BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

8 minutes ago, damo100 said:

QPR fans brought decent numbers but yet again Waggot puts them up in the gods to save a few pennys. 

Ruins the atmosphere and any possible banter between fans and looks bloody awful seeing a completely empty lower tier.

Wish he'd stop this...

I strongly disagree on this. Keep away fans as far away from the pitch as possible imo.

Why would it save a few pennies sticking them up top as down below? Wouldn't make any difference would it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Our form fell of a cliff after they were put up there last season.

Our cracking run was with them downstairs…

Rather more to do with Mowbray sulking and falling out with all and sundry,  refusing to sign a striker and playing Bradley Johnson as a false 9 and losing the dressing room I'd have thought!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Jack Walker and the BEnd lower were well populated, if you would’ve had the 1300 away fans in the lower too, even a less than half full Ewood would’ve looked fine on TV. 

Instead Trav’s goal is in front of a mass of empty seats, gives a shite impression of the club to anybody watching the ITV highlights.

Yeah I've thought the same.

Folk think we're still playing behind closed doors if they only saw the goal from yesterday.

21 minutes ago, damo100 said:

QPR fans brought decent numbers but yet again Waggot puts them up in the gods to save a few pennys. 

Ruins the atmosphere and any possible banter between fans and looks bloody awful seeing a completely empty lower tier.

Wish he'd stop this...

Its a good following especially with the rail strikes happening. 

But their fans was quiet anyway. Not sure they would have creating any atmosphere tbh 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ha well obviously, but considering most weeks we can fit all of ours in the Jack Walker, that’s a long way off!

Had this argument over and over with John Williams back in the day.

If you're planning on the basis that you're going to fill the Darwen End with away fans half the season, you can never put into motion serious plans to fill the ground with home fans.

I know we're a long way off even those days now but I'm sure there were home fans who enjoyed going in the DE lower when it was possible to do so and I'd have kept that going and been looking at ways to give us a credible presence of home fans at both ends of the ground.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a good following especially with the rail strikes happening. 

There weren’t any strikes which affected Blackburn yesterday - Northern, TPE and Avanti West Coast were all working normally. There might have been a few QPR fans who might have struggled to get from London suburbs to Euston but it would be very marginal.

16 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There weren’t any strikes which affected Blackburn yesterday - Northern, TPE and Avanti West Coast were all working normally. There might have been a few QPR fans who might have struggled to get from London suburbs to Euston but it would be very marginal.

I doubt it affected their following that much, but our rail service currently is a shambles. Avanti didn't confirm the timetable for yesterday until Wednesday.

IMG_20220731_152914.jpg

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Still a massive inconvenience any strikes by rail staff to the pubic and for people who has made plans in advance 

3 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Iceland is a prime example of a company with a conscience they are accepting reduced profits by not increasing their prices. I wonder if the oil companies could consider this as an option 

Not when they are doing on purpose they won't.

With very little if any resistance from western Govts driving the great net zero reset.

8 hours ago, neophox said:

https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/july/report-town-b-2-2-blackburn-rovers/

Seems we had an behind closed door friendly with Huddersfield. Anyone know who started for Rovers? Did Dack play? Rhodes was one of the players at Huddersfield...

Rhodes and Mahoney played so how the mighty have fallen, can’t stand Mahoney the arrogant Little sod… a few decent cameos and he thought he was worth a lot more than he was 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still a massive inconvenience any strikes by rail staff to the pubic and for people who has made plans in advance 

My point wasn’t whether strikes are an inconvenience or not - clearly they are for anyone affected. But just about nobody would have been inconvenienced in getting by train to Ewood yesterday.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Jack Walker and the BEnd lower were well populated, if you would’ve had the 1300 away fans in the lower too, even a less than half full Ewood would’ve looked fine on TV. 

Instead Trav’s goal is in front of a mass of empty seats, gives a shite impression of the club to anybody watching the ITV highlights.

Couldn’t give a monkeys about what others think, small followings should be up there it’s easier and cheaper to steward 

Fair enough. But I like the club to be shown in its best possible light.

And it’s not exactly difficult to steward a 5,000 seat tier, when the majority of clubs are fetching c750-1500 … and the ones that are difficult to steward (Dingles, PNE etc) are in the bottom tier anyway!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I strongly disagree on this. Keep away fans as far away from the pitch as possible imo.

Why would it save a few pennies sticking them up top as down below? Wouldn't make any difference would it?

Of course it saves £. Less stewards and police etc 

Why else do you think he does this?

This all started with TM, he's gone now so why carry on?

I take it you ain't too bothered about a decent atmosphere at Ewood or how awful it looked on media platforms when Trav hit that pearler in front of 5k empty blue seats?

50 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Of course it saves £. Less stewards and police etc 

Why else do you think he does this?

This all started with TM, he's gone now so why carry on?

I take it you ain't too bothered about a decent atmosphere at Ewood or how awful it looked on media platforms when Trav hit that pearler in front of 5k empty blue seats?

I couldn't give a monkeys about how it appears on TV or social media platforms, I'm only bothered about our own team having the maximum possible advantage which to me entails putting the away fans as far away from the pitch as possible whenever possible.

Why do fans need less stewarding in the upper tier than the lower one?

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I couldn't give a monkeys about how it appears on TV or social media platforms, I'm only bothered about our own team having the maximum possible advantage which to me entails putting the away fans as far away from the pitch as possible whenever possible.

Why do fans need less stewarding in the upper tier than the lower one?

So you 'couldn't give a monkeys' about how it appears etc..

Really? When we have a lot of fairweather fans as well as fans who don't attend Ewood mainly due to matchday experience/atmosphere etc.

Seeing all those empty seats puts the club in a bad light and is NOT the sort of publicity we need right now.

In regards your 'why do fans need less stewarding?' is that a serious question or are you just being pedantic?