BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can't ask for much more than a winning start for JDT 👍

Shame the Diaz goal didn't count then we could have waved our dicks about saying top of the league, but we move.

Ayala once again proving he's one of the best in the league, just stay bloody fit lad! I still find it hard to believe he's only 31 yet I'm 40 and can train 5 or 6 days a week!

He'll be around until about November, so we'll need a backup ready by then. Probably ok for the next couple of months, assuming we don't have an unusually cold autumn.

• Like 1

Fantastic, cracker of a goal from Travis, could rewatch that over and over again.

The game itself otherwise was as low-key as possible, had 0-0 written all over it. So we are quite fortunate to leave with these 3 points.

But.

It is surreal to me the season has started and we are just going along with it. 3 starting 11 players gone, including our captain...only transfer in from a relegated club, even if he proves decent....what is going on? Hand to heart I would find this transfer situation unacceptable if we had been relegated, let alone starting a season with a promising new manager. It feels farcical. 

Waggot and Broughton need to explain what is going on. If these are the "realities" of what we can achieve on the market, we best prepare for relegation then. 

• Like 1

A lot of promise shown there, especially second half. Brittain, Ayala, Wharton, Travis, Buckley all played really well. BBD was dangerous but didn’t really have a chance. Vale didn’t look out of place. But I’m most surprised by Hedges, who it seems JDT has trained to be a football player. 

But don’t think for a second we don’t need signings. We need at least a CB, CM, and winger. I’d like a left back as well. 

• Like 5

Working so couldn't go today.

From the bits I saw on ifollow Buckley was different class.Defensively sound,front four worked their socks off but lacking in a bit of quality.

All about points on the board at this stage hopefully see the squad getting stronger next week with a couple of signings through the door 

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Very good imo. They didnt cause us any problems anywhere on the pitch really. Didn't break our lines once as far as I can recall.

They had 0 shots on target which tells you all you need to know really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

We can go to Swansea with confidence and hopefully a couple of signings. You could almost see that JDT didn't want to sub anyone bar Vale....hopefully he gets backed by the owners...

On that subject, the 5 sub rule is gonna really benefit those lucky enough to have a good squad. Qpr blitzed through theirs but luckily didn't have much quality on the bench. I think it's a stupid rule yet again set to benefit the bigger teams.

Have to mentioned Bucko. Silly to get himself booked in the first 10 mins. Then full of maturity to keep himself in the game as well as influencing game play. Won quite a few balls as well. Excellent game from him.

Wharton/Ayala looked solid heading those long balls all day. But we still need a 1 or 2 CBs. Ayala will not last the season.

Brittain - Very good signing. Defensive awareness and ball skills. Haven't seen that for a while from our right back.

Hedges - Very under-rated. Worked hard for the team, does have a few skills in his bags. Actually has a good game.

Gally - Runs a lot but keep giving the ball away in dangerous areas. Cant control a ball. But no one can fault his work rate. 

Travis - What a start as our club captain! Led by example today.

Pickering - Not convinced with him at all. Looks painful slow.

All in all, 3 points. Let's hope JDT can look at this game and start improving the first XI and add some depth to the bench.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

In the role Hedges played. Dack isn't a CM.

Agree with you on Buckley/Travis. Both very underrated by our own fans for some reason. 

Didn’t mean to imply Dack is a CM, just noted he wasn’t used. Lots of speculation that his fitness level doesn’t fit JDT’s style. Not sure how a player if that quality doesn’t fit any style at this level. 

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

QPR has ambitions to be competing for promotion so thats one done.

If hesitate to write anyone off early in the Championship. Mad league. They've got quality players like Chair and Dykes so it might be theyre out of sorts, or we are particularly defensively good. Will take a couple of months to figure it out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Good performance given the players we have lost.

Hedges my man of the match, definitely felt like more Hernandez than a Hedges today!

I didnt think Hedges was abysmal but thought he was nowhere near the top performer (Buckley and Ayala the standouts for me, Travis also with a solid all round game and a great goal).

• Like 1