BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

1 minute ago, Giant said:

How can the manager be accountable for players who were excellent one game and rubbish in the next eg Morton, Szmodics, Brereton etc? Surely they have to take responsibility for their huge swing in performance from game to game, too easy to blame the manager when players are so inconsistent.

Because the system is negative. It’s the same very away game - he showed the same attitude at Reading, Cardiff and Luton. It’s approaching disrespectful how he approaches away games. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The end of the Dack era is not just a footballing decision, JDT desperately wants his wages to fund an already earmarked purchase in Jan. 

Dack will only go if he feels unwanted, so JDT must make him feel lonely and belittled, to make the deal happen in Jan.

We will have lost quite a number of away games due to this little feud/stand-off before Brad is sold for £750,000. 

JDT will play literally anyone ahead of BD, to ensure he's not here in Feb. 

We are looking at starting next season without him, Gallagher and obviously BBD and if the likes of Hirst, Szmodics and similar are the cheaper wage replacement we could be in for a rough old time.

Seems to me the 'project' is get rid of all the higher earners.

• Like 1

Shocking, shocking and shocking.

Major concerns about JDT now.

Any manager who gets his starting line up so wrong, so often has problems.

No positives.

Two shots is a joke.  Wigan fans were laughing at me.

Could rip almost every player to bits.

In particular Travis shocking, offers nothing, needs axing.  Szmodics, feck me, it's a wonder half of Posh aren't still laughing - we've really had our knickers pulled down.  Hirst, feck me, feck me, feck me - possibly the worse centre forward I've EVER seen in blue and white, offers absolutely nowt.

How Dack can't even get on as a meaningful sub, never mind starting a match, is totally inexplicable.

Fully deserved to win did Wigan.  Wanted it more and had a game plan.  I think we were an embarrassment.

That's me finished with all this sh1te.  I do not think we are a serious team.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We are looking at starting next season without him, Gallagher and obviously BBD and if the likes of Hirst, Szmodics and similar are the cheaper wage replacement we could be in for a rough old time.

Seems to me the 'project' is get rid of all the higher earners.

When BBD goes - which he will come the summer at the latest - I struggle to see a single goal in this side (naturally I’m not including Dack given JDT’s opinion on him). I struggle to see a single goal in this side away from home now - and that’s with BBD still about!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

I don’t want to pull the plug on jdt, not just yet. Way to early to give up on him. we don’t need to be changing managers like underwear. 

Hirst needs to be on the bench. We have to be careful, because by now we know we aren’t keeping Dack or BB-D. It appears our rebuilding plan/project has at its nucleus Gallagher, Szmodics, Hirst, & Dolan. Ugh 

Anyone else notice we play tippy tippy and goes nowhere. We start playing that diagonal ball behind to BBD and forward balls and we start creating chances. How many goals did we see this season and last of BBD where he’s got a diagonal ball and cut in, ran with it and scored. He can’t do that when we are playing this slow lethargic build up play 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

Well we lost time to start the usual: 

Venkys Out

JDT has no idea what he doing. 

Where's Gregg?

Transfers were awful

No Clue

Appalling to watch

What's your honest take on our away performances since 6th August?

And our ability to make changes both between and during games, to improve our chances? 

22 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The end of the Dack era is not just a footballing decision, JDT desperately wants his wages to fund an already earmarked purchase in Jan. 

Dack will only go if he feels unwanted, so JDT must make him feel lonely and belittled, to make the deal happen in Jan.

We will have lost quite a number of away games due to this little feud/stand-off before Brad is sold for £750,000. 

JDT will play literally anyone ahead of BD, to ensure he's not here in Feb. 

I wouldn’t trust Gregg to sign anymore players, Hirst and SS are total shite. If Hirst was actually chased all summer, then he needs sacking. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Not all of us have Rennes away on Sunday to look forward to, so cut out the acting like a berk when everybody else is hurting after that tonight.

So I am not hurting? Just because I try to have a different outlook?

13 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

And our ability to make changes both between and during games, to improve our chances? 

Must honest take is i personally thought given the changes, given the signing, given the squad we have we won’t be anywhere near challenging this year but I would accept a mid table finish to build and push on the following. I don’t expect absolutely anything this year. 

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Shocking, shocking and shocking.

Major concerns about JDT now.

Any manager who gets his starting line up so wrong, so often has problems.

