BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

11 hours ago, Silas said:

Exactly what happened, in split second slow motion.

I really want to applaud him and say it's good for the game, we all want to see 11 v 11, but I just know if the same thing happens to the opposition this season I'll be frothing at the mouth in anger.

We got away with one today, no doubt in my mind. 

I think the reason for not giving a second booking was that the ref took into account the first booking for Buckley. A Rovers player had actually been fouled by a QPR player, the ref allowed advantage then Buckley commited the foul for which he was booked, he also booked the QPR player for the initial foul. If the ref hadn't allowed play to continue, Buckley would never have had to make the foul that got him booked.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think the reason for not giving a second booking was that the ref took into account the first booking for Buckley. A Rovers player had actually been fouled by a QPR player, the ref allowed advantage then Buckley commited the foul for which he was booked, he also booked the QPR player for the initial foul. If the ref hadn't allowed play to continue, Buckley would never have had to make the foul that got him booked.

Totally. A much better explanation than my bumbling attempt above!!

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, rigger said:

Hell of a lot brain calculations in about 1.5 seconds that.

I get the sentiment, but I'm thinking maybe the point in the game played a big factor too. 

That challenge happens in the 70th min and I'm not sure the ref gives the first booking details a second thought.

1 minute ago, Silas said:

I get the sentiment, but I'm thinking maybe the point in the game played a big factor too. 

That challenge happens in the 70th min and I'm not sure the ref gives the first booking details a second thought.

I am not saying that is how the ref thought. That is why I started my quote with : I thought.

If a ref makes a decission, which he then thinks may have been wrong. I suspect that may be stuck in his mind for the rest of the game, never mind just being a second thought. I know when I worked, if I made a mistake no matter how small, it always played on my mind.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Electricity at the kiosk, gas for the fryers, hourly rate to get the staff. 

I guarantee the cost of producing those chips has not risen by £0.80p

I highly doubt it has risen by 25% since last season.

The only cost that could have spiralled by that much is energy, and that will still only be a fraction of the cost of your portion of chips.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frosty said:

Buckley really is a lovely player to watch. Body feints, first touches that create space for himself and take opposition players out of the game, outside of the foot passes, nice passes through the lines. Proper footballer. 

He did that yesterday where he received the ball across himself and dropped his shoulder, took 2 players out of the game instantly and turned defence into attack. A exhale of appreciation went around the ground in admiration of his sheer awareness. I can only remember Tugay last getting appreciation for something like. Clever little f****r. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Neal said:

He did that yesterday where he received the ball across himself and dropped his shoulder, took 2 players out of the game instantly and turned defence into attack. A exhale of appreciation went around the ground in admiration of his sheer awareness. I can only remember Tugay getting last getting appreciation for something like. Clever little f****r. 

That's something you can't teach either. It is naturally ability and he has bags of it.

He has a big season ahead of him and I expect big things of him. I hope he grabs his opportunity by the horns and turns into the real player, I am sure he is.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Silas said:

The second challenge was much earlier than that - my guess about 25 minutes in and not that long after the first.

The first challenge was Buckley being fouled by Dykes - the ref played an advantage that petered out almost straightaway - the ref could have brought play back then but didn't. Moments later Buckley jumped into Dykes in retaliation. Both bookings but had the ref stopped play at the first the second wouldn't have happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Electricity at the kiosk, gas for the fryers, hourly rate to get the staff. 

They have gone up I agree but I don't see other fast food outlets like McDonalds or Burger King putting up their prices by 25%.

Sodexo has kicked off 2022 in a strong position after posting robust first quarter results. The international foodservice and facilities management provider said first quarter revenues rose 18.8% year-on-year to reach €5.3bn ($6bn), with business activity back up to 95% of pre-Covid levels.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They have gone up I agree but I don't see other fast food outlets like McDonalds or Burger King putting up their prices by 25%.

Not to be a dick but:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/27/mcdonalds-uk-raises-price-of-cheeseburger-for-first-time-in-14-years

Only in my head cos it popped up on my phone as an alert other day. 

And I eat them.... a lot!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Ah! So many memories flood back when I hear that song. Raises the hair on my neck!

Agreed.

I’ve been fortunate to play at Ewood a few times, once as captain leading the side out - and absolute goosebumps when you’re stood in the tunnel and you hear those first few notes 👌

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silas said:

Not to be a dick but:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/27/mcdonalds-uk-raises-price-of-cheeseburger-for-first-time-in-14-years

Only in my head cos it popped up on my phone as an alert other day. 

And I eat them.... a lot!

But only £1.39 for large fries 🍟

😉😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frosty said:

Buckley really is a lovely player to watch. Body feints, first touches that create space for himself and take opposition players out of the game, outside of the foot passes, nice passes through the lines. Proper footballer. 

he`s improved massively over the last two seasons,i did`nt think he`d make such a good player in so short a time tbh,always had the passing range but now he`s a complete player,won`t be long before the big boys are sniffing round him

• Like 3

Really enjoyed the day yesterday. Overall encouraging. Some visible weaknesses, albeit forgivable at this stage of the season and the new regime.

I’ll go against the consensus and say that I was really impressed with Vale. Wasn’t a revelation but his linkup play was of a good standard. He’s not got enough nous currently to lead the line but as a part of this “fluid front four” he’ll definitely be able to contribute.

Somewhat staggered by the decision to only field one sub when five are now available. A couple of players were spent by the end.

• Like 1

QPR fans brought decent numbers but yet again Waggot puts them up in the gods to save a few pennys. 

Ruins the atmosphere and any possible banter between fans and looks bloody awful seeing a completely empty lower tier.

Wish he'd stop this...

• Like 9