BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Rovers recruitment department would have done better and more research, scouting, etc than you."

I guess that there is no point in ever commenting on our opinions of players and signings again. Rovers have done more work on them and presumably as a result all will be successful.

I never said you can't have opinion so please implying this nonsense, but Rovers have plenty of more tools when they are signing players then we have. Plenty of hours and scouting, researching, etc goes into signing players

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And they still get as many signings wrong as they get right.

blimey, Gregg Broughton and Jon Dale Tomasson has had only 1 more transfer window. Our new head of recruitment Gus Williams has only joined about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Plus, we are just about appoint a new head of European scouting and new head of data scouting. 

10 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Kaminksi

Hyam     Wharton    Ayala

Brittian                                        Pickering 

Travis 

Morton                       A. Wharton

Dack

BBD

Something wild and different 

I think we would just get eaten alive in the midfield battle and it would make the game to congested and dense if we played like that against a team like Rotherham  imo.

On 06/10/2022 at 09:10, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only problem with that is they are big lads that don’t play like big lads. Give me David Speedie over any of them.

I would like to see Kaminski boot the ball upfield more, instead of pissing about at the back and giving the supporters nervous breakdowns. We have some tall players in the team at the moment.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think we would just get eaten alive in the midfield battle and it would make the game to congested and dense if we played like that against a team like Rotherham  imo.

Rotherham have drawn 7 of their opening matches, they also beat Reading 3-0 in the openers.We need a solid attacking formation to win this one. 4-0 Rovers.

Thought Szmodics and Brittain were the standouts on Tuesday. No need to go 5 at the back against Rotherham at home.

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Szmodics BBD

Gallagher

Give Spanish Dan a rest, missed Wharton’s comfortability on the ball. Could easily have Dack and A Wharton in there for me too. Hopefully no Morton.

COYB

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

on Jansen, he had 3 goals in 8 PL games and then the season he had 7 goals in 18 games at Championship level for Palace. Then Rovers signed him he scored 3 goals in 11 PL games and then 4 goals in 30 games in the Championship before our promotion season where he got 23 goals in 40 games. 

9 goals in 63 games for Cardiff before he joined us. is that really doing it in the championship or did Rovers spot a player who they thought they could develop and improve. He was 25 years old when he joined us back in November 2013. 

Not interested in the games at Rotherham as most of the apps was a sub. Last season he did very well at Portsmouth and Rovers recruitment department would have done better and more research, scouting, etc than you. 

still obsessing over Beyonce at your age? blimey? Think it's time you can back down to earth now!

Jansen - and your point is?

Gestede - 9 goals more than Hirst then!!!

Hirst at Rotherham - tying yourself up in knots here!  Many, many strikers are best known as 'impact subs' - bring them on and they score goals, a great example being David Fairclough at Liverpool.  Seems like Hirst can't score in the Championship whether it be starting a match or from the bench - just wtf is he about?

Rovers' recruitment - well if Hirst has been the number one target all summer and he's the best they can come up with then I'd sack the feckin lot of them - think Jack would have!

Beyonce - age is a number young man.  Still gobsmacked you would choose a dinner date with Liz Truss over Beyonce!

Edited by Mercer

18 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

Get Diaz up front and central, get Dack just off him, then fill in after that however you want. But we have to get our 2 biggest goal threats and best players on the field together and in positions they can make the biggest impact

Nailed it!

Football is a simple game unless perhaps you are Mowbray or JDT.........................

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never said you can't have opinion so please implying this nonsense, but Rovers have plenty of more tools when they are signing players then we have. Plenty of hours and scouting, researching, etc goes into signing players

I think you are absolutely right and therein lies the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that hasn't gone over your head!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

blimey, Gregg Broughton and Jon Dale Tomasson has had only 1 more transfer window. Our new head of recruitment Gus Williams has only joined about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Plus, we are just about appoint a new head of European scouting and new head of data scouting. 

It's all about quality of personnel - pay peanuts and you get monkeys!!!

