BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

10 minutes ago, jodrell said:

Didn't notice it at half time but a few of us noticed it at  full time. But think someone told him to stop. It happened a couple of times last season.

My opening sentence was exactly how the job was advertised. A Casual Scoreboard Operator.

😂

• Like 2

I think there are a few who are being a bit harsh. This isn’t by far the finished squad picking up points now takes the pressure off the rest of the squad. 

was the performance pretty? No particularly but small changes made a big difference, Buckley playing alongside Travis brings a lot of grit and pressure for the fight in midfield. Ayala is class he just needs to stay fit. Brittain I actually felt had a good game he contained Chair quite well. Pickering does need some confidence blown into him he looks lost 

Overall 3 points by a team who have been far more active than us in the window. Not the worse result in the world 🤟

• Like 2

Pretty woeful first 30 minutes. Passing for passing sake and poor passing from many.

Played well after the goal, and controlled the game I thought, shame we still don't seem ruthless when winning.

Buckley lucky to be on the pitch maybe. Should really be smarter if he's to play CM all season as he's 30 yellow cards and about 5 reds waiting to happen. love him in that position though.

Concerned we didn't make any further subs as Gallagher, Hedges and Brereton especially looked out on their feet. Perhaps it was a conscious idea to improve fitness.

Cautiously optimistic after 1 game.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, JBiz said:

yet worked hard and created an opportunity for our goal

Wow, just wow....to give anyone except LT credit for the goal is taking the piss.  What did Hedges do for Travis goal....🤣👍  scraping there lad. He was very very average and gave the ball away a lot and was caught in possession a lot...  He will be on the bench soon

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Really happy with that today. Thought we played well, Brittain looks promising and Vale didn’t disgrace himself, but needs more minutes I think.

The main positive for me- last ten minutes, normally with Rovers, I’m bricking it and expect us to concede, but was the most contented in ages, as we were so comfortable.

Let’s get some new bodies in and build on this. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Really happy with that today. Thought we played well, Brittain looks promising and Vale didn’t disgrace himself, but needs more minutes I think.

The main positive for me- last ten minutes, normally with Rovers, I’m bricking it and expect us to concede, but was the most contented in ages, as we were so comfortable.

Let’s get some new bodies in and build on this. Onwards and upwards.

Vale for me isn’t strong enough, defiantly not a starter but a worthy Sub. Think Gally is better there with Szmodics RW or CAM

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I know we advertised recently for a Casual Scoreboard Operator but this bloke today took it literally. He kept the clock going for the additional two minutes at the end of the first half which he shouldn't, was doing the same for the additional three at the end of the game but unfathomably stopped the clock on 92.14.

Also felt we were miles behind with the graphics that go alongside the team announcement before the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Also felt we were miles behind with the graphics that go alongside the team announcement before the game.

We noticed that Mike. It's a good job the team performed better. 😂😂

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Opinion on Hedges game seems mixed. Ranges from mom to nightmare. I thought he was poor. Gave the ball away a lot, caught in possession with the ball under his feet and didn’t play any penetrating balls through. Sure he provided the “assist” but that wasn’t anything other than a knock down. 

He also provided the tidy little dink through that led to the corner immediately preceding our goal.

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

My opening sentence was exactly how the job was advertised. A Casual Scoreboard Operator.

😂

Is that a rule that the added time shouldn’t be shown on the clock? Always wondered why it never showed it 

• Like 2

Hedges' end product needs consistency, but what do people expect given the level he has come from and to? What he does seem to have is vision and awareness, as well as some technical ability. The highlights below illustrate this, as well as Pickering playing a forward ball when he had an option down the line

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/12662139/blackburn-1-0-qpr-sky-bet-championship-highlights

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

He also provided the tidy little dink through that led to the corner immediately preceding our goal.

That’s was Britain and Vale who combined to get the cross to BBD and his shot was deflected out for the corner. 

• Like 1

Agree with most of what’s been said - first half was a bit flat before the goal, but we picked up and improved further in the second half.

Strange how opinions can differ from those in the ground to those watching on telly.

I thought Brittain looked a mile better than Nyambe going forward. And he did fine at the other end too.

Pickering and Hedges, the two current favourites for being picked on, it seems, both did fine. Could be better, but they both played their part - Hedges getting the assist for Trav’s goal was a bonus.

And I thought Vale showed some very tidy touches and definitely didn’t look out of place at all.

What I did find interesting, as I was sat not too far from the bench, was seeing and hearing JDT giving out his instructions; he’s very clear on what he wants.

At points in the second half, he was literally telling BBD where to position himself to gain maximum advantage of space/etc.

3 points, that’s the important part and an okay performance. Some of the close control and passing was very impressive at times, but we were also wasteful in others and a better team that QPR might have taken advantage.

Look forward to seeing who joins and how they make us stronger in the next couple of weeks 🔵

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's athletic, works hard and is technically competent, but his end product is generally underwhelming.

I think he's a very good squad player at this level - someone you can bring on for 20 mins to inject some energy into your side in that 3 (of the 4-2-3-1), but he's not a starter. He just doesn't do enough on the ball. 

Far and away Hedges was our best player going forward, particularly first half. 

One ball round the corner to Brereton first half was superb. 

I do think people sometimes make their mind up before they go. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Could listen to JDT all day couldn’t you

Its great how he says we. We could have been better rather than when Mowbray leaves the players hanging out to dry. He also Didn't sugar-coat the performance he admitted things could have improved.  Very much the antithesis of Mowbray 

• Like 2

Interesting that JDT only made 1 sub whereas QPR made all 5.

Given the tiredness in the players towards the end, have to wonder if he doesnt trust Dack or Markanday in this system. Dack probably isnt athletic enough and Markanday looks way too delicate. We shall see but if so we may need 7/8 additions not 5/6.

Very good win nonetheless and Hedges my MOM along with Travis. That was some goal!!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Its great how he says we. We could have been better rather than when Mowbray leaves the players hanging out to dry. He also Didn't sugar-coat the performance he admitted things could have improved.  Very much the antithesis of Mowbray 

jdt was a winner as a player and he certaintly is`nt here to settle for mediocrity or complacency,got to like that

• Like 3

Very good win and excellent start for Jon Dahl Tomasson and the players today. 

We set up in 4-2-3-1 formation with Vale up front, Gallagher right, Hedges 10 role and Brereton-Diaz on the left but one of the things we witness was movement and moving inside and allowing the full backs to be the wider players in the team. Jon Dahl Tomasson has a clean way he was us to play and this is work in progress but good start. Some good nice and quick one touch passing today. 

Travis scored a great goal and he was good today. Buckley shown class in the 8 role and show his passing quality and his tackling was one of the key thing in our victory. Hedges was good in the 10 role and my man of the match. Played the role well. 

Kaminski did everything well and the back 4 was mostly solid. One of two positional of the centre backs wasn't right. Brittain was very good at right back. Pickering was ok but needs to do better going forward for me. 

Pleased Vale started and he had a good game. Some good touches and movement. Also He shown great awareness to run back into midfield and cover for Buckley when he was down after a collision with Dickie in the penalty area. 

Interesting we only 1 sub today but JDT didn't bring Dack as fans wanted him to and The players look fitter and quick then last season. 

Plenty to go forward with for JDT and the team. Looking forward to the Swansea away game and I will enjoy this win tonight. 

COYB! JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 8