No positives.

Two shots is a joke.  Wigan fans were laughing at me.

Could rip almost every player to bits.

In particular Travis shocking, offers nothing, needs axing.  Szmodics, feck me, it's a wonder half of Posh aren't still laughing - we've really had our knickers pulled down.  Hirst, feck me, feck me, feck me - possibly the worse centre forward I've EVER seen in blue and white, offers absolutely nowt.

How Dack can't even get on as a meaningful sub, never mind starting a match, is totally inexplicable.

Fully deserved to win did Wigan.  Wanted it more and had a game plan.  I think we were an embarrassment.

That's me finished with all this sh1te.  I do not think we are a serious team.

You don't get it

It's a Project

It'll all be fine in 5 years

Or maybe not

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Must honest take is i personally thought given the changes, given the signing, given the squad we have we won’t be anywhere near challenging this year but I would accept a mid table finish to build and push on the following. I don’t expect absolutely anything this year. 

This league is there for the taking for any decent team with intelligent management. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This league is there for the taking for any decent team with intelligent management. 

150% agree with you. I just don’t think the squad is good enough especially my main negative is the midfield. I see no one leading that area they just seem happy to watch and pass sideways 

5 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

And our ability to make changes both between and during games, to improve our chances? 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You don't get it

It's a Project

It'll all be fine in 5 years

Or maybe not

Which is why I don’t think he’ll be changing system to suit the current players. He’s made it as clear as can be that this season is not about trying to go up, the squad isn't good enough to go up anyway. I’m expecting, at best, this season is moving backwards to move forwards. Or maybe not.

3 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I didn't see a single comment on here tonight, agreeing with or praising the selection of Hirst, but you can be sure that there will be criticism of those of us daring to venture that we haven't yet seen a player in him.

No-one knows whether he will make it at this level (although most of us think it looks unlikely), but what we do know is that to play him in the starting eleven right now is not a footballing decision, or at least not one that has much interest in whether we win games or not. 

I couldn’t understand how he was starting and Gally on the bench. Was Gally not 100% fit ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Why the mocking post then? You posted the same thing after the Cardiff defeat when posters were sharing valid concerns.

How else does it come across except you taking the piss out of posters, at a time when there is understandable frustration?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

and you know me happy to give time to solve I think I will start to be more critical after feb i just want to see where we are from there. Maybe because I have a french misses i have learnt patience 🤣🤣😂😂 or tried too hahahaha

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Which is why I don’t think he’ll be changing system to suit the current players. He’s made it as clear as can be that this season is not about trying to go up, the squad isn't good enough to go up anyway. I’m expecting, at best, this season is moving backwards to move forwards. Or maybe not.

You move backwards to go backwards in football.

9 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I didn't see a single comment on here tonight, agreeing with or praising the selection of Hirst, but you can be sure that there will be criticism of those of us daring to venture that we haven't yet seen a player in him.

No-one knows whether he will make it at this level (although most of us think it looks unlikely), but what we do know is that to play him in the starting eleven right now is not a footballing decision, or at least not one that has much interest in whether we win games or not. 

It’s either A) we’ve committed a certain amount of game time to Leicester or B) this permanent ‘deal’ we’ve arranged as part of the loan is more likely than not, so we’re already looking at increasing his ‘value’ (lol at that one based on his performances to date). 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

8 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I like them as people but if Szmodics and Hirst were chased all summer, then this lauded and refined summer transfer strategy might need a second look…..

I'm happy to cut them slack because they try but just don't fit what he seems to want to do Szmodics is chasing shadows and Hirst is just too weak.  He's also another big lumbering forward farting about out wide when there is nobody making runs in the middle to get on the end of the odd cross.

Basically the pair of them are just pale imitations of Dack and Gallagher both who struggle themselves at times with unbalanced systems. So to expect these two to be better is fanciful, to see them starting before the real pair is plain stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Why the mocking post then? You posted the same thing after the Cardiff defeat when posters were sharing valid concerns.

How else does it come across except you taking the piss out of posters, at a time when there is understandable frustration?

Trust me mate I am a Lyon supporter as well as Blackburn I know frustrating times 😂 it was all in good humour maybe French humour. I didn’t aim it at anyone whatsoever or else I would have quoted Someone. I understand the frustration I see the faults i see the bad football. I have said time again I think patience goes a long way with a young team