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

absolutely the best approach,put your best players in where they can create chances,to simple for jdt though,i have absolutely no idea what he`ll come up with on saturday

My point of view excactly, put BBD up front alongside Sam Gallagher and play a 4-4-2 formation. He's a poweful striker who can find the net. My opinion he's wasted in midfield.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nailed it!

Football is a simple game unless perhaps you are Mowbray or JDT.........................

It's got like that across the championship more and more in recent years way over tactical.  Like the playing side of it you've got a lot of decent but limited young or experienced managers and coaches all trying to be Pep or Klopp.

Jansen - and your point is?

Gestede - 9 goals more than Hirst then!!!

Hirst at Rotherham - tying yourself up in knots here!  Many, many strikers are best known as 'impact subs' - bring them on and they score goals, a great example being David Fairclough at Liverpool.  Seems like Hirst can't score in the Championship whether it be starting a match or from the bench - just wtf is he about?

Rovers' recruitment - well if Hirst has been the number one target all summer and he's the best they can come up with then I'd sack the feckin lot of them - think Jack would have!

Beyonce - age is a number young man.  Still gobsmacked you would choose a dinner date with Liz Truss over Beyonce!

I have nothing more to add to what I've already said so your points before were incorrect about Jansen and Gestede. Why don't you stop going OTT about Hirst again. 

Thanksfully you aren't involved at Ewood Park.  

Still going on about Beyonce like a broken record. time you came back to planet earth quickly

I think you are absolutely right and therein lies the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that hasn't gone over your head!

No Mercer, Director of Football, head coach and the recruitment team did a good job in the summer given everything that when on during the summer

It's all about quality of personnel - pay peanuts and you get monkeys!!!

what is the problem now with the any of the personal? 

We have a good head coach with director of football who so far has delivered and done good so far. Gus Williams has plenty of experience and we have to see who we are appointing in the head of European Scouting and head of data scouting. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Mercer, Director of Football, head coach and the recruitment team did a good job in the summer given everything that when on during the summer

what is the problem now with the any of the personal? 

We have a good head coach with director of football who so far has delivered and done good so far. Gus Williams has plenty of experience and we have to see who we are appointing in the head of European Scouting and head of data scouting. 

At the end of the day Chaddy we are all ardent Rovers' fans wanting the best for the club, wanting good performances and results and wanting the club to be plying its trade in the PL.

Some of us are far more cynical and do not swallow all that comes out of the club, a good part of which is, IMO, bullsh1t for fan consumption and pacification.

Head Coach:  To me the jury is well and truly out.  Already, I have serious concerns about JDT's overall game plan, tactics and selections.  Our performances verge from the occasional relative sublime to the more frequient abysmal.  IMO, we have 6 points more than our performances warrant.

DOF:  You say "so far has delivered and done good"!  Brittain and Hyam look decent signings.  Morton looks decent but, IMO, should be behind Adam Wharton in the pecking order (I'd play both and leave the overrated Travis out).  Looks like Posh have pulled our knickers down over Szmodics, Mola has it all to do and Hirst, well, well, well, our first choice striking target who we chased all summer but he can't score in the Championship!  To cap it all, Buckley gets a new 5 year deal which I could understand if he'd been ripping it up but he's been absolute cr@p this season.  To me, Broughton is no more than a 3 out of 10 mark at the moment.

As far Williams and a new Head of European Scouting, let's see what they deliver first.  In previous scouting capacities with clubs, what gems has Williams unearthed?  Invariably, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Not going to the game tomorrow as I would need 4 tickets and I'm not prepared to shell out £120 to watch some of the cr@p which has been served up this season. 

• Like 1

It’s just occurred to me that Dolan must look an absolute world beater in training playing as a number 9, false or otherwise.

Obviously he’s best deployed on the wing, but he’s pretty good at harassing centre backs when they are on the ball and pinching it off them. Judging by what we see on the pitch it’s what he wants our defenders working on. They are all so bad at it Dolan will have a field day every time.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1