BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I gave up when we went one down. You know the result from there. 

I don't think we deserved to lose though. 

Didn't deserve to lose?!  We didn't even have one shot on target..I'm pretty sure I spotted thier keeper trimming his nose hairs at one point ..we got exactly what we deserved and that's 0 points 

• Like 5

Beyond dreadful.

Wigan probably the worst team we've played to date and we've gifted them the easiest 3 points they'll get all season.

Bit of a recurring theme recently, but only Pickering can leave that pitch with his head high. The rest were a disgrace.

• Like 4

poor performance with unable to put a series of passes or even create anything of note. The players should be doing a hell of alot better than this. No stand out players and plenty of poor performances. Attacking wise we couldn't put the final pass or cross in. 2 shots all game isn't good enough for me. Would make a series of player changes for Saturday game at Boro. 

• Backroom

Honestly that’s appalling stuff 

My decision not to get a season ticket was a tough one but watching the last 2 Tuesdays on sky has made it seem a wise choice 

Absolute shambolic stuff 

• Like 3

Thought defensively it was a much better performance than Cardiff. We were pretty unlucky to concede - there was a push and pull in the build up. One other big chance for Wigan in the first half. But apart from that kept them pretty quiet. 

Offensively though still a real mess. Balance remains all wrong... what team plays three forwards if you can only generate two shots on target in 70 mins? It's mad. We go into game after game making the same mistakes... There's just no point playing loads of forwards if you can't create opportunities. All the space was in the 10 role in front of the Wigan back three, but we didn't put anyone in there till the last 20 mins of the game.

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I gave up when we went one down. You know the result from there. 

I don't think we deserved to lose though. 

What did we do to deserve a draw? Wigan played better football and keane should have scored the 1 on 1 chance in the 1st half when wharton gave the ball away, suicidal just like morton giving the ball away. That had been coming for weeks, the number of times we have got away with that in previous games!!

• Like 1

Just now, Staffordshire Rover said:

A concerning point for me is JDT selection from the start, when you are needing to make 2 changes at half time and another 5 mins later then there is a problem with the system you have set up. Piss poor tonight and a mirror image performance to Cardiff last week. 

It he starts the next game with the selection at the end we might just get results. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

I wish the penny would drop that we're a club with no strikers.

Who have the most creative player in the team sat on the bench for 80-85 minutes every week. The one who can create something or nothing and read the game 100000% better than Hirst, Szmodics and Gallagher

2 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Unprofessional and arrogant from Morton. That wasn't having the ball knicked off of you. He had about 4 touches. It was an arrogance of feeling he's all the time in the world. Owes an apology. 

These things happens to young players.... I thought he worked his socks off.... he was miles better than Travis...theres a player there still learning...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Staffordshire Rover said:

A concerning point for me is JDT selection from the start, when you are needing to make 2 changes at half time and another 5 mins later then there is a problem with the system you have set up. Piss poor tonight and a mirror image performance to Cardiff last week. 

That's straight out of the Mowbray playbook that one as well. Thought we were done with all of this crap.

Like playing strikers as "inside forwards" it's bullshit.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I think maybe at some point we just need to realise that we don't have very good players, we're a simply a mid table championship side and we're unlikely to attract a manager that'll be able to get these players out of this league. Still early doors but worrying signs for JDT Fuck you Venkys 

Alot of teams similar to ours have gotten out of this league due to a shrewd managerial appointment. We went for a name in football who looks the part but it does seem like he is very limited. Finding a gem of a manager is very tough but unfortunately I do not think JDT is the answer or even close. Not liking what I am seeing at all. Hands in pockets, meak, nonchalant, just watching it all unfold with a look of "what do I do here?".

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Small observation, the commentary mentioned we got choice of sides and "chose to turn Wigan around" meaning we chose not to kick towards our own fans in the 2nd half...why does that make any sense? Surely you want the fans behind the goal you are attacking in the 2nd half and driving you on.

That's odd, @BigBar I don't have Sky and the BBC Radio Toytown commentators said before the first half kick-off that it was Wigan's choice to turn us round. Presumably on the basis that we'd taken so many fans. (They implied that with 3,000 brave souls we'd be roared on to victory!!)