in.

Dave Brailsford in reverse is our Swag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

A good old fashioned Accrington Nori will do.

Younger fans on here, just Google it.

Pretty much my only recollection of my first night at uni was discussing Accrington and Nori with the lad serving me a kebab. Still to this day have no idea how the conversation came about...!

Used the world over I believe, most notably in the Empire State Building or somewhere?

Edited by GHR

1 minute ago, GHR said:

Pretty much my only recollection of my first night at uni was discussing Accrington and Nori with the lad serving me a kebab. Still to this day have no idea how the conversation came about...!

Used the world over I believe, most notably in the Empire State Building or somewhere?

Probably. No self respecting Darrener would be seen within a load of Nori though as most terraced houses in Darwen are made from stone 🙂