BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

Standouts for me, Ayala, Wharton, Trav, Buckley, Britain & Hedges…Dolan also did very well when he came on…I’d say he’s better as an impact sub, keeps their Tired CB’s on their toes…

Gally works hard but really is a donkey…that awful touch/ball when he could of played Brereton through 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Pickering did okay but really isn’t what we need as a wing back. My Nan could move faster than him.

Gally needs to play up top & if we can get Szmodics or Bowler on the right we’re onto a winner!

We kept the ball well but at times we’re quite sloppy with the passing. First 20 was terrible but pretty good after that.

We need some additions next week!

Overall chuffed for JDT!!! GET IN!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, alex l said:

Pickering's confidence looked shot especially in the first half, but one thing I did notice which didn't help him at all is he had no option down the line. Diaz was immediately going infield when Pickering received the ball and nobody was running the channel. Early in the second half BBD ran the line instead and Pickering found him.

Time and time again there was acres of space for Pickering to run into (with and without the ball), but he simply doesn't have the athleticism to do so at this level.

You could see he was erring on the side of caution and hanging back rather than pushing on into the space - it leaves us very lopsided. This system requires the FBs to push on to provide the width - Brereton (or whoever) is meant to cut inside in this system. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He was poor

Now I'm convinced you're on the wind up - I gave you the benefit of the doubt before now.

He provided an outlet in attack and was extremely competent in defence. More to come from him as he settles into the system with new players. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 4

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Now I'm convinced you're on the wind up -I gave you the benefit of the doubt before now.

He provided an outlet in attack and was extremely competent in defence. More to come from him as he settles into the system with new players. 

In your opinion 

Some results just bring a smile to your face as a Rovers fan and today was one of them, this squad is about as decimated as any in Venkys regime. As decimated as it is they did all you could have asked of them as a fan, LABORE! 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

2 full backs were poor.

yet took a clean sheet

Hedges had a nightmare.

yet worked hard and created an opportunity for our goal

Bucko and Travis steady

Defence not tested.

QPR to find themselves near the bottom

It’s as if you only find the bad stuff!

• Like 4

2 full backs were poor.

Hedges had a nightmare.

Bucko and Travis steady

Defence not tested.

QPR to find themselves near the bottom

Opinion on Hedges game seems mixed. Ranges from mom to nightmare. I thought he was poor. Gave the ball away a lot, caught in possession with the ball under his feet and didn’t play any penetrating balls through. Sure he provided the “assist” but that wasn’t anything other than a knock down. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Opinion on Hedges game seems mixed. Ranges from mom to nightmare. I thought he was poor. Gave the ball away a lot, caught in possession with the ball under his feet and didn’t play any penetrating balls through. Sure he provided the “assist” but that wasn’t anything other than a knock down. 

He's athletic, works hard and is technically competent, but his end product is generally underwhelming.

I think he's a very good squad player at this level - someone you can bring on for 20 mins to inject some energy into your side in that 3 (of the 4-2-3-1), but he's not a starter. He just doesn't do enough on the ball. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Time and time again there was acres of space for Pickering to run into (with and without the ball), but he simply doesn't have the athleticism to do so at this level.

You could see he was erring on the side of caution and hanging back rather than pushing on into the space - it leaves us very lopsided. This system requires the FBs to push on to provide the width - Brereton (or whoever) is meant to cut inside in this system. 

Don't disagree he had to space to use, but when Brereton goes inside, another forward needs to offer an option down the channel. 

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I know we advertised recently for a Casual Scoreboard Operator but this bloke today took it literally. He kept the clock going for the additional two minutes at the end of the first half which he shouldn't, was doing the same for the additional three at the end of the game but unfathomably stopped the clock on 92.14.

Didn't notice it at half time but a few of us noticed it at  full time. But think someone told him to stop. It happened a couple of times last season.