BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

There's no progress here. Some peculiar approaches to the last couple of away games...really waiting for the opposition to dominate. Probably not the plan but I don't like the look of this side. Travis is overrated deluxe, didn't pass forward once in the first half. Hedges as RWB? LOL! Not quite Johnno as false 9 but.... Smodicz and Dolan are far from the level needed. Like for like replacement.

Dack needs a run in this side, better than most of the halfwits donning the blue & white halves at the moment.

With all that negativity said, we came out in the second half looking a lot better and took control of the game. I thought finally, we're going to win here, but then Morton made the error. He's only young and will learn, but that's two mistakes in a week from our young loanees costing us. Hirst is definitely not up for it btw.

• Like 1

We have a good few players that aren't good enough for the top half and also wouldn't look out of place in League One. Travis, Pickering, Dolan, Buckley, Szmodics, Hirst, Gallagher etc. It's a lot of players and a lot of kids. So with 5 defenders you're relying on real quality ahead of them and we simply don't have it. It's too much to ask of the players we have and we're asking far too much of Tyler Morton. I was hoping Mola could come in and play a role in the middle but it doesn't look like he will.

It's a man's league and we're being completely outmuscled right through the middle time after time and playing ourselves into danger at the back. 

Not good enough from the manager, and the recruitment team in the summer. There's been far too many totally unacceptable performances already this season.

• Like 4

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

No wins at home all season 

Rovers up next 

😡 Nailed on home win

180 day record or something they said.

Like with the 0 out of 10 saves for the keeper last week, we'll always end the runs.

It's what we do. Over and over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

That's odd, @BigBar I don't have Sky and the BBC Radio Toytown commentators said before the first half kick-off that it was Wigan's choice to turn us round. Presumably on the basis that we'd taken so many fans. (They implied that with 3,000 brave souls we'd be roared on to victory!!)

Hmmmmm unless I misheard. Maybe some else can confirm? It was in sky right at kick off. Would have been a strange decision if it's what we did do.

• Backroom

Right this is the only positive thing I’ll say then back to normal service, I thought Pickering and Brittain were pretty great.

Don’t mess with them two leave them be, other than them, Hyam and Kaminski at the moment I’d say every other place is up for grabs 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Completely agree. Wouldn’t be anywhere near my starting 11. Captaincy means he’ll be an ever present unfortunately. 

Yeah and I was a massive fan, thought he had it all to be a box to box midfielder but now he barely looks capable of doing the basics, poor passing, heavy touches, poor awareness. Basically any negative trait a midfielder can have.

4 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

We have a good few players that aren't good enough for the top half and also wouldn't look out of place in League One. Travis, Pickering, Dolan, Buckley, Szmodics, Hirst, Gallagher etc. It's a lot of players and a lot of kids. So with 5 defenders you're relying on real quality ahead of them and we simply don't have it. It's too much to ask of the players we have and we're asking far too much of Tyler Morton. I was hoping Mola could come in and play a role in the middle but it doesn't look like he will.

It's a man's league and we're being completely outmuscled right through the middle time after time and playing ourselves into danger at the back. 

Not good enough from the manager, and the recruitment team in the summer. There's been far too many totally unacceptable performances already this season.

Lot of fees paid for the lot not through our academy too. 

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hands up who's enjoying the Tomassson "project"? 

Enjoying the wins not the defeats, but the fact this is new start for the club and Rovers have been very open about what the project and the fact we need to give JDT time and patience. Sadly some fans won't give this. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Broughton and JDT are looking more and more like two poor appointments to me. The owners deserve this, we don't.

what a laughable comment that is now! You have been anti Broughton ever since he was appointed. You never gave him a chance from minute 1! 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

His missus’ Twitter likes are essentially a barrage of support for Dack and fans questioning the manager and the club. This situation needs resolving as a priority. It’s dreadful for all involved. 

Let’s not forget Dack is best mates with Brereton.

I've said it time after time Dack will leave in January and I said on Saturday to a Rovers fans on Saturday at Ewood. 

4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

BEST MANAGER WON.

JDT IS A SHOCKER, GET RID NOW.

More OTT reaction again from certain fans who don't understand that JDT needs time and patience from fans. Look at Farke at Norwich as prime example or what Corberan did last season at Huddersfield taking them to Playoffs after a mid-table finish the season before.

sacking JDT when he only had 14 games and we are 7th. Thankfully Rovers will back him and as Sky commentator kept saying Rovers haven't demanding JDT gets us top 6 this season which I think is right cos I see this season has transition season for the playing squad, JDT and the entire